Page 675 of 675 FirstFirst ... 175575625665673674675
Results 6,741 to 6,747 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

I hope some here can help with this.

I have a 1301 Comp, and I would like a rail to mount an optic. Now the potential “Hard part” I would like the section of rail to allow the use of the bead sight.

Yes I still like to still train with iron sights on occasion.

Thanks to all.

Quote Originally Posted by kev8287 View Post
    I have a 1301 Comp, and I would like a rail to mount an optic. Now the potential “Hard part” I would like the section of rail to allow the use of the bead sight.
    I also have a Comp, and have circled the drain on mounts quite a bit, and not sure exactly what you will find that will be plug and play.
    Fusion offers this one, and I think it is setup so the mount can be drilled to match the holes in the gun?
    And they have a setscrew front sight for the rib. I actually have one of these that I am not using that I would make you a deal on if you decide to do this.
    Not sure anything will co-witness if it is on a mount on top of a rail, but you could use a QR release and switch back and forth. Also if you do multi-gun you could switch between Open and Tac-Ops.

Thank you. I would prefer not to use ghost ring sights.

I found these and am doing research on them
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Rib+fitti...ref=nb_sb_noss

I found them because of your suggestion, so again thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kev8287 View Post
    Thank you. I would prefer not to use ghost ring sights.
    If you do not want GR there are a bunch of things that clamp on the rib (the link didn't work).
    Happy to help, I have been scheming on shotguns a lot lately.

So I got my 509T (Green - X2 version), my Tacord 509T mount and half moon aperture for the LPA factory rear sight, now time to get the puppy on!

I will say - although it is a great enclosure, and I really like being able to use the 'buckshot donut' by itself, in tandem with the dot, or just dot for farther distance shooting slugs - I will say that the 509T was just about the most expensive optic I own ($356 shipped) the glass is nowhere near as clear as my 510C, or my 512C, or my 503CU's, more of a color shift than anything, but definitely a step down in clarity from those models - nothing terrible, but definitely noticeable if going from my AR with one of those that I own, to the 509T

I'll register my warranty just in case with Holosun and it looks factory fresh, and is my first 'pistol engineered' optic so that may be part of it

Thank you @Centerfire for all the help getting the LPA steel rear sight and the Tacord 509T mount and rob haught style aperture as I think this setup is best of both worlds as opposed to a 509T on a GG&G CROM style mount

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    So I got my 509T (Green - X2 version), my Tacord 509T mount and half moon aperture for the LPA factory rear sight, now time to get the puppy on!

I will say - although it is a great enclosure, and I really like being able to use the 'buckshot donut' by itself, in tandem with the dot, or just dot for farther distance shooting slugs - I will say that the 509T was just about the most expensive optic I own ($356 shipped) the glass is nowhere near as clear as my 510C, or my 512C, or my 503CU's, more of a color shift than anything, but definitely a step down in clarity from those models - nothing terrible, but definitely noticeable if going from my AR with one of those that I own, to the 509T

I'll register my warranty just in case with Holosun and it looks factory fresh, and is my first 'pistol engineered' optic so that may be part of it
    I certainly don't claim to see the most pistol optics of anyone out there, but I've seen a fair few of them at this point. The enclosed emitter Holosun optics tend to have significant variances in their glass. Just as an example, a client recently had his first Holosun fail and he received another one to replace it that we had a dickens of a time trying to get zeroed. The gun (a Glock 17) just would not group. I shot it and even using irons just as a sanity check I couldn't guarantee hits. It was so bad I pulled out my own carry gun and shot some HST just to make sure I hadn't forgotten how to shoot a pistol.

What we thought was some sort of barrel/locking block issue turns out to have been distortion in the glass of the optic. My eyes weren't good enough to see it, but when we put the gun in the hands of someone with significantly better eyesight (who has also made a profession of looking through scopes) he immediately spotted the problem.

I've seen them manifest everything from weird distortion like that to throwing false dots when the sun hits the optic from behind at just the right angle to the glass coming loose inside the housing. I've seen plenty that worked just fine, but in terms of problems with the glass itself the Holosun enclosed emitters I've seen more issues specifically with their glass than I've seen from other optics.

Moral of the story is that you keep an eye on it and don't just assume that if something looks off that's how it's supposed to be. If it starts acting weird or you're seeing weird results definitely take advantage of customer service.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I certainly don't claim to see the most pistol optics of anyone out there, but I've seen a fair few of them at this point. The enclosed emitter Holosun optics tend to have significant variances in their glass. Just as an example, a client recently had his first Holosun fail and he received another one to replace it that we had a dickens of a time trying to get zeroed. The gun (a Glock 17) just would not group. I shot it and even using irons just as a sanity check I couldn't guarantee hits. It was so bad I pulled out my own carry gun and shot some HST just to make sure I hadn't forgotten how to shoot a pistol.

What we thought was some sort of barrel/locking block issue turns out to have been distortion in the glass of the optic. My eyes weren't good enough to see it, but when we put the gun in the hands of someone with significantly better eyesight (who has also made a profession of looking through scopes) he immediately spotted the problem.

I've seen them manifest everything from weird distortion like that to throwing false dots when the sun hits the optic from behind at just the right angle to the glass coming loose inside the housing. I've seen plenty that worked just fine, but in terms of problems with the glass itself the Holosun enclosed emitters I've seen more issues specifically with their glass than I've seen from other optics.

Moral of the story is that you keep an eye on it and don't just assume that if something looks off that's how it's supposed to be. If it starts acting weird or you're seeing weird results definitely take advantage of customer service.
    Thank you and yes I think in bold is the key above- everything has a defect/failure rate and although I've not had to use Holosun warranty for my other optics I feel confident when purchasing that they do stand behind their products so I will keep an eye on it so to speak, literally and figuratively - I don't have a box full of the same optics to inspect them side by side with other 509T's but I was just noting that compared to my 510/512 and my 503's on my AR's this one is more noticeable. I will send Holosun an email just to inquire as well - like I said, its my first pistol optic, and it may be me just getting used to something new, smaller viewing window compared to my rifle optics etc (and I also have a pair of PA SLX 1X Microprisms which also spoil me)

User Tag List