Page 448 of 678 FirstFirst ... 348398438446447448449450458498548 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,480 of 6780

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I ended up with an aggressive texture which is what counts, but I struggled to keep any kind of pattern or definition.
    I think that looks great and agree that functionality > aesthetics.
    Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

I dont have my 1301LTT yet, and not sure if this will help.....

but in 2013 I bought a police trade in 870P. The stock was rough so I cut it down a bit. I wanted a light on it, so went with MagPul forend. I felt it was too slippery for a pump....so I added grip tape to the magpul forend and then lightly painted it with Aervoe to closely match the stock.

1000% improvement.

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Like this?

Nice job!!!

looks grippy.

what is the fabric on the top side of the barrel for?

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    Nice job!!!

looks grippy.

what is the fabric on the top side of the barrel for?
    Sigh... Good eye.

So here's the deal with that.

Recently I've seen a few people mount some type of hand stop to the side of a shotgun foregrip to facilitate better control and I wanted to try it for myself.
    I started with an AR vertical hand grip and cut it down shorter and mounted it on the 1301. The tape is automotive wiring tape used to protect wires from engine heat... I added some of it to the barrel so that if my new hand position shifted enough to allow my thumb to touch the hot barrel I wouldn't get too badly scorched.
    I tried this all out at the range last week and was pleasantly surprised with the results. Push-Pull transitioned from something I needed to remember into something that naturally occured.
    The simple repositioning of my hand from under the fore end to the side in kind of a modified C grip completely changed the dynamics... I felt much stronger and much more in control of the recoil. That position just works better with the bones and muscles in my support arm. I'm dummy-far from being an expert but it seems to me the only real reason we place our support hand under the fore grip of a shotgun is to run the pump action. I don't need that with an auto so why be slaved to it? I'm not going to stick with a less efficient method than necessary in fear that it may one day initially screw me up if I grab a pump gun.
    It's not perfect in that it's kind of ugly, it's slightly in the way of my right hand from transitioned shooting, and it's just large enough to make toggling the light not 100% natural... It takes a slight reach with my thumb which is not ideal.
    Basically it's a work in progress, but I feel the concept is sound until someone smarter and with better training tells me why it's dumb/wrong/gonna get me kilt in da streetz. A slightly smaller solution would be better but it needs to stay large enough to spread out the recoil through the whole hand so it doesn't just batter my thumb to death... In that regard this one is ideal. I didn't even think about it as I was shooting... I was just like "why haven't I done this sooner?".

Everyone feel free to laugh, praise, advise or instruct...

Is the 'oversized' loading port (in the advertisement below) an actual change to the receiver? Otherwise everything else is more or less a parts swap for 922R compliance, right?
    Name:  09_08_21_1301_tac_feature.png?upscale=true&width=1320&upscale=true&name=09_08_21_1301_tac_featur.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  20.4 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Bravo Zulu for experimenting!
    Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

You can probably take your horizontal grip down further if needed.

.25” or more to minimize width.

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    You can probably take your horizontal grip down further if needed.

.25” or more to minimize width.
    It's not actually hollow or I would. I cut it down and then finished it with a belt grinder... The belt grinder heated the plastic (zytel maybe?) to melting and it scabbed over the hollow grip and hardened again. I said fuck it and left it like that... keeps the wasps out of it, lol.
    If I could lower the whole grip about 3/8 - 1/2" it would be ideal but I'm stuck with the M-lok slots already there and cutting new lower slots is a no-go because the piston underneath is in the way.

Saw one of the new 1301 Tacticals today. Pretty nice. I couldn’t tell for sure if the mag clamp would take MLOK or not. The shop wanted full retail for it, but they only got it in a couple days ago.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Sigh... Good eye.

So here's the deal with that.

Recently I've seen a few people mount some type of hand stop to the side of a shotgun foregrip to facilitate better control and I wanted to try it for myself.
    I started with an AR vertical hand grip and cut it down shorter and mounted it on the 1301. The tape is automotive wiring tape used to protect wires from engine heat... I added some of it to the barrel so that if my new hand position shifted enough to allow my thumb to touch the hot barrel I wouldn't get too badly scorched.
    I tried this all out at the range last week and was pleasantly surprised with the results. Push-Pull transitioned from something I needed to remember into something that naturally occured.
    The simple repositioning of my hand from under the fore end to the side in kind of a modified C grip completely changed the dynamics... I felt much stronger and much more in control of the recoil. That position just works better with the bones and muscles in my support arm. I'm dummy-far from being an expert but it seems to me the only real reason we place our support hand under the fore grip of a shotgun is to run the pump action. I don't need that with an auto so why be slaved to it? I'm not going to stick with a less efficient method than necessary in fear that it may one day initially screw me up if I grab a pump gun.
    It's not perfect in that it's kind of ugly, it's slightly in the way of my right hand from transitioned shooting, and it's just large enough to make toggling the light not 100% natural... It takes a slight reach with my thumb which is not ideal.
    Basically it's a work in progress, but I feel the concept is sound until someone smarter and with better training tells me why it's dumb/wrong/gonna get me kilt in da streetz. A slightly smaller solution would be better but it needs to stay large enough to spread out the recoil through the whole hand so it doesn't just batter my thumb to death... In that regard this one is ideal. I didn't even think about it as I was shooting... I was just like "why haven't I done this sooner?".

Valid experiment! I might rather not add width to a gun, but, in this case, the light and side saddle add width to that side of the weapon, so, if the hand stop/grip enhances your handling, well, good work, sir!

Meanwhile, I continue to try to resist all of this Beretta-oriented enabling. (I transitioned from an 870P, back to a Benelli, for police duty, in 2016, and added a second Benelli, after I retired, in 2018.)
    Last edited by Rex G; 09-19-2021 at 06:53 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List