Page 388 of 678 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398438488 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 6780

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I picked up the rear sling mount as well, as that's where I prefer affixing the rear of a sling on my shotguns and until now there wasn't a good option for it on the 1301. I really dig it thus far.

I'm very leery of front mounts that get in between the mag tube and the extension/cap, as they reduce the thread engagement available to the extension/cap. As such, I'm sticking with the Nordic extension/sling mount/pic rail/clamp system on mine for now.
    I understand where you're coming from. With the detent I'm not worried about it coming loose. The cap doesn't seem to be a high load bearing part, like a lug nut, so a few less threads doesn't concern me.

Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    I've got this lifter in a box waiting to be installed. I hadn't read anywhere that it would work other than Beretta's website. I gather that you simply disassemble the trigger assembly, swap the lifter, and reassemble?

Also, you answered my question about dumping the mag tube with the new lifter. It might sound weird but I wish you could just pull up to dump the whole tube instead of unloading shells one by one.
    Here’s a good installation video. Use the gallon bag to pull that spring assembly out. I also used masking tape to hold three pieces from moving around on me during re-installation. You’ll figure out which ones.

https://youtu.be/Kr5-9TeLRsY

Also, some folks have modified this lifter to open more to dump shells out, all at once, at least that’s what I assume it was for.

I decided to test fit some optics today. I don't see many pictures of people not using a hi-speed CROM. So, I thought I'd share.

Sig Romeo 5 - I will be using this. The sights do not co-witness at all, if you were wondering. (Note: I believe this is unique to the Romeo 5. When using one on an AR, I used a DD 1/3rd co-witness Aimpoint mount. The Romeo 5 ended up with an absolute co-witness. May 1/3 co-witness with a T1 Micro)

Burris Fastfire 3 - I had one laying around and it's a decent stand in for a better MRDS. Sights also do not co-witness.

Primary Arms 1-6x ACSS Gen 2 - I also had this laying around in an AR mount. I thought it would be entertaining to slap it on. I would not recommend this heavy optic on a shotgun, but if you're going to do it, get a normal mount, and not the style I have which pushes it forward. This made the eye relief terrible.

The one I have does seem to clear the factory rear sight.

I sighted in the Romeo 5 at about 15 yards in the house with this bad boy.

If funds were unlimited, I would put a TA44 mini ACOG on here. The Romeo will do just fine for home defense and range needs.
    Last edited by trajiiic; 05-04-2021 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboytim View Post
    Here’s a good installation video. Use the gallon bag to pull that spring assembly out. I also used masking tape to hold three pieces from moving around on me during re-installation. You’ll figure out which ones.

https://youtu.be/Kr5-9TeLRsY

Also, some folks have modified this lifter to open more to dump shells out, all at once, at least that’s what I assume it was for.
    Thanks, I watched that video but I did find a better one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdfOnUg40-4

^^^ this guy has you disassemble in a different order to not have to worry about the spring shooting across the room.

Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    Thanks, I watched that video but I did find a better one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdfOnUg40-4

^^^ this guy has you disassemble in a different order to not have to worry about the spring shooting across the room.
    Yes, that’s a great video that goes into everything. I’ll review it for his spring technique. Let me know how it goes.

Another thing about this lifter… 🤔

The block on the rear of the lifter that keeps it in an elevated position also seems to somewhat protect the shell release button from inadvertent depressing. I’m always concerned about that when loading shells as compared to a pump for example, that has no shell release button on the lifter at all. But loading with that block exposed helps me guide the rounds into the mag without accidentally releasing one onto the lifter.Name:  1EAEF0A2-EBBA-40EF-8326-720FAAB71406.jpg
Views: 1348
Size:  25.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Europtic has 1301 shotguns in stock.
    Great, now I have no reason not to get one...ordered!

Back and forth between DA/SA and Striker pistols...Check.

Revolver interest...check.

Revolver(s) purchase...pending.

RDS mounted pistols...Check.

1301 shotgun...Check.

And that's just the firearms portion, not discussing the plethora of options in GD(meat smoking, generators, tools, etc)...

This place should be renamed Enabler-Forum.com

Quote Originally Posted by Not HighSpeed View Post
    Great, now I have no reason not to get one...ordered!

Back and forth between DA/SA and Striker pistols...Check.

Revolver interest...check.

Revolver(s) purchase...pending.

RDS mounted pistols...Check.

1301 shotgun...Check.

And that's just the firearms portion, not discussing the plethora of options in GD(meat smoking, generators, tools, etc)...

This place should be renamed Enabler-Forum.com
    DA/SA defensive guns... check.
    Revolver interest... check.
    Revolver purchase... SoonTM.
    RDS handgun... nope.
    1301... check.

This place is enabler forum...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    This is the thread by which Google led me to P-F, way, way back.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    This is the thread by which Google led me to P-F, way, way back.
    Similar here, except I found it referenced in a P&S forum post.

User Tag List