Page 364 of 680 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414464 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    That looks awesome. Could you stake the castle nut to prevent rotation, or maybe drill and tap a hole then run a set screw in there?
    Thanks, I really like how it turned out but I'd feel way better once it's more secured!

I don't know if staking the castle nut would work. I'm not an engineer but I think the buffer tube could potentially unscrew even with staking since it would just rotate within the adapter threads and the locked in castle nut. I think the set screw would be a more secure option, I just need to figure out if I can do that myself. Will update again after I try it.

Awesome. Look forward to see your solution and hear how it shoots for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dfeder530 View Post
    Thanks, I really like how it turned out but I'd feel way better once it's more secured!

I don't know if staking the castle nut would work. I'm not an engineer but I think the buffer tube could potentially unscrew even with staking since it would just rotate within the adapter threads and the locked in castle nut. I think the set screw would be a more secure option, I just need to figure out if I can do that myself. Will update again after I try it.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    HUH!? WHAT DID YOU SAY?
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Speaking of stocks, what’s the ideal length of pull on these for like an average sized dude?

Also, anyone know how long the receiver is?
    Last edited by Super77; 10-08-2020 at 07:16 AM.

@Crusader8207

Drilled and tapped a set screw to capture the buffer tube within the BTFA adapter threads similar to how the AR15 end plate works. First time doing it and it went super smooth. Got all the parts through McMaster Carr to get the exact specs on the drill, tap, and set screws. Drilled the hole with a hand drill then tapped the threads using pliers holding the end of the tap. Just noting that to say how easy it was with minimal tools. I secured the set screw using Loctite 243 since it is a through hole and can fall into the buffer tube if screwed in all the way.

I plan on shooting it tomorrow to see how it holds up.

Name:  oWlx3t8.jpg
Views: 1839
Size:  52.0 KBName:  VZ0CgCS.jpg
Views: 1833
Size:  38.3 KBName:  KyudeQW.jpg
Views: 1842
Size:  23.7 KB

Nice job!! Love it. Glad it was easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by dfeder530 View Post
    @Crusader8207

Drilled and tapped a set screw to capture the buffer tube within the BTFA adapter threads similar to how the AR15 end plate works. First time doing it and it went super smooth. Got all the parts through McMaster Carr to get the exact specs on the drill, tap, and set screws. Drilled the hole with a hand drill then tapped the threads using pliers holding the end of the tap. Just noting that to say how easy it was with minimal tools. I secured the set screw using Loctite 243 since it is a through hole and can fall into the buffer tube if screwed in all the way.

I plan on shooting it tomorrow to see how it holds up.

Name:  oWlx3t8.jpg
Views: 1839
Size:  52.0 KBName:  VZ0CgCS.jpg
Views: 1833
Size:  38.3 KBName:  KyudeQW.jpg
Views: 1842
Size:  23.7 KB
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

@dfeder530

Does the stock block the trigger when folded? Have you thought about a Battlelink Minimalist Stock?

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    @dfeder530

Does the stock block the trigger when folded? Have you thought about a Battlelink Minimalist Stock?
    The trigger can still be accessed when folded but it is a tight fit. The safety is much harder to hit. If the stock is extended and folded it frees up some space and both the trigger and safety are easy to hit. A Minimalist stock would definitely free up that area, since it lacks the angled part that is on the CTR stock. I don't plan on shooting it while folded though. For me it's really just for stowing in a more compact package.

Anyone heard when the next shipment will get in? I’d like to grab one for the wife.

I've been out of the loop for a while. Just got an SGA stock and ordered the adapter from Aridus.

I'll be ordering the CROM (RH Mod) and hand guard when they become available as well.

Is there a standard recommendation for light and mount that work well with the hand guard? Best way to mount a sling?

I was contemplating ordering the Nordic extension as well. Are people only using the Carrier Comp follower with the Nordic or with the standard magazine as well?

User Tag List