Page 553 of 678 FirstFirst ... 53453503543551552553554555563603653 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,530 of 6774

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
    She said that the 1301 tactical 7+1 should only be cleaned by the end user via a bore snake through the barrel and a drop of lube on the bolt.
    In all honestly, that would be plenty to keep the gun running for a long time.

Anything else that would require things like removing the barrel-bolt etc. for cleaning requires shipping back to Beretta and usually done at a yearly service. Any disassembly by an end user voids the warranty. I was specifically told to never remove the barrel, polymer mag cover, clamp etc.
    That would be a new one on me. It doesn't mean she's wrong, but it represents a change in the way they are at least describing things. I've sent handguns that I bought used back to Beretta before and had them serviced with no issues or questions.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboytim View Post
    I recall a YouTube video I saw some months back. The guy in it was a 3 gun competitor that had worn a deep gouge on the outside of the magazine tube where the piston rubbed it raw from so many thousands of rounds. He replaced the entire tube with a new one from Beretta to start fresh. As I recall, the tube is threaded into the receiver and is not that difficult to remove for something like this. I’ve searched YouTube and Google high and low, but cannot find it. Does anyone know either about this video or about how to remove and replace the factory mag tube? This is not for me, but a friend wants to replace the new version 7 round mag tube with a 5 rounder and the Nordic extension. I don’t recall why.
    Thanks in advance,
    Tim
    I just did the mag tube replacement last weekend. I couldn't get the 7rd tube out without damaging it, despite using heat. It wasnt hard to get out but it was tight for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    I just did the mag tube replacement last weekend. I couldn't get the 7rd tube out without damaging it, despite using heat. It wasnt hard to get out but it was tight for sure.
    Thanks Centerfire. So the tube is held in there with Loctite or similar adhesive? And did you have any issues with installing the new tube?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboytim View Post
    Thanks Centerfire. So the tube is held in there with Loctite or similar adhesive? And did you have any issues with installing the new tube?
    The tube is threaded in and has thread locking compound on it. However, it is screwed in more than hand tight. I couldn't squeeze the tube tight enough to get it to break free even after heating it to 240F with a heat gun. In the end I grabbed it with some Cobra channel locks close to the threads and it popped loose right before I thought it would crush flat. The new 5rd tube threaded in without any real effort and I used thread locker on it to keep it from coming out.

There is a video of a guy changing the mag tube on a Benelli M4 and he just twists the tube out by hand after heating it with a heat gun. That video didn't represent my gun, maybe you'll get lucky though.

The tube is threaded in and has thread locking compound on it. However, it is screwed in more than hand tight. I couldn't squeeze the tube tight enough to get it to break free even after heating it to 240F with a heat gun. In the end I grabbed it with some Cobra channel locks close to the threads and it popped loose right before I thought it would crush flat. The new 5rd tube threaded in without any real effort and I used thread locker on it to keep it from coming out.

There is a video of a guy changing the mag tube on a Benelli M4 and he just twists the tube out by hand after heating it with a heat gun. That video didn't represent my gun, maybe you'll get lucky though.
    Perfect. Thanks so much.
    Tim

Site Supporter

The mag tube threadlocker will require a torch because it's red. You'll have to detail strip the gun down and hit with a torch until you get smoke out of the threads. Heat gun will not get hot enough.

The M4 uses a Blue threadlocker IIRC, 1301 uses red.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    The mag tube threadlocker will require a torch because it's red. You'll have to detail strip the gun down and hit with a torch until you get smoke out of the threads. Heat gun will not get hot enough.

The M4 uses a Blue threadlocker IIRC, 1301 uses red.
    Given the material and coating, is it safe to assume removing the mag tube will be considered a consumable regardless of the process used?

Site Supporter
    Given the material and coating, is it safe to assume removing the mag tube will be considered a consumable regardless of the process used?
    No, I've reused mag tubes (ONLY cross gas piston mag tubes, not old style closed end) for Berettas for a decade. As long as the threads aren't buggered up and there is no damage to the metal it's fine in my experience. Now that being said, I have a delrin fixture for removing the mag tube. Basically a wood clamp lined with a delrin insert that puts pressure evenly around the mag tube and holds it in a vice. I twist the receiver as the tube is held in the fixture.

As for that 3 gunner who replaced the tube... I've seen FAR worse looking mag tubes in product validation and they worked fine. Not sure why he chose to do that *shrug*. It has a metal piston and op rod running on it, there will be wear on the surface coating. It's like a steel slide running on an alloy frame (Beretta 92, SIG P226, etc.), there will be a certain amount of wear but will continue to function fine for a long time. Just lube it.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

I brought mine to my LGS and he used his heat gun successfully.
    After sending off the receiver to have the port opened, I discovered they
    needed the tube also.
    Waiting impatiently for it to come home.
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    No, I've reused mag tubes (ONLY cross gas piston mag tubes, not old style closed end) for Berettas for a decade. As long as the threads aren't buggered up and there is no damage to the metal it's fine in my experience. Now that being said, I have a delrin fixture for removing the mag tube. Basically a wood clamp lined with a delrin insert that puts pressure evenly around the mag tube and holds it in a vice. I twist the receiver as the tube is held in the fixture.

As for that 3 gunner who replaced the tube... I've seen FAR worse looking mag tubes in product validation and they worked fine. Not sure why he chose to do that *shrug*. It has a metal piston and op rod running on it, there will be wear on the surface coating. It's like a steel slide running on an alloy frame (Beretta 92, SIG P226, etc.), there will be a certain amount of wear but will continue to function fine for a long time. Just lube it.
    Thank you for the information. Obviously I'm not a gunsmith or working on shotguns regularly. Saving the old tube wasn't a priority and they're pretty inexpensive so destroying the tube was acceptable though not preferred.

User Tag List