Page 285 of 675 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295335385 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    New guy here, but mostly thanks to this thread I am a new owner of a 1301T Gen 2.
    Picked it up yesterday and tried it out a bit today. Ran almost 100 rounds of assorted bird, 00, and some 1oz slugs... zero malfunctions right out of the case. I did check for lube but everything looked wet so I just ran it... I am pleased with the results, to say the least.
    I do have a couple of small gripes, though... My 1301 came with that fully threaded extended breacher-adapter choke which just looks hideous and I have no use for. I'll call BUSA on Monday and see if they can take care of that for me.
    And the front sight is slightly crooked. Not a huge deal but I'll need to locate a tiny wrench to fix it... from previous posts it looks to be a 7/32" nut.
    I definitely want an RDS on this bad boy... the irons are fine but it's hard not to want a dot when your other firearms sport them. And it's the best night sight option going. I think the CROM with the RMR base is what I'll get but I may try the Holosun HS507C on it instead... I'm hearing good things about it and a circle dot reticle makes a lot of sense to me on a shotgun.
    I also definitely want an SGA stock but the Aridus Adapter is currently out of stock... I've no idea how long that wait might be.
    And of course I jumped in just in time for the Nordic +2 extensions to all be out of stock with no more expected. Sigh. I wonder what BUSA is going to do in the future for the 1301LE model?
    I know Briley makes a +2 for the 1301 but I don't see anyone using it and I suspect it sticks out past the barrel quite a bit which explains its lack of popularity.

Thank you to everyone here for their contributions to this thread over the years... It's a metric shit-ton of posts to wade through but there are nuggets of gold all the way through.
    The “tag”next to “like this post”is a great way to save those individual nuggets.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quick follow up:
    Regarding the front sight: I was able to tap it straight with a vice, wood block, and hammer, just like drifting a dovetail sight. Quick and easy.

Regarding the breacher choke: I called BUSA and they are mailing me the correct choke. Can't be upset with that response. The CS person said a batch of them were sent out incorrectly.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    25 percent off MSRP for all Beretta choke tubes today.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/sto...l-choke-tubes/

I don't own a Beretta that takes choke tubes, so I don't know how that compares to "street" prices, but it may help someone here.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Magpul stock

My apologies if I missed it in the thread - is there a video on installing the ASA adaptor? Not being a great gunsmith, I have a hard time visualizing the provided instructions. I can't find a video on Youtube, either.

Thanks

2 items to update on my 1301T -

With the splendid Aridus Zhukov adapter I now have a light mounting location on the forend - I wanted to get rid of the Nordic barrel clamp with its 4 screws, bulkiness, etc - it works fine but since I don't need the rail section at the end anymore I figured I'd try this out -

The Magpul MAG508 barrel clamp sling mount for the Remington 870/Mossberg 590 (NOT A1) shotguns works perfectly and fits great with the MXT Extension - it takes only one hex screw to remove and install, comes with silicone pads for the clamp so it wont mar the barrel or extension - If you leave off the paraclip mount you have a dual side QD mount! (I use an MS1 QDM sling withe the QD cup installed on the SGA stock) - hope this helps!

Also - on the Nordic Components kit, specifically the spring - Is everyone's spring installed to be 18" longer than the end of the barrel? Not going to lie it takes some pretty good brute force to close that extension cap with the spring that long, just wanted to see if I was missing something - granted my only experience is my +1 S&J Hardware extension on my 590 Pump - Seems to function and load just fine but its a heck of a long spring - LOL

1) are the latest model 1301 shotguns a significant upgrade by Beretta?

2) I have always loved the OEM 1301 stock. What are the pros and cons of going to the Magpul stock over OEM?

3) there actually was a predecessor thread to this one, from 2012 when I first handled a TX4.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-Storm-shotgun
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Grab-a-gun has the Nordic +2 in stock right now...

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    1) are the latest model 1301 shotguns a significant upgrade by Beretta?

2) I have always loved the OEM 1301 stock. What are the pros and cons of going to the Magpul stock over OEM?

3) there actually was a predecessor thread to this one, from 2012 when I first handled a TX4.
    For 2: I like the Magpul stock due to the angle of the pistol grip. I did not shorten it significantly from the Beretta Stock as that length felt about right to me at 6'1". The area where I grip with my hand being at a steeper angle with the Magpul stock makes my wrist significantly more comfortable.

For smaller statured shooters, I think the Magpul stock goes about 1-1.5" shorter in LOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    For 2: I like the Magpul stock due to the angle of the pistol grip. I did not shorten it significantly from the Beretta Stock as that length felt about right to me at 6'1". The area where I grip with my hand being at a steeper angle with the Magpul stock makes my wrist significantly more comfortable.

For smaller statured shooters, I think the Magpul stock goes about 1-1.5" shorter in LOP.
    Its all personal preference - I know 6' tall shooters who use the Magpul SGA stock at its shortest LOP (12.3")

The grip angle, ability to add QD cups on the stock or standard sling looping, cheek riser ability for optics, and even ability to use a Remington adapter to use a Limbsaver pad are all pluses, in addition to the better pistol grip angle, denser material of the stock, and LOP adjustment

Mine is at its shortest and worth every penny with the Aridus SGA adapter on my 1301 "Gen1" - I also have an SGA on my pump 590 -

I think factory Beretta LOP on 1301T is around 13"? And to those of you saying "3/4 of an inch doesnt make a difference" well it definitely did for me and thats what she said

I noticed Big R stores have the first gen 1301Ts for $850ish, not sure if that’s a good deal or not but passing it on.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List