Page 651 of 680 FirstFirst ... 151551601641649650651652653661 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,510 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Have both. If one has the scratch to buy a 1301 at current prices I would spend another Benji and get 2 A300's

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Mod 2
    New stock and hand guard, pro lifter, flatter trigger, kick recoil reducer compatible, higher price
    Been holding off on buying one, for various reasons, but this is the 1301 I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    Been holding off on buying one, for various reasons, but this is the 1301 I need.
    Concur.

Now to convince the wife…
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I know the newest version is advertised to be compatible with the recoils reducing stock. Are the older models NOT compatible? What makes it different?

Now that they are priced about the same as a Benelli M2 tactical, is the 1301 better than the M2?

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    Now that they are priced about the same as a Benelli M2 tactical, is the 1301 better than the M2?
    Define better. The 1301 is softer shooting. The M2 has a bunch of models and the option of a 14 inch barrel.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    The M2 uses the inertia system, so it will tend to have more felt recoil and be pickier about what it feeds. It comes from the factory with a longer length of pull. The ergonomics of the controls are not quite as good as the 1301 unless you are well accustomed to the Benelli layout.

Neither are bad shotguns and while there are some objective differences that lean in the Beretta's favor, "Better" is going to end up in the eye of the beholder.

For adaptability to the end user the 1301 is still the closest thing in the semi-auto world to the 870...and more stuff will be coming at SHOT to add still more options for it.

Tactical/defensive shotguns are, in general, an incredibly small percentage of sales for the big semi-auto manufacturers. But as best I know, Beretta is selling more tactical shotguns than anyone else and that's helping make a case for the aftermarket. Aridus took a huge risk by going hard into the paint on a low volume niche defensive shotgun, but doing so helped promote the gun and obviously made enough of a case for an aftermarket to help make the gun better that the Aridus catalog was "appropriated" by others.

Will other manufacturers up their defensive shotgun game chasing Beretta's success here? Remains to be seen. But for now, the 1301 is still the king of adaptability in the semi-auto space.

If I'm comparing the two guns side by side, the adaptability through the aftermarket alone is enough to make me buy the 1301.
    3/15/2016

In AK, I have a choice of a 1301, Benelli M4 14 inch and two 14 inch Benelli M2 shotguns (one with a S1 on the rib and the other a Micro over the action). When I head out the door, I most often grab one of the M2's as they are slightly handier. Would grab the 1301 to go shoot more than a few rounds. Not sure why I would grab the M4, unless I wanted something to double as a sledge hammer.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I own an M1 and a 1301. Even though I’ve owned the M1 for over 20 years, I prefer the 1301 due to ergonomics and reliability. The M1 can be picky with certain loads and adding accessories like side saddles might affect reliability due the the inertia system.

before this thread started (and I likely even posted in the thread about it) I would have wanted an M2 with rifle sights. For quite some time they were hard to find but now I got so many gunbroker alerts to the thing being available I had to unsubscribe.

Based on this thread alone, I'll be buying a 1301 (or maybe a 300UP )
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List