Page 352 of 678 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402452 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 6771

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Yes but it was brand specific. Winchester was nasty, especially if the gun was hot. Fiocchi stuck a little bit. Federal ran fine.
    Interesting. All of my 870's are older guns. My main teaching gun, Humble Pie, is an 870 Express purchased around Y2K. It's been upgraded and most crucially the recent manufacture rifle-sighted Police barrel on it has had the forcing cone opened and the whole thing from chamber to muzzle has been honed. My other 870's are all vintage Wingmasters. I've fired a lot of #4, #6, and #7 Winchester Super X birdshot through my 870's without trouble.

Remington's failure to properly polish at least the chambers on their barrels is disconcerting.

I've seen the same from Mossberg a fair bit, too.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Remington's failure to properly polish at least the chambers on their barrels is disconcerting.

Sounds like they're taking a page from KelTec's book... Skip the chamber polish and simply instruct the owner to use high brass only.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Most guns are sold as an almost-ready-to-use firearm kit. To adapt a line from Carroll Smith, they are shipped assembled because that's the easiest way to fit them compactly in the box and to make sure all the parts are included.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

First time poster, long time reader...

I finally managed to read through a lot of this thread, and whoa... What a wealth of information!

I was hoping to come across one topic but never did. Would anyone happen to know if the longer picatinny rail on the Comp model will fit onto the Tactical? I'm thinking of swapping out the ghostring/ rail so on the longer I can have some more options. But the Comp rail looks like it has a different mount pattern... Anyone know if it will fit, or perhaps another rail that would work?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Adams View Post
    First time poster, long time reader...

I finally managed to read through a lot of this thread, and whoa... What a wealth of information!

I was hoping to come across one topic but never did. Would anyone happen to know if the longer picatinny rail on the Comp model will fit onto the Tactical? I'm thinking of swapping out the ghostring/ rail so on the longer I can have some more options. But the Comp rail looks like it has a different mount pattern... Anyone know if it will fit, or perhaps another rail that would work?

Thanks!

Comp has four screw holes, tach only has two. They don't line up, either.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Interesting. All of my 870's are older guns. My main teaching gun, Humble Pie, is an 870 Express purchased around Y2K. It's been upgraded and most crucially the recent manufacture rifle-sighted Police barrel on it has had the forcing cone opened and the whole thing from chamber to muzzle has been honed. My other 870's are all vintage Wingmasters. I've fired a lot of #4, #6, and #7 Winchester Super X birdshot through my 870's without trouble.

I love that shotgun.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Back when I thought the shottie was going to be my only long gun I sent the barrel of my Mossy 590A1 to AIMPRO Tactical and had the bore honed and polished, forcing cone lengthened, threaded for standard chokes, and magnaported, intending it to be my be-all do-all shotgun.

Very satisfied. It is on its second set of Trijicon sights.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    Comp has four screw holes, tach only has two. They don't line up, either.
    Thanks for the info I was hoping they might be milled to the same pattern underneath the sight and rail.

I have an EOtech XPS coming my way, I thought I would just see if it was doable. I guess I could still mount the XPS, but I doubt I'd ever find a set irons to match the reticle.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Adams View Post
    Thanks for the info I was hoping they might be milled to the same pattern underneath the sight and rail.

I have an EOtech XPS coming my way, I thought I would just see if it was doable. I guess I could still mount the XPS, but I doubt I'd ever find a set irons to match the reticle.
    The XPS will be way too high and top heavy.

There are practical reason the Aimpoint Micro, RMR and their Holosun clones are the standard on these guns.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The XPS will be way too high and top heavy.

There are practical reason the Aimpoint Micro, RMR and their Holosun clones are the standard on these guns.
    Too high to use with stock irons for sure, but I think it still could be of use if zeroed properly. I've thought about getting an M2 or S1, but the EOTech is free, and I do like the larger window.

User Tag List