Page 560 of 680 FirstFirst ... 60460510550558559560561562570610660 ... LastLast
Results 5,591 to 5,600 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Just to clarify my previous post, I thought I’d post pics to better explain the lifter thing. I have the Pro Lifter installed now, but I don’t know if this applies to the regular lifter as well.

This pic shows the bolt pull back by hand without the trigger being pressed before… you can see the lifter remaining in the up position cradling the round and slightly blocking it from ejecting. This can be overcome by racking the bolt hard.
    Attachment 89304

This pic shows if there was a round in the chamber and the trigger was pulled, or the shell release button pressed, and the bolt pulled back by hand. The lifter has dropped to retrieve the new shell and there is nothing blocking the chambered shell from ejecting.
    Attachment 89305

I also tried slug shell replacement as WYOMING SHOOTER suggested and it can be done with the Pro Lifter. Just be advised that the lifter will be in the UP position if the trigger isn’t pulled. This means that the NEW shell must be slightly pushed into the chamber to overcome the minimal spring pressure of the lifter. The shell can’t simply be dropped in. The next pics shot the lifter position with the trigger not pressed
    Attachment 89307
    I have the pro-lifter installed as well. I just took a shogun class with @Bruce Cartwright over the weekend to familiarize myself with this shotgun. We did many reps of loading and unloading and I found the pro-lifter to be a nonissue. This was my first time doing real training with a auto loading shotgun and I found the repetitions in class to be invaluable.

I took a short video of unloading and select slugging… https://imgur.com/a/CfkQOZ4
    Last edited by Risto; 05-25-2022 at 12:36 PM.

1301T Pro Lifter back in stock: https://www.beretta.com/en-us//colle...otifyId=396353

This is another restock.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns&Guitars View Post
    Just finished a 4-day private class; 2 days of handgun, 2 days of shotgun.

There were 9 of us in our group, 3 of us had 1301's, the rest had either Mossberg or Remington pumps of various flavors. My backup was my 590A1 with the factory ghost rings.

My 1301 Tactical is the 3rd Gen that has the 7 round mag tube from the factory, has an Aridus CROM with a Holosun 407C X2, installed the pro lifter and Magpul stock (Aridus adapter) with a Limbsaver recoil pad that I mounted using the Remington adapter made for the Magpul stock.

The shotgun ran flawlessly. I zeroed the shotgun in before class with Federal Power Shok rifled slugs (1,610 ft/sec) slugs at 50 yards. Ended up using Fiocchi Low Recoil rifled slugs for the class (around 1,300 ft/sec). Zeroed our shotguns on the morning of day 1 and was still hitting dead center at 35 and 50 yards from prone, kneeling and standing without having to adjust the red dot.

The red dot was like cheating. Was very easy to hit an 8 inch plate at 50 yards. We did a drill where we were timed port loading from a pocket/shell bag or side saddle and getting a shot off and hitting that 8 inch plate at 50 yards and I had the fastest time. This shotgun was such a pleasure to shoot and is so accurate. The combination of the red dot and the pro lifter meant I was usually the fastest reloading and getting accurate shots off on target. The oversized bolt release also was an advantage when port loading and during select slug drills. Having the lifter stay in the up position was a really nice feature when loading the mag tube.

The one issue I did have was with the CROM mounting screws backing out. This was despite following Aridus' instructions to the letter and watching their video on mounting the CROM to the 1301. I read about this being an issue, so I put witness marks on the mounting screws and two of them backed out a bit (evidenced by the witness marks no longer lining up). Tightened them back down and they were fine until the next day, where they began to back out again. Also, the set screws for the rear iron sight on the CROM also came loose on day 2. The Holosun mounted to the CROM stayed secure and those screws never loosened. I emailed Aridus letting them know and asking if it would be better to use red LocTite instead of the VibraTite that came with the CROM, but haven't heard back from Aridus. I will most likely switch to red LocTite for the mounting screws and blue LocTite for the set screws for the rear sight.

