Page 549 of 678 FirstFirst ... 49449499539547548549550551559599649 ... LastLast
Results 5,481 to 5,490 of 6779

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

The Briley charging handle could be an upgrade if they redesigned the knob. Securing the threaded on knob to the shaft is pretty easy. I just felt like the knob was better suited to a bird or sporting clays gun, not a tactical shotgun.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I'm kind of down with a quality steel for the shaft and a lighter material for the bulky part that doesn't need the same material strength or wear resistance.

What would you rather see for the knob? Knurling?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I'm kind of down with a quality steel for the shaft and a lighter material for the bulky part that doesn't need the same material strength or wear resistance.

I think the Briley should have the same traction grooves going around the circumference of the handle. Just like the factory handle and the MCCG handle (https://www.customguns.co.uk/product...release-handle). I think the grooves work well to prevent your finger from slipping off laterally (left to right) when running the bolt, but still allows a level of comfort when pulling the bolt back. I think a heavily knurled bolt handle is going to pretty uncomfortable on bare skin when pulling the bolt back with force.

I mainly got the Briley for cosmetic reasons. I do like the steel shaft but I do have to loctite the aluminum head down.

anyone own or tried this?

I was eyeing this before the knurled Briley but black is always oos https://christiansencomponents.com/p...a-1301-xtrema/

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post

Larger OD and knurled.

Aridus Industries CROM

FYI

Brownell’s has the Aridus Industries Beretta 1301 Tactical/ Aimpoint Micro CROM with FULL Aperture Ghost Ring available and in stock for $90.

Optic mount

Someone posted this link in another 1301 thread:

https://rustynutsdesigns.com/product...le-optic-mount

Looks interesting, especially since they make one for the MRO. The price isn’t bad either. Has anyone heard of these guys before?

I'm happy to add to this thread. My Beretta is done. I can't think of anything else that it needs and more would actually diminish it.

Name:  Beretta 1301.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  44.7 KB

I did not intend to get a green one at first, but that is what I got. When I ordered it, the furniture was green and the shotgun was black. That wasn't what I received, but I kept it. For shooting, the OEM Beretta furniture is perfectly serviceable. I liked it and found it to have a perfect LOP. But I couldn't find a satisfactory way to mount a light and eventually, I went with the Aridus/Magpul Zhukov forend and Aridus/Magpul buttstock. Both work very well and I'm happy with it. I tried mounting a red dot on the stock pic rail, but it was too high to use comfortably without adding a cheek riser and it blocked the stock sights instead of co-witnessing. So I went on the long hunt for an Aridus CROM mount and the package clicked. The optic is a Holosun HS503CU with a circle-dot reticle. I went with the Holosun for a couple of reasons. The reticle has a 65MOA circle and a dot. At 25 yds, the circle is 16.25" in diameter. Out of a cylinder bore barrel, the standard 00 Buckshot spreads approximately 1" per yard of travel. Standard out of a Vang Comp barrel goes tighter than that (more later) and Federal Premium Flight Control does much better than 1"/yard. In other words, for effective buckshot ranges the circle in the reticle encompasses the spread of the shot. I still need to do some followup patterning, but so far, the shot pattern stays in the circle so I can be comfortable where that pattern is going to hit. The second big plus for the Holosun is the shake-awake feature. after 10 minutes without movement, the sight goes to sleep, but as soon as you grab it, it's on.

Surefire light on a piece of pic rail on the M-lok slot. No tape switch and it sits close to the barrel. It's also above the sling mount so the sling doesn't interfere or block the light. I chose not to go with the Aridus sidesaddle and got ESSTAC shell cards instead. The sling is a Blue Force Gear with QD swivels. Two mods that are not strictly necessary are the bolt handle and shell lifter. I picked up a Briley bolt handle that is a bit more robust than the factory Beretta. And I installed a competition lifter that stays up and can't grab your thumb when loading the magazine.

Two is one, one is none. So I needed a spare shotgun and tweaked my Remington 870 P. Some is necessary, some is cosmetic, but even the cosmetic is functional.

Name:  Wilson 870-1.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  48.1 KB

Years ago I sent the barrel off to Vang Comp to be ported and back bored. I'd done that to another 870 that I gave my son. Starting at the front I sent it off to Wilson and had them install their Trak-Lock front sight that co-witnesses with Aridus CROM. I don't have an optic on this gun (yet), but it's ready for it. I picked up the Surefire forend and upgraded it with a Malkoff head and body. A bit brighter than the original. You can't really see it with the sling, but after much research, I got a GG&G QD sling mount. The actual QD part is over the magazine extension as nothing can clear the Surefire if you mount it to the rear. Same sling as the 1301. I like good slings, but I don't want to shell out the money for individual slings on every long gun. Since I find it highly unlikely that I would ever be carrying two long guns with slings at the same time, I prefer to use compatible mounts so I can just move the sling from gun to gun as desired. I also had them Cerakote the gun because I'm planning on moving somewhere with a lot more humidity than Nevada and I wanted the corrosion protection. Because I like the black and green cosmetics, I went with green. The 870 is fairly simple. Same shell cards, Magpul stock (in part because I used to rap my lip with thumb because I had it wrapped around the wrist. Doesn't do that with the Magpul. And commonality again. Not that it matters, but the safety is Vang's big dome safety.

Name:  Wilson 870, Beretta 1301.jpg
Views: 1383
Size:  44.4 KB

As you can see, they are almost identical in size. Because the Beretta's receiver is a little shorter, the magazine tube is longer and consequently, it holds one more round. It's also lighter than the Remington.

Now I need to go take a class at Gunsite.

MGW has C59948 back in stock.

Site Supporter

Shotgun cards

I'm gathering the necessary parts and pieces for my new 1301T. As between the cards by Vang https://www.vangcomp.com/product/spa...ition-carrier/ and Esstac https://esstac.com/shotgun/, what's your preference and why? 4, 5, 6, or 7 rounds? Thanks!

User Tag List