Page 613 of 680 FirstFirst ... 113513563603611612613614615623663 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,130 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I'm wondering with the Rusