Page 422 of 675 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424432472522 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DAF69 View Post
    You have any issues with the exhaust gasses?

(please note, the 1301 Tactical has a shortened gas system and will bleed gas through the M-Lok slots.)..............from the Briley website.
    I've put a few hundred shells through mine without noticing any sort of issue.
    3/15/2016

Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by DAF69 View Post
    You have any issues with the exhaust gasses?

(please note, the 1301 Tactical has a shortened gas system and will bleed gas through the M-Lok slots.)..............from the Briley website.
    None. I have BCM panels installed.

As to aridus being a one man shop, I get it. I’ve worked in places that are backed up to hell. I’m backed up 3-4 months on my current work with more coming in. However his attitude torwards customers as shown on his facebook is less than professional. That seems to be the norm in a lot of the firearms industry though.

I’m not saying not to buy his products. They’re great. It’s just in this instance he lost a sale (not that it matters for his business).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I'll take issue with that.

The company has taken great efforts to try and deal with demand exceeding supply, including spending truly stunning amounts of money to increase production capacity. Orders are getting filled as fast as possible and expansion is underway to get as much production as possible. And all of that has had to happen around the enormous supply chain consequences of COVID, let's not forget, causing supply issues for practically every industry and every large corporation in the world. Much moreso for small businesses.

There is absolutely no way the one man shop manufacturing these products can pay the proper attention necessary to the manufacture of the parts, the expansion of the business, source the requisite materials, program and maintain the machines, install the new machines he's bringing online, AND spend Lord knows how many hours a day trying to take some sort of action against people on Ebay selling the one they bought for $500 bucks...not that he has any ability to do anything about it in the first place as it's their property to do with as they will.

Scalpers are not buying these items a couple of dozen at a time from Aridus and reselling them on Ebay. Volume purchasers are going to be outfits like Brownells, Langdon Tactical, Beretta, etc...and those were all contracts and orders made prior to the world going insane.

The 1301 itself is in such high demand that one of the largest firearms companies in the world with a global manufacturing empire can't keep up with demand due to market conditions.

People are rediscovering the utility of a defensive shotgun and there are a few crazy dudes out there who know a little bit about defensive shotguns telling people that the 1301 is the closest thing to a Glock 19 you are going to find for a shotgun and it's apparently gotten noticed. I know of four decent sized police departments in the process of buying 1301T shotguns because they want to replace their 870's but Remington is still fucked so they're using the opportunity to upgrade.

I've got about half a dozen people a week asking me to point them towards the best deal on a 1301 because they've just now decided they'd like to get into one after having heard me and others discuss them for literally years. Beretta isn't sitting around twiddling their thumbs...they're confronted with global supply and production issues that they are trying to navigate to get product on the shelves in circumstances where somebody who can't drive a boat can set back global shipping for months.

So throw rocks if you want, but it's about as sensible as complaining that Aridus hasn't worked out cold fusion or a cure for cancer yet.

From watching too much Forgotten Weapons on YouTube, I've discovered that many firearm manufacturers who've won a particular large contract would license and subcontract to a manufacturer who had the capacity to meet the demand using their specs. It's strange to me that the owner has purchased more machines in an attempt to meet scale and remain a "one man shop" rather than taking the licensing approach WHILE ramping up his own manufacturing capacity.

I'm likely going to purchase the Briley handguard, but I'd like to get my hands on the Aridus red dot mount and stock adapter down the road. It's seriously not a priority for me right now. I'm squarely in the I'll buy it next year crowd. I'm just thankful that Aridus and his products exist while at the same time confused about why better moves haven't been made to scale. Maybe a trip to Shark Tank is in order.

/.02 from a non-business owning worker bee
    "Follow me!"

Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    From watching too much Forgotten Weapons on YouTube, I've discovered that many firearm manufacturers who've won a particular large contract would license and subcontract to a manufacturer who had the capacity to meet the demand using their specs. It's strange to me that the owner has purchased more machines in an attempt to meet scale and remain a "one man shop" rather than taking the licensing approach WHILE ramping up his own manufacturing capacity.

I'm likely going to purchase the Briley handguard, but I'd like to get my hands on the Aridus red dot mount and stock adapter down the road. It's seriously not a priority for me right now. I'm squarely in the I'll buy it next year crowd. I'm just thankful that Aridus and his products exist while at the same time confused about why better moves haven't been made to scale. Maybe a trip to Shark Tank is in order.

