Page 350 of 678 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352360400450 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 6780

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Cacafuego View Post
    One of my two 1301Ts (both "1st gen," if that matters) will no longer reliably release a shell from the magazine using what the manual calls the "carrier stop button." Both snap caps and live shells. This means I can't store the thing "cruiser ready", which is the only status that makes sense for me.
    Beretta customer service said the thing isn't supposed to feed that way, that it needs recoil to aid feeding, and that it must be port loaded. I think that's a load of crap. My other 1301 releases shells, and the problem one used to; furthermore these things are too expensive to be that kind of pain in the ass.
    Anybody have any suggestions as to what I ought to take a look at? After snapping the charging handle on the other gun, and now this, I' starting to think these things are just damn fragile.
    I think I understand what Beretta CS is saying. The shells feed from the magazine tube and are captured by friction against the receiver and spring-loaded shell latch. I've found that the magazine spring needs to push the shell out with relative force to be able to overcome that friction. Can you check your magazine tube spring for wear or did you install a magazine tube extension without a new spring?

The gun is bone stock.

My shotgun noob question of the day: When you have your 1301 bolt locked to the rear, can you depress the loading gate to load shells into the mag tube?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    My shotgun noob question of the day: When you have your 1301 bolt locked to the rear, can you depress the loading gate to load shells into the mag tube?
    No. The lifter is locked when the gun is locked open.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 06-17-2020 at 11:02 AM.
    3/15/2016

The Sure Cycle bolt handles pull right out of the bolt with little resistance. So those will be going back and I'll be sticking with the factory bolt handle.
    3/15/2016

One of my two 1301Ts (both "1st gen," if that matters) will no longer reliably release a shell from the magazine using what the manual calls the "carrier stop button." Both snap caps and live shells. This means I can't store the thing "cruiser ready", which is the only status that makes sense for me.
    Beretta customer service said the thing isn't supposed to feed that way, that it needs recoil to aid feeding, and that it must be port loaded. I think that's a load of crap. My other 1301 releases shells, and the problem one used to; furthermore these things are too expensive to be that kind of pain in the ass.
    Anybody have any suggestions as to what I ought to take a look at? After snapping the charging handle on the other gun, and now this, I' starting to think these things are just damn fragile.
    It shouldn't work that way. I've seen more than 100 specimens of 1301 in person in use in class and I've never seen what you're describing manifest.

The problem with gun companies in general is that everybody in the company who may come into contact with customers or potential customers doesn't know how their products actually work.

My guess is that some stuff needs to be adjusted inside the gun and it could benefit from a trip to the factory.

If I had to guess I'd say something is off in the trigger group that is preventing the lifter from moving as it should to allow shells out of the magazine tube.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 06-17-2020 at 11:02 AM.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Does it drop the shell on the lifter with a little thump of the stock against the ground?
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    It shouldn't work that way. I've seen more than 100 specimens of 1301 in person in use in class and I've never seen what you're describing manifest.

The problem with gun companies in general is that everybody in the company who may come into contact with customers or potential customers doesn't know how their products actually work.

My guess is that some stuff needs to be adjusted inside the gun and it could benefit from a trip to the factory.

If I had to guess I'd say something is off in the trigger group that is preventing the lifter from moving as it should to allow shells out of the magazine tube.
    I was hoping you'd chime in.
    Like I said, I have two of them, used in classes etc. It's also a very standard semi-auto shotgun feature, so I knew the service rep was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    Does it drop the shell on the lifter with a little thump of the stock against the ground?
    I was very much hoping you'd chime in.
    It does release a shell when given a bump, yes.

That would seem to indicate that the mag spring needs to be replaced at a minimum.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List