Page 329 of 675 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379429 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 6746

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

I have been using the Vang product for over ten years. They are on multiple of my 14 inch 870 shotguns that have banged around boats and planes in Alaska. I believe the design was inspired by Bill Jeans, now retired, of Morrigan Consulting. Bill was formerly head of Gunsite, under Jeff, before branching out onto his own as ownership changed there. I always put Velcro on the shotgun and stuck them to that. Particularly well suited to an inertial Benelli that doesn’t always do well with things bolted to the receiver.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

This is the Vang holder, carrying extra Brenneke slugs.

Name:  EA24F66A-BBD5-4430-A331-2AEB0949E66A.jpg
Views: 1224
Size:  70.7 KB

And on a Benelli.

Name:  07DFDA3C-C072-4E87-B286-005A09451A0B.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  53.5 KB

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I attach mine by degreasing the receiver of my gun and laying down industrial strength velcro as shown in the photo above. This works just fine. And it, too, is cheap.
    This stuff?

https://www.amazon.com/VELCRO-Brand-...dp/B00006IC2T/
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    That’s what I used. It’s held up well for a few years. I haven’t had to replace it yet.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

Or do you just buy this guy, some industrial strength 1.5-2" wide velcro, and stick the velcro directly to the gun?
    https://vangcomp.com/product/vcs-det...extra-carrier/
    Buy that one, buy the industrial strength velcro. Attach velcro directly to receiver of the gun, then just slap the carrier on there.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    That's what I've bought. I usually buy it in the bigger rolls, though. But most folks aren't putting side saddles on people's shotguns in classes. Nor do they own an indecent number of shotguns that needed to have the ability to receive a side saddle.
    3/15/2016

Vang's side saddles are made for them by Wilderness Tactical. I'm reasonably certain Wilderness Tactical made the long defunct 3GunGear side saddles as well, but I can't prove it.

It is notable because Wilderness also makes a shell belt with the same loops:

https://www.thewilderness.com/shotgu...uty-shell-belt

It's useful for hunting, for use in class (Use the belt to feed the side saddle...keep your reps as close to what you'll be using in the real world as you can), or for having a supply of ammo that's ready to roll should you need to go mobile with your shotgun.
    3/15/2016

Buy that one, buy the industrial strength velcro. Attach velcro directly to receiver of the gun, then just slap the carrier on there.
    Vang's side saddles are made for them by Wilderness Tactical. I'm reasonably certain Wilderness Tactical made the long defunct 3GunGear side saddles as well, but I can't prove it.
    that's good to know. I have a similar product stuck to the side of my 870 but I have no idea who made it and it's not labeled.

In the “blast from the past” category, I found this picture with my TX-4, now owned by Darryl, with the Vang shell holder, taken in July 2012 somewhere out on the tundra.

Name:  4BD89794-570C-4C65-9024-98E0A7D2E50C.jpeg
Views: 1714
Size:  90.0 KB

Name:  2806E31D-6137-4201-A555-7CB95D753799.jpg
Views: 1751
Size:  72.1 KB

Unity Tactical Hot Button worked as planned with Aridus/Magpul forend. Modlite PHL with Arisaka mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Tag List