All in all, this is an AMAZING shotgun. I did shoot my 590A1 for a bit just to get some rounds through it. It's a bit heavier than the 1301 (20", double-walled barrel) so it shoots just a little softer than the 1301, but after 2 days and a lot of shooting the 1301was still very comfortable to shoot. If you mount the shotgun properly and have correct technique you should have problems with any shotgun. I also ended up getting rid of the low riser I had on the Magpul stock during day 1 because I apparently been mounting the shotgun too low on my shoulder. Even with the CROM I didn't need any risers on the Magpul stock, which means I could have probably used the OEM stock, but the Magpul stock is nice because you can attach a sling via QD on the right side of the shotgun (ejection port side) which allows the gun to sit flush against your body when slung, which you do a fair bit of when in a class.

As for your CROM coming loose, have you tried bedding your mounting plate? I haven’t tried this technique on a long gun yet but it worked wonders on my STI pistol where the mounting plate for my Trijicon SRO kept coming loose after every several hundred rounds.

Someone on this site recommended using an industrial grade rubber cement called E6000 to bed the plate. E6000 can be found at most hardware stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    As for your CROM coming loose, have you tried bedding your mounting plate? I haven’t tried this technique on a long gun yet but it worked wonders on my STI pistol where the mounting plate for my Trijicon SRO kept coming loose after every several hundred rounds.

Someone on this site recommended using an industrial grade rubber cement called E6000 to bed the plate. E6000 can be found at most hardware stores.
    The real fix would be to pin the rail like you'd see on a bolt action rifle. I'm surprised Beretta and Benelli don't do it from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    The real fix would be to pin the rail like you'd see on a bolt action rifle. I'm surprised Beretta and Benelli don't do it from the factory.
    There is no rail. You remove the stock rail to mount the CROM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns&Guitars View Post
    There is no rail. You remove the stock rail to mount the CROM.
    The gun shipped with a rail and the rails ge loose too. Same issue. Beretta should have pinned the receiver.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    The factory rail I've seen loosen did so because the garbage screws Beretta used to attach it broke. There's a post somewhere in this thread about finding higher quality screws that fit the factory rail.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

quick question on slugs. if this was already mentioned in a previous post, I did a search and did not locate any info.

I have access to these slugs pic below.

does anyone see any issues using these in the 1301Tactical?

maybe long term use might cause extended wear?

It does say for smoothbore, so maybe a choke change. Suggestions if they are acceptable?

While the box is marked deer, it also said for home defense.

I must admit my shotty knowledge has been limited to 870 and defense with 00 buck/slug for 30 years.

if you think these rounds are not good for the 1301, I am ok with not using them.

thanks in advance

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    quick question on slugs. if this was already mentioned in a previous post, I did a search and did not locate any info.

I have access to these slugs pic below.

does anyone see any issues using these in the 1301Tactical?

maybe long term use might cause extended wear?

It does say for smoothbore, so maybe a choke change. Suggestions if they are acceptable?

While the box is marked deer, it also said for home defense.

I must admit my shotty knowledge has been limited to 870 and defense with 00 buck/slug for 30 years.

if you think these rounds are not good for the 1301, I am ok with not using them.

thanks in advance

The shotgun doesn't know what the box says or what you're using the slugs for (deer, home defense, zeroing the shotgun at distance at the range, etc.)

But with that said, those slugs are definitely going to wake you up if you aren't awake yet and haven't had your morning coffee. At 1760 fps they'll pack a bit of a wallop. I shot plenty of Federal Power Shot rifled slugs though my 1301 when I first got it, and used those to zero the shotgun at 50 yards (1610 fps). Later picked up some Fiocchi rifled slugs that were 7/8 oz. low recoil (1300 fps) and my 1301 loves these. Super accurate and fun to shoot if you're in a class shooting high volumes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    The gun shipped with a rail and the rails ge loose too. Same issue. Beretta should have pinned the receiver.
    I'm glad they didn't, because it make it super easy to get rid of it.

User Tag List