Page 548 of 675 FirstFirst ... 48448498538546547548549550558598648 ... LastLast
Results 5,471 to 5,480 of 6745

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Does the UK one sell ex-VAT? That would offset a lot of the shipping. And by hoping there will be a US one, are you hearing rumors or is it a wish? Thanks!
    I have no idea. I paid a decent amount for the UK manufactured one but I didn't poke into the exact pricing details.

As for a US manufactured one...it's more than a wish.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I have no idea. I paid a decent amount for the UK manufactured one but I didn't poke into the exact pricing details.

I’ll sit tight for now, then.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Does the UK one sell ex-VAT? That would offset a lot of the shipping. And by hoping there will be a US one, are you hearing rumors or is it a wish? Thanks!
    No VAT.

Sadly, no...that one isn't good either.

It's not rotation, it's the fact that none of them have the key-like lobe at the end that actually holds the bolt release in the bolt. That allows the bolt handle to just pop right out the instant you do anything forceful with it, which is no bueno.

The only aftermarket bolt handle I've found that has the correct geometry to keep it in place is the titanium one I've posted about previously in this thread from the UK.

That's the one. Their handle for the 1301 stays put and that's what I have on my home defense gun.

I am hoping there will soon be a one piece bolt handle with the correct geometry made in the USA...but I don't exactly know what "soon" means.
    I'll have to take your word for it, I avoided all of the options without the keyed detail. I have the Ti charging handle. I would prefer it were larger in diameter and knurled but it works just fine as is.

Sadly, no...that one isn't good either.

It's not rotation, it's the fact that none of them have the key-like lobe at the end that actually holds the bolt release in the bolt. That allows the bolt handle to just pop right out the instant you do anything forceful with it, which is no bueno.

The only aftermarket bolt handle I've found that has the correct geometry to keep it in place is the titanium one I've posted about previously in this thread from the UK.

That's the one. Their handle for the 1301 stays put and that's what I have on my home defense gun.

I am hoping there will soon be a one piece bolt handle with the correct geometry made in the USA...but I don't exactly know what "soon" means.
    What about the one Briley offers? It has the key lobe and I'm pretty confident it's made in the USA. I can pick up my 1301 using only the charging handle and shake it... It's not coming out as far as I can tell.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Well, since LTT has taken over the product that launched the SOON(TM) meme around here, I'm going to write LTT on a mat and jump to it.

Also interested in an explanation of why the Briley handle wouldn't be good, as buying from them supports a local business. And it costs less.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I own a Briley and can confirm that it LOCKS IN PLACE! It has all the cuts, nubs, channels, etc as the factory piece and must be installed with the same procedure. It is made of 2 pieces though, unlike the one piece titanium ones shown earlier. The shaft is steel and the exposed handle portion is aluminum, threaded onto the shaft. I haven’t tried to take it apart, but I’m sure it can’t be done without tools and some heat. In other words, it won’t come apart under normal usage.

I don’t know about the 1301’s, but for Benelli’s, the rotating/non-rotation thing is debatable. My department fielded M1’s since 1998 and they were all equipped with GGG rotating handles. There was never a reported case of the handle falling out in the field or during training sessions. We were even taught that the PULL OUT feature could be used to disable the gun in case of emergency. The gun could not be cycled easily if you simply removed the handle.

And BTW, I contacted Freedom Fighter Tactical a while back to see if they offered any of their custom parts, including their titanium charging, for the 1301. They said they have some things in the works, but didn’t get any more specific…

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    I own a Briley and can confirm that it LOCKS IN PLACE! It has all the cuts, nubs, channels, etc as the factory piece and must be installed with the same procedure. It is made of 2 pieces though, unlike the one piece titanium ones shown earlier. The shaft is steel and the exposed handle portion is aluminum, threaded onto the shaft. I haven’t tried to take it apart, but I’m sure it can’t be done without tools and some heat. In other words, it won’t come apart under normal usage.

I don’t know about the 1301’s, but for Benelli’s, the rotating/non-rotation thing is debatable. My department fielded M1’s since 1998 and they were all equipped with GGG rotating handles. There was never a reported case of the handle falling out in the field or during training sessions. We were even taught that the PULL OUT feature could be used to disable the gun in case of emergency. The gun could not be cycled easily if you simply removed the handle.
    I can unscrew the aluminum head on my briley with finger pressure. I loctited it down before shooting it at the range

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    What about the one Briley offers? It has the key lobe and I'm pretty confident it's made in the USA. I can pick up my 1301 using only the charging handle and shake it... It's not coming out as far as I can tell.

I was referring specifically to one piece designs. The Briley is made of multiple components and isn't much of an upgrade over the factory handle, IMO.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List