Page 555 of 680 FirstFirst ... 55455505545553554555556557565605655 ... LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,550 of 6793

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Rounded corners…

I’ve rounded the corners on my 1301 Magpul/LimbSaver pad. I also did it on the LimbSaver I put on shortened Benelli stock. I rounded the top and bottom edges and it does snag less when shouldering and unshouldering.

Quick tip… I used a belt sander with 80 grit to knock off most of the corner. Spray down the sandpaper with WD40 often to reduce a wavy and jagged surface. Once most of the material is removed, clean it up with 120 grit and WD40. I also rounded the corners on the sides with 120 and WD40. The second pic is on my Benelli and looks cleaner because it was a GRIND TO FIT pad.

Name:  8FD06424-B4BF-4FE6-BD3B-DE27C44F8077.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  47.1 KB
    Name:  F0CDA7D2-96E0-48C1-97A9-90C0F3078151.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  46.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    I’ve rounded the corners on my 1301 Magpul/LimbSaver pad. I also did it on the LimbSaver I put on shortened Benelli stock. I rounded the top and bottom edges and it does snag less when shouldering and unshouldering.

Quick tip… I used a belt sander with 80 grit to knock off most of the corner. Spray down the sandpaper with WD40 often to reduce a wavy and jagged surface. Once most of the material is removed, clean it up with 120 grit and WD40. I also rounded the corners on the sides with 120 and WD40. The second pic is on my Benelli and looks cleaner because it was a GRIND TO FIT pad.
    Great job. I don’t have a belt sander, so I may try it just using the sandpaper and WD40. Thanks for the tip…

It might take a lot of elbow grease to do it by band, but it can be done. You might be able to cut off the bulk of the corner with a sharp razor and clean up the cut with sandpaper/WD40.

I seem to recall one of Magpul's .22LR stocks having a buttpad that could also fit the SGA. It wouldn't be the thicker rubber, but it would be significantly less apt to catch on your clothes as you mount the gun. I'm sure it's in the thread here somewhere if you search.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I seem to recall one of Magpul's .22LR stocks having a buttpad that could also fit the SGA. It wouldn't be the thicker rubber, but it would be significantly less apt to catch on your clothes as you mount the gun. I'm sure it's in the thread here somewhere if you search.
    It was in here but it was a part that Magpul doesn't want to sell individually for whatever reason. Someone here managed it but others were told No Dice.

@Flyboytim I added the BlitzK FS back in Dec, run it in a match since & it seems GTG but I don't really notice it w/ my T1/CROMw/Haught mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    It might take a lot of elbow grease to do it by band, but it can be done. You might be able to cut off the bulk of the corner with a sharp razor and clean up the cut with sandpaper/WD40.
    Great idea…

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I’ll try that as I have two of those Magpul stocks on my TacSol rifles. They are thinner pads however, and thus would not cushion the blows as much as the SGA pads… 😢

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyboytim View Post
    I’ll try that as I have two of those Magpul stocks on my TacSol rifles. They are thinner pads however, and thus would not cushion the blows as much as the SGA pads… 😢
    Throw that recoil pad in the freezer for a couple of hours and it will harden up some and be a little easier to trim. I haven’t done it iyet th magpul recoil pads, but it works well for rubber revolver grips.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Throw that recoil pad in the freezer for a couple of hours and it will harden up some and be a little easier to trim. I haven’t done it iyet th magpul recoil pads, but it works well for rubber revolver grips.
    Dang! Another good idea.

User Tag List