/.02 from a non-business owning worker bee
    A little bit of a thread derail here but there are benefits to going both ways. Contracting out comes with a huge set of risks and other logistical nightmares. Look at the saga of “the gadget” to see what contracting out involves.
    The owner of aridus clearly cares about the quality of his products and has chosen to keep everything as “in house” as possible.

Being at his size, his business model really should be closer to that of a custom shop than a retail operation, for now. But it’s his business to run as he thinks best both financially and reputation-wise, and I wish him the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Briley handguard looks great! I'd have bought one already if it was so expensive. Not saying it's not worth it but it's a lot of extra on top of a shotgun that was not cheap to begin with. IMO it's a better option than the Zhukov version as it offers more mounting options for stuff light lights and pressure switches.
    I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. - Richard Feynman
    When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist.- Archbishop Helder Câmara

Back on topic.

I had a chance to shoot the 1301T at a friend's house for the first time since changing the charging handle and installing the Briley extended IC choke. Shooting the same Turkish Spartan brand ammo and Winchester "Mil-spec" 00 12GA ammo it cycled just fine. I expected it would but I like to confirm these things.

My friend has some various bird loads that I've never shot through the 1301 and HOLY COW those things recoiled way more than any of the 12GA 00 buck. I looked at the shells and they were 2 3/4, dark red, and there was a bird on the shell (maybe Federal). He no longer had the ammo box to confirm exactly what they were. I suspect they were steel shot. I was curious if any of you have had similar experience with shooting bird shot? My expectation was that bird shot would be light recoiling.
    "Follow me!"

Back on topic.

I had a chance to shoot the 1301T at a friend's house for the first time since changing the charging handle and installing the Briley extended IC choke. Shooting the same Turkish Spartan brand ammo and Winchester "Mil-spec" 00 12GA ammo it cycled just fine. I expected it would but I like to confirm these things.

My friend has some various bird loads that I've never shot through the 1301 and HOLY COW those things recoiled way more than any of the 12GA 00 buck. I looked at the shells and they were 2 3/4, dark red, and there was a bird on the shell (maybe Federal). He no longer had the ammo box to confirm exactly what they were. I suspect they were steel shot. I was curious if any of you have had similar experience with shooting bird shot? My expectation was that bird shot would be light recoiling.
    "Bird shot" encompasses a wide range of shot sizes, payload weights, and powder charges. Most people think of light-loaded 7-1/2 skeet loads when they hear the term, but hot pheasant loads with larger pellets and a lot more ass behind them also qualify.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Back on topic.

IME "turkey loads" tend to kick like hell. Maybe that's what you got. not sure I've ever seen a 2&3/4in shell but that doesn't mean they don't exist.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Back on topic.

Sure that was a bird and not a velociraptor?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Shot loads can be everything from mouse fart loads intended to make a day of busting clays comfortable to fire-breathing screamers designed to hit geese flying high over empty fields or kill turkeys at distances considered well past typical shotgun range. You have to determine what sort of shot you are dealing with. The simple method is to examine payload weight and either the powder charge or velocity. For example:

https://www.federalpremium.com/shots...-GMT113+8.html

This Federal gold medal load intended for shooting sporting clays shoots a 1 ounce payload of #8 shot at 1180 FPS. This would be an exceptionally mild shot load mainly intended for use in break-action shotguns.

https://www.federalpremium.com/shots...PBIX137+3.html

This is a 1 3/8 oz. #3 shot payload at 1450 FPS. This would be a pretty stout load meant to reach out and get birds flying high.

If you look at the weight of the payload and the velocity, you get a good idea of what the recoil will be like. 1 ounce is roughly standard payload for a 12 gauge. 1200-1300 FPS is about standard velocity.

A 7/8 ounce payload at 1,300 FPS will be a mild load.
    A 1 ounce load at 1,100 will be a mild load.
    A 1 ounce load at 1,600 FPS is about maximum 2 3/4" payload and will be stout.
    A 1 1/8 ounce load at 1,200-1,300 will be pretty stout.
    A 1 3/8 ounce load at 1,450-1,500 FPS will be magnum territory payload and will be stout.

Etc.

While it's not a formal formula, you can think of it in terms of

Payload x Velocity = Felt Recoil

An ounce of lead being pushed at 1,100 FPS is using less powder than the same ounce of lead being pushed at 1,300 FPS. Meaning the equal and opposite reaction at the other end will be lesser, too.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List