Page 664 of 680 FirstFirst ... 164564614654662663664665666674 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,640 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    Yeah, the vast majority of 1301 are still commercial spec. That's not going away any time soon. LE spec (units for contract or blue label sales) 1301s are the ones not threaded for chokes.
    How can I identify if my 1301 is an LE model?

It is a Gen 1.5 (I think) and seems to have no chokes, or threading for it.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    How can I identify if my 1301 is an LE model?

It is a Gen 1.5 (I think) and seems to have no chokes, or threading for it.
    the SKU/ Jcode should have that on the box. They ten to have "LE" in the code, and the label is literally blue. If that's gone, you should be able to look up the SN.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Yeah, the vast majority of 1301 are still commercial spec. That's not going away any time soon. LE spec (units for contract or blue label sales) 1301s are the ones not threaded for chokes.
    The civilian market will not be able to purchase a non choke version. Will that change in the future?
    How does a person who purchased a le version know if they are 922r compliant?
    Im surprised a non compliant 922r woukd be available for LE personal purchase. Are LE exempt from 922r for personaly owned weapons? What about the officer who retires or leaves LE?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    The civilian market will not be able to purchase a non choke version. Will that change in the future?
    How does a person who purchased a le version know if they are 922r compliant?
    Im surprised a non compliant 922r woukd be available for LE personal purchase. Are LE exempt from 922r for personaly owned weapons? What about the officer who retires or leaves LE?
    There are no current plans to further complicate the SKU proliferation of the 1301 that I'm aware of. It's of course possible the non-choke will be in line for commercial at some point in the future, but I have no information on if or when that'd be.

As for the 922r stuff, as I noted, that was general industry commentary on one of several reasons why LE SKUs going to anybody can be an issue. I'm not a lawyer, so I can't/won't evaluate different setups and their compliance, nor am I familiar with the underpinning mechanisms for LE 922r sales exemptions; I just know I've seen LE SKUs on the market from multiple MFGs that could not be done commercially due to 922r.

I'm not qualified enough in that area to become liable for telling someone how to evaluate the compliance of their personal gun for import restrictions. If you're concerned, speak to a lawyer or someone comfortable pretending to be one online. All I feel comfortable saying is that to the best of my understanding it "opens up a potential legal issue for ... consumers" . When I personally see a deal that I know is a steal and looks like a likely an LE config (extended mag tube when its not normally available, original euro spec stocks, etc), I pass on it because I don't want to open that can of worms, especially as a budding NFA enthusiast and a known person to .gov as being in the industry. I try to stay at least a zipcode away from anything even questionable.
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

My 1301 is a LE model from a LE source. Mine came is a cardboard box and didn’t include a manual… only a card that referred me an online manual. My friend purchased a civilian version around the same time and his came with a hard case.

Quote Originally Posted by destruya View Post
    I'd just -ideally - rather *not* send off my LE barrel for third-party threading over getting a new one.
    I wouldn't recommend 3rd party threading...
    I could be wrong, but I think most people offering that service will not do it to a chrome lined barrel, and I believe our 1301s are?

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think most people offering that service will not do it to a chrome lined barrel, and I believe our 1301s are?
    Correct and correct.
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Accessories

I have a 1301 waiting to be picked up. I would prefer not to read almost 700 pages of this thread to find an answer to the question of whose extended magazine tube has the best reputation. I understand this is subjective and I am not trying to start drama. Thank you to all who choose to assist.

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by kev8287 View Post
    I have a 1301 waiting to be picked up. I would prefer not to read almost 700 pages of this thread to find an answer to the question of whose extended magazine tube has the best reputation. I understand this is subjective and I am not trying to start drama. Thank you to all who choose to assist.

Kev
    As someone who's been hit with the "use our search engine" here before, I'm with you. The real question is which 1301 are you getting, is it an Italian model with the 5rd tube? I got a Nordic 1301 extension and I'd say lots of others would agree it's a solid option. (You can buy the 1301 kit with a clamp, QD and pic rail, or just the regular extension from them.)

However I believe the new ones come with a 7rd tube installed at the factory, you may be lucky.

Mine is the 1301 comp. Sorry for the confusion. I did use the search feature, I have been told that before. I was wanting user input. Thank You for your help.

Kev

User Tag List