Page 325 of 678 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335375425 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 6780

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Just a heads up to you guys waiting for an Aridus front end - I ordered Feb 5. and received it today on Feb 26. Well worth it. Extremely well made, solid, and changes the feel nicely up front.

Also to continue the light mount discussion - You can mount a Magpul cantilever light mount in one of the front slots on the Aridus and if you have longer arms, you can easily reach a tailcap or flip switch like a TLR.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My Langdon 1301 only takes six 2.75 rounds. To get the seventh in, I really need to force it the last bit, and it then doesn’t want to release from the tube. I pulled the spring and follower, reinstalled them, with no change. Thoughts?
    I received the Carrier follower, installed it, and now it takes seven rounds in the tube. BTW, the Federal Flight Control 2.75 buck seem longer than 2.75 bird shot.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Another update for the crew.
    I got my CarrierComp M4 follower and installed it in my 1301 Tactical. I was one of the users who had confirmed that the Nordic flat follower would get a shell stuck if it nosedived in when port loaded.
    I can verify that I cannot get the new follower to mimic the loading lock up. Even if I jam the shell down into the follower tip, it still slides the round up into the chamber easily.

Thumbs up from me!

I shot my 1301 today to verify function after the Carrier follower install. I wouldn’t call it an extensive test, but shooting Federal Flite Control buck and Fiocchi slugs all worked well. As an aside the Federal 00 buck seems longer than 2.75 bird shot. Seven rounds of bird shot fit easily in the tube but the Flite Control is snugger but works. At 7 and 10 yards the Federal Flite Control patterns were not much bigger than the diameter of a slug, so I get the red dot on the 1301 with this ammo.

Compared to Brenneke Classic Magnum slugs the Fiocchi slugs are like powder puffs — any idea how the Fiocchi low recoil slugs do on two leg targets? It is nice to not have your eyes water like mine do with a session of Brenneke slugs.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I shot my 1301 today to verify function after the Carrier follower install. I wouldn’t call it an extensive test, but shooting Federal Flite Control buck and Fiocchi slugs all worked well. As an aside the Federal 00 buck seems longer than 2.75 bird shot. Seven rounds of bird shot fit easily in the tube but the Flite Control is snugger but works. At 7 and 10 yards the Federal Flite Control patterns were not much bigger than the diameter of a slug, so I get the red dot on the 1301 with this ammo.

Compared to Brenneke Classic Magnum slugs the Fiocchi slugs are like powder puffs — any idea how the Fiocchi low recoil slugs do on two leg targets? It is nice to not have your eyes water like mine do with a session of Brenneke slugs.
    A buddy of mine has shot alot of warthog with the RC low recoil slugs. Warthog are famously tough, but even the low recoil slugs have worked well.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I can’t find a SKU on this add. Is this a Gen 1 or Gen 2.

And has anyone dealt with that company before?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I asked them before and they said everything they had was Gen 2.

I bought mine from them in Oct 2018. They're a reliable dealer. Several other people were buying Gen 1s from them about the same time.

When Gen 2s were first coming out AU was about the only place that still had Gen 1s. I paid $847 for mine, which is close to the current $899. The Gen 2s at the time were close to $1100 IIRC. Mine is kind of like a Gen 1.5- it's not threaded for chokes but has the Gen 2 bolt release.

The SKU on that webpage is J131T18LE. That's the same SKU as found on my receipt for my "Gen 1.5." It doesn't correspond to anything on the current Beretta site. Notice that your ad doesn't say anything about being threaded for chokes. It states the "List Price" is $1020, not $1275.

Don't let the "LE" in J131T18LE confuse you. It's not the LE version. Beretta's LE version is J131P18NLE. It has a pistol-grip stock and a mag extension for 6+1 capacity.

Beretta's current SKU for the Tactical version is J131T18C. MSRP is $1275.00.

The SKUs for the Comp are J131C14N and J131C11N, depending on barrel length.

I'd give them a call to confirm, but I suspect the gun listed is a new-old stock "Gen 1.5" like mine.

[QUOTE=Kosuke Kutsunugi;I target deer, bear and Japanese pheasant in hunting mainly.
    So, I attach shortscope and holosight for my 1301.
    what do you think the best optics for hunting.[/QUOTE]

What loads do you use for bear and hogs, slugs I'm guessing? What kid of distances? The Aimpoint micro reportedly holds up well on these guns. I would be interested to hear what optics you're using, what's working for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    What loads do you use for bear and hogs, slugs I'm guessing? What kid of distances? The Aimpoint micro reportedly holds up well on these guns. I would be interested to hear what optics you're using, what's working for you?

User Tag List