Page 309 of 680 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319359409 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    A few more observations from my testing:

- It only happens if the shell falls nose down up against the follower. This happens almost every time with the slightly shorter length Fiocchi dummy rounds but can still happen with normal 2 3/4" shells. This is probably why js475 noticed it most often with the barrel tipped downward... gravity is assisting the shell with nosing down against the follower.

- The jam happens while I am standing stationary, holding the shotgun steady, and smoothly loading the shell and releasing the bolt. Any kind of dynamic motion like what would be found on the range or the streets would probably introduce enough jarring movement to prevent the jam, however, the fact that it can happen is unacceptable to me.

- My 1301T is only a sample of one and all aftermarket parts were added by me, though there is now at least one more example of this effect thanks to js475.
    Thanks for the feedback and information. I will look into this potential issue for sure.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

I’ve had my Aridus adapter and my Magpul stock just arrived the other day. It’s time to switch stocks.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Follower issue

So we have been playing with this follower issue quite a bit. I can make it happen if I do the following;

1. Port load the gun muzzle down (and I mean almost straight down)
    2. Press the bolt release very slowly.
    3. Make sure the shell lands nose down against the follower.
    4. Hold my mouth right.

On the guns we have tested, it is pretty hard to make it happen. On my personal gun, if it does happen, as soon as I move the gun to look at it, it loads the shell.

All that said, if it is even a little bit of a potential issue, we want it fixed. I have a sample coming from Nordic to test today. If there are no side effects from this new follower, we will switch them out and make a running change.

Name:  Nordic Followers.jpg
Views: 1228
Size:  41.3 KB

New Domed Follower on the left (its really not new, they have always had that one).
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    So we have been playing with this follower issue quite a bit. I can make it happen if I do the following;

4. Hold my mouth right.

On the guns we have tested, it is pretty hard to make it happen. On my personal gun, if it does happen, as soon as I move the gun to look at it, it loads the shell.

All that said, if it is even a little bit of a potential issue, we want it fixed. I have a sample coming from Nordic to test today. If there are no side effects from this new follower, we will switch them out and make a running change.

New Domed Follower on the left (its really not new, they have always had that one).
    Cool!

If it works out (eliminates minuscule chance of malfunction), and you sell them, I’ll happily buy one from you instead of direct from Nordic.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post

4. Hold my mouth right.

Yeah that's been my experience with this malfunction as well. It is difficult to make happen, but I suppose Murphy's Law and all that.

How did you get the domed follower? I don't see a separate listing on Nordic's website or anywhere else for two different versions. Did you have to make a special order?

Hi all, new guy here.

I handled a 1301T and absolutely loved it, and almost bought it. Until I realized that I don't love the sights.

In general, ghost rings aren't known to be good in low light, or as fast at acquiring targets as a bead - two things that are critical in home defense. And I feel like the 1301's are particularly bad here. With the rear ring being really fat, and the side rails front and rear, there's a lot going on. A lot of the peripheral view is blocked.

I'm tempted by a 21" comp instead, but I like the compactness of the tactical.

Has anyone had success replacing the sights? Putting a more open ring on the rear, and something more low-light friendly on the front? I'm wondering if this might be the bets compromise? Or are there other options?

I don't think I want anything that uses a battery. I want simple and brain-dead reliable.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    Hi all, new guy here.

I handled a 1301T and absolutely loved it, and almost bought it. Until I realized that I don't love the sights.

In general, ghost rings aren't known to be good in low light, or as fast at acquiring targets as a bead - two things that are critical in home defense. And I feel like the 1301's are particularly bad here. With the rear ring being really fat, and the side rails front and rear, there's a lot going on. A lot of the peripheral view is blocked.

I'm tempted by a 21" comp instead, but I like the compactness of the tactical.

Has anyone had success replacing the sights? Putting a more open ring on the rear, and something more low-light friendly on the front? I'm wondering if this might be the bets compromise? Or are there other options?

I don't think I want anything that uses a battery. I want simple and brain-dead reliable.
    A. Not an expert in this area.

B. I’ve been convinced by the SMEs here that an RDS is the optimum solution to rapid, precise shotgun employment, and have invested in a quality RDS.

C. In the absence of, or in addition to, a quality RDS, this might be what you’re looking for. It’s a “half-moon” add-on to the ghost-ring that comes on the CROM available on the same website.

https://www.aridusindustries.com/pro...-crom-aperture

This guy is a P-F member and a quality guy.

D. I put one of these on the front to augment the RDS.
    You may find something here that you like:

https://www.blitzkriegcomponents.com...s.asp?Cat=1826

If you read through the MANY pages of this thread (as I have done, along with many of my betters), there’s lots to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    In the absence of, or in addition to, a quality RDS, this might be what you’re looking for. It’s a “half-moon” add-on to the ghost-ring that comes on the CROM available on the same website.
    Thanks GyroF. And yeah, I'm making my way through all 300+ pages. It's slow going though, with all the side tracked discussions.

I handled a 1301T again today, and left thinking I might just be a vent-rib + bead kind of guy. The openness helps my eyes track better.

So now I'm torn between:

a) 1301 Comp 21, which is 3" longer than a 1301T,
    b) Remington V3 Tactical, on paper, has everything I'm looking for: 18.5" vent rib barrel + bead. https://www.remington.com/shotguns/tactical/v3-tactical

Logic says I should get the V3. It's shorter than the comp, less recoil, and (assuming I don't get a lemon or gas in the face) it will cycle all kinds of shells as well as a 1301.

But for some reason I still want a 1301.
    Last edited by matto; 01-08-2020 at 10:10 PM.

Thanks GyroF. And yeah, I'm making my way through all 300+ pages. It's slow going though, with all the side tracked discussions.

I handled a 1301T again today, and left thinking I might just be a vent-rib + bead kind of guy. The openness helps my eyes track better.

So now I'm torn between:

a) 1301 Comp 21, which is 3" longer than a 1301T,
    b) Remington V3 Tactical, on paper, has everything I'm looking for: 18.5" vent rib barrel + bead. https://www.remington.com/shotguns/tactical/v3-tactical

Logic says I should get the V3. It's shorter than the comp, less recoil, and (assuming I don't get a lemon or gas in the face) it will cycle all kinds of shells as well as a 1301.

But for some reason I still want a 1301.
    Logic says Remington makes cheap firearms.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar

In general, ghost rings aren't known to be good in low light, or as fast at acquiring targets as a bead - two things that are critical in home defense.
    I would absolutely disagree with that statement.

I've done a fair bit of low light work and of the options available a bead sight is the worst option for use in low light. We routinely see folks in class with bead guns who mess up the use of the bead sight, often throwing shots incredibly high. In bright light you can see that happening and correct...but in low light it is exceptionally difficult to notice that and correct it under any kind of stress.

Ghost ring sights work just fine in low light. They are not as good as a red dot, certainly, but they do work.

A shotgun with properly set up iron sights that have tritium in them works just fine in low light at home defense tasks.

And I feel like the 1301's are particularly bad here. With the rear ring being really fat, and the side rails front and rear, there's a lot going on. A lot of the peripheral view is blocked.
    I don't find the peripheral to be any more blocked with the 1301T than I do with a typical AR carbine.

The Aridus CROM works fine as a rear sight. You can replace the front sight with a tritium equipped front sight. The 1301T uses the same sight post as the Benelli M4.

Replacing the battery a couple of times a year on an Aimpoint is very simple and the optic is incredibly reliable.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List