Page 431 of 678 FirstFirst ... 331381421429430431432433441481531 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,310 of 6774

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

I’m ok with the gaskets after minor trimming. The only reason I’m using the clamp is to provide a light mount, if I find a different solution I like it will probably come off.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I'm thinking some chunks of hockey or gaffer tape stuck to the rings might be a better option if it doesn't slip under recoil. Thinner so it doesn't change the effective ID of the clamp as much and not going to squeeze out due to textile reinforcement.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m ok with the gaskets after minor trimming. The only reason I’m using the clamp is to provide a light mount, if I find a different solution I like it will probably come off.
    You could mount the light on Aridus handguard. That would let you eliminate the clamp.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zoduff View Post
    Pistol grip stocks are just as useful on tactical shotguns as they are on AR15s. We're not shooting sporting clays with our 1301t... There's a bunch of Fudds in this thread
    While I don’t think a traditional stock makes one a fudd, this is something I have pondered as well. I’d love it if someone with exoerience could explain why a pistol grip stock (not pistol grip only) is bad on a shotgun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I prefer the OEM handguard and butt stock. With a Nordic extension, I can mount a light and sling using the OEM handguard. The OEM configuration feels and handles better for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    That's reassuring. I think we are built somewhat alike. I don't have my 1301 yet but I was dreading another fiddle-fart black hole of unobtanium parts...
    I completely agree with GJM about preferring the OEM handguard. And I agree with the pain-in-the-assness of trying to obtain parts.

I prefer the Magpul stock because of the wider and thicker recoil pad and because it allows you to make the gun more compact. I much prefer the pistol grip of the Magpul stock for the way that it makes the gun feel and handle over that of the standard stock. However, I shot the gun before I had the Magpul stock installed and it was completely usable in that configuration.

Below is a quick picture I snapped of my 1301 with the Magpul stock installed and the OEM stock below the gun for comparison. The magpul stock in the picture has all of the spacers removed for comparison of how it can shorten the gun, but I run the gun with a single spacer installed in the Magpul stock. Once I imported the picture to my computer for editing and posting, I realized that the gun wasn't straight but decided to just use the photo for expediency sake.

Name:  Beretta 1301 and stock.jpg
Views: 3148
Size:  77.2 KB

My gun came with the factory +2 magazine extension which I greatly prefer for a defensive shotgun. It does not increase the length of the gun or do anything notable to its weight or balance characteristics, and brings me up from a gun with a 5 round magazine to one with a 7 round magazine. Since we are talking about a gun that has a magazine capacity of only 5 rounds, I would rather have an additional round or two. Having said that, a Beretta 1301 with a 5 round magazine is certainly usable, but if I bought one that had the 5 round capacity I would try to get the Nordic 2 round magazine extension kit that does not exceed the length of the length of the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote41 View Post
    While I don’t think a traditional stock makes one a fudd, this is something I have pondered as well. I’d love it if someone with experience could explain why a pistol grip stock (not pistol grip only) is bad on a shotgun.
    Not 'bad' just maybe not all around as effective is some folk's minds.

One of the first reasons that I would mention is safety manipulation for the Mossberg, or any other shotgun with a topside receiver safety.

Another reason is the prevalence of folks who use shotguns for both SD and sporting use. Many folks do fine with the traditional stock in both roles. Rules of clay games pretty much preclude tactical stocks. In my personal experience, I'm quicker from the kinda international ready with a conventional stock than a tactical stock, mounted low ready, not much different; walking the field mounted ready (think Rhodesian Ready) conventional stock.

For pump action shotguns, push - pull with a conventional stock is more intuitive. Both of the wrists and forearms kind of doing the same thing, and in alignment while doing so. With the pistol grip stock, you aren't aligned as well, and the vertical pull from the support hand differs from the push with the strong hand.

I'm left-handed, and I'm bone-on-bone in the left wrist from an accident. After I recovered and was able to work the range again (I also broke the bottom end) I began teaching with a tactical stock 870, as soon as I was able, I ditched the tactical stock and went to a conventional stock, even though it was not nearly as comfortable to use. For me the manipulations were kind of impeded by the tactical stock's pistol grip. I recently bought a Magpul SGA, and I think it will hit the sweet spot for me, at least.

Those are just my personal observations, other folks may have different experience.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

I too prefer the factory furniture. If you guys are running a light on the nordic extension rail how are you activating it? Are you attaching a pressure pad somewhere?

I was thinking a Streamlight Protac with a pressure pad threaded through the stock and hack a hole in the left side and mount the pad there. That would be a pretty good setup.

Is there any chance or word about Streamlight or Surefire coming out with an integrated light? These guns seem fairly popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I too prefer the factory furniture. If you guys are running a light on the nordic extension rail how are you activating it? Are you attaching a pressure pad somewhere?

I was thinking a Streamlight Protac with a pressure pad threaded through the stock and hack a hole in the left side and mount the pad there. That would be a pretty good setup.

Is there any chance or word about Streamlight or Surefire coming out with an integrated light? These guns seem fairly popular.
    If your not afraid to rattle can an AR then some 3m body tape should be no problem to stick a pressure pad on your stock either.. just saying.

Kinda starts getting into tools vs shiny toy philosophy when it comes to what works works.

I ditched the clamp on my Nordic ext and have been using the GGG sling/picatinny mount on the left side. That lets me eliminate the pressure pad and activate the light with my thumb, which I prefer for simplicity's sake.
    I'm also still using the factory furniture. The Aridus/Magpul stuff looks nice, but I don't think the gain in performance is worth the money for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post

I posted about my choice a few weeks back, the Surefire Scout Pro Mini. I dislike pressure switches and have long enough arms to allow for the use of the standard switch, even with the light mounted even with the muzzle. This light is 500 lumens, uses the Nordic Picatinny rail on their barrel/mag clamp, and has passed firing tests admirably. Also, I like how it snugs up to the barrel. Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

User Tag List