Page 354 of 356 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356 LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 3551

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

  1. #3531
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    From the Airdus FAQ page:



    Counts me out for it, then - I turned in my old .gov email when I took early medical retirement a few years ago, and I was only semi sworn anyways. I’ll get things ordered when I’m back home next week.
    Ken

  2. #3532
    Old man yelling at cloud OlongJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    So yeah, I would say you probably have the flat top Nordic follower that can cause that type of jam on the last round.
    If you haven't yet, go up to post #3413 and start reading (it goes on for a while)... I describe the issue and have now resolved it. Basically you need some type of Domed Follower to push the shell past the lip of the chamber... My guess is that any of them will fix the issue if it's domed or has a reduced diameter at the head the way the factory follower does.
    I looked at my gun, and the machined edges are fairly crisp in that area. It's on my list to get in there and break the edge that's catching the end of the shell so it will slide smoothly, no matter what. Haven't gotten around to it yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Is this the recommended replacement follower?

    https://freedomfightertactical.com/p...m4-shotgun-red
    Read starting at post #3413 again. I linked to several additional options.

    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    That one, or this one: https://shop.carriercomp.com/product.sc?productId=14

    Or the Domed version from Nordic but nobody knows how to purchase that version.
    Again, I'm pretty sure it was all discussed earlier. Nordic makes both, sells both. LTT got a domed one and said they'd test it and decide what to use going forward. If you have a flat Nordic follower and are having the jam issue, it's worth a call to either Nordic or LTT (if you have the LTT package gun) to see if they can help you get squared away.

    I got my follower direct from Nordic several years ago, and it happens to be the domed version.
    .
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

  3. #3533
    Member GearFondler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Southeast Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Again, I'm pretty sure it was all discussed earlier. Nordic makes both, sells both. LTT got a domed one and said they'd test it and decide what to use going forward. If you have a flat Nordic follower and are having the jam issue, it's worth a call to either Nordic or LTT (if you have the LTT package gun) to see if they can help you get squared away.

    I got my follower direct from Nordic several years ago, and it happens to be the domed version.
    I don't doubt that you bought yours directly from Nordic but things seemed to have changed in the meantime. If you go to their website you will see that despite listing prices for everything there is not any option set up to actually purchase said items.
    However, there is a very clear statement that shows up on the Full Site version (but not the mobile version) that says they do not sell direct to anyone and everything must be purchased through retailers.
    Additionally, the Domed Follower is not listed on their site... Yes, apparently they still offer it as Mr Langdon received one, but that doesn't help the rest of us to procure one.
    So once again, I'm sure it's a great solution but until someone on here can tell me how they actually acquired one recently I'm calling it a dead end.





  4. #3534
    Freedom follower slightly more protrusion (pic not great, due to the Nordic follower being tilted up in the pic). Maybe that will help. But when I press the shell release the new round shoots all the way back and seems retained at the rear of the lifter, so the follower shouldn't matter?

    I did clean and lube the gun for the first time...

    Name:  IMG_5499.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  51.8 KB

  5. #3535
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Music City USA

    SBS

    I've found only one brief mention of Form 1 in this thread, so I'm throwing this out there for elaboration: Has anyone successfully done an SBS mod on a 1301? Elsewhere I've seen speculation that it might be possible with just shortening the barrel and without any gas system work, but nobody seems to know for sure. I may be having a spare 1301 barrel come into my possession, and if an SBS conversion is an easy process, I'm going to try it. Thoughts?

  6. #3536
    1301 with the Freedom follower (and gun cleaned/lubed for the first time) ran great today. 30 of the reduced recoil slugger followed by three Federal TruBall (yikes). No hint of a problem.

    Going forward I may elect to not treat the 1301 like my lawnmower or Glocks, and actually clean and lube it after range trips.

  7. #3537
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Freedom follower slightly more protrusion (pic not great, due to the Nordic follower being tilted up in the pic). Maybe that will help. But when I press the shell release the new round shoots all the way back and seems retained at the rear of the lifter, so the follower shouldn't matter?

    I did clean and lube the gun for the first time...

    Name:  IMG_5499.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  51.8 KB
    Great to hear your gun is running in top shape, Vandal.

    Now someone correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding of the whole “follower sticking out versus flat” thing is in regards to port loading of an empty gun. The flat face of the Nordic follower allows for a shell dropped through the open port of an empty gun whose bolt is held open from the last shot and whose magazine and chamber are both empty, can be stuck with the forward part of the shell wedged against the flat face of the follower and some portion of the lifter (or something else in the back of the receiver). This situation will not allow the bolt to be released. It requires a manual manipulation of the lifter or bolt handle to free the stuck shell. Thus, the follower with a “nose” on it, that somewhat sticks into the receiver a bit, keeps the port loaded shell from becoming wedged as described.

    I have a flat faced Nordic follower in my 1301’s magazine too. My last range trip involved a timed 5X5 drill, where I loaded 5 rounds, started the timer, fired the 5 loaded rounds, and then port loaded singly each of an available 5 more rounds, shot each at the targets in sequence, loaded a 6th round and stopped the timer. My five, 5” targets were set at 10 yards. I did three or four of these drills and had one of my port loaded singles jam as previously described.

    I am waiting for the arrival of a Carrier Comp, Benelli M4 follower as a replacement, this weekend. Am I understanding this correctly, or am I all wet??? 😳

  8. #3538
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Music City USA

    Barrels for sale?

    Does anyone know of a source for 1301 barrels besides Beretta and MGW? Those prices....

  9. #3539
    Member GearFondler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Southeast Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyboytim View Post
    Great to hear your gun is running in top shape, Vandal.

    Now someone correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding of the whole “follower sticking out versus flat” thing is in regards to port loading of an empty gun. The flat face of the Nordic follower allows for a shell dropped through the open port of an empty gun whose bolt is held open from the last shot and whose magazine and chamber are both empty, can be stuck with the forward part of the shell wedged against the flat face of the follower and some portion of the lifter (or something else in the back of the receiver). This situation will not allow the bolt to be released. It requires a manual manipulation of the lifter or bolt handle to free the stuck shell. Thus, the follower with a “nose” on it, that somewhat sticks into the receiver a bit, keeps the port loaded shell from becoming wedged as described.

    I have a flat faced Nordic follower in my 1301’s magazine too. My last range trip involved a timed 5X5 drill, where I loaded 5 rounds, started the timer, fired the 5 loaded rounds, and then port loaded singly each of an available 5 more rounds, shot each at the targets in sequence, loaded a 6th round and stopped the timer. My five, 5” targets were set at 10 yards. I did three or four of these drills and had one of my port loaded singles jam as previously described.

    I am waiting for the arrival of a Carrier Comp, Benelli M4 follower as a replacement, this weekend. Am I understanding this correctly, or am I all wet??? [emoji15]
    You got it one... For clarification, it's the lip/shelf/ledge part of the receiver between the barrel and the magazine tube that the shell can jam against if using the flat follower. The domed/raised followers prevent this from occurring by shielding that lip.
    And as Vandal discovered, the jam can also occur on the final round in the tube under the proper circumstances, in his case it being low recoil slugs... Again, fixed with a raised follower.

  10. #3540
    I think this has been discussed in this thread, possibly even by me, but with 250+ pages, I can't find it now.

    Best way to mount a white light without the Magpul forend? 870 Tube mount plus a pistol light?

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •