Page 321 of 678 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371421 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 6778

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Gen 2 bolt release

For anyone wondering, yes the Gen 2 bolt release button and latch fit the original 1301 comp with no gunsmith work. It's kind of tricky to put in without marking up the receiver, but I managed to not put a single scratch on it. There is a plastic cover that goes over the lever, but I screwed mine up trying to take it off. I wanted to make sure that the original latch sat the same way this one did. Almost like it better without the plastic cover. It's all steel. Got the parts from Midwest gun works. Part #C8D464 for the button and latch assembly, #C5H273 for the plastic cover. You could probably get away with just replacing the button itself #C5G371 with the cover. I just wanted a solution that didn't rattle around like the bolt release shrouds. Also, no screws to back out as it's one piece.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    I wouldn't worry about the carbon buildup much, but if your inner OCD kicks in, I've had good luck soaking carbon encrusted parts in Slip 2000 Carbon Killer.
    I’m pretty certain that my LAZY will kick in before my OCD does... and thanks... 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanweis777 View Post
    For anyone wondering, yes the Gen 2 bolt release button and latch fit the original 1301 comp with no gunsmith work. It's kind of tricky to put in without marking up the receiver, but I managed to not put a single scratch on it. There is a plastic cover that goes over the lever, but I screwed mine up trying to take it off. I wanted to make sure that the original latch sat the same way this one did. Almost like it better without the plastic cover. It's all steel. Got the parts from Midwest gun works. Part #C8D464 for the button and latch assembly, #C5H273 for the plastic cover. You could probably get away with just replacing the button itself #C5G371 with the cover. I just wanted a solution that didn't rattle around like the bolt release shrouds. Also, no screws to back out as it's one piece.
    Do you know if this works on a Gen 1 1301 tactical? I remember asking Beretta, and they said you cannot retrofit the gen 1 with the gen 2 release. Maybe that's just because they don't want customers to disassemble the gun that far. Maybe @e_stern can give a definitive answer?

This specific one probably won't because it's for the 3.5" receiver. You could probably buy just the botton itself (included part number) and swap it onto the latch you have.

Follower Follow Up

As if we need more follower info, I received my Benelli M2/4 follower and have installed it. I have yet to experiment with it, but I’m sure any port loading issues will be resolved by it.

Of note, are the wear marks on the edge of the Nordic follower I’ve been using for quite some time. Also, note that the Benelli follower is lighter than the Nordic. In fact, it’s one of the lightest followers I’ve ever weighed.

One step closer to completing the 21" 1301 gen 2 competition tactical. I guess that's what I'll call it haha. Building to bridge the gap between a fighting shotgun and a sporting shotgun. Do everything build. Added the +2 Nordic extension. Opted for the +2 to keep the overall length down. +3 would have added an inch. Just waiting for aridus to have parts back in stock. Name:  0221201630.jpg
Views: 1724
Size:  29.6 KB

Hey guys,
    I joined this forum JUST because of this thread lol
    Have a nice OD 1301 Tactical I am waiting on an Aridus forearm for.
    I read through most of this thread and after others mentioned the loading issue with the Nordic follower, I tried it for myself and sure enough - it will lock up, that is for sure. So I am on the hunt for a follower that has the protrusion that that prevents the issue.
    I know Nordic has the right one, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
    Has anyone ever used a Dave's metal works follower?
    Saw it on Midway, so I am curious.
    http://davesmetalworks.com/shotgun.html

Can’t get enough follower stuff??? 😳

One of our illustrious forum members PM’d me with a question about diameter of the Benelli M4 follower I purchased from Carrier Comp. Since my picture posting to forum PM’s remains in the rookie stage, I am posting them here, along with my answer to his questions:

To answer your questions, I took out the new M4 follower and since I don’t have an accurate enough caliper gauge, I just held the M4 and the Nordic followers with the factory original and with each other. Since I can’t figure out how to post the pictures I took to a PM, I will post them on the 1301 thread, so check there in a few minutes.

Bottom line is that the M4 follower is ever so slightly smaller in diameter than the factory and the Nordic, which both seem to be the same diameter. All the followers enter the mag tube about the same, and all are smooth as silk sliding down the tube. Notice the bevel on the spring end of the Nordic and M4 followers. The bevel on the M4 is longer and more tapered. I like that for being able to pass through the juncture of the mag extension and the magazine tube as rounds are loaded. I also put each follower in and checked loading and unloading the magazine tube to full. I used dummy rounds for this. Each holds 7 rounds in the mag. However, I noticed that the M4 follower’s “nose” fits into the front of the shell, crimp or slug, and helps to guide that first shell into the magazine more easily than either the factory or Nordic follower.

Fortunately for me, I had the Nordic from my 11/87, which itself now has the SBE follower. I’ve found that 12 gauge followers are all about the same diameter. That makes sense since 12 gauge shells are all about the same diameter. I have a ton of followers sitting around. I think I’m a follower Nazi.

That said, I’m happy that I bought the M4 follower. I think you will be too. 🤓👍

That is perfect, thanks!

My Langdon 1301 only takes six 2.75 rounds. To get the seventh in, I really need to force it the last bit, and it then doesn’t want to release from the tube. I pulled the spring and follower, reinstalled them, with no change. Thoughts?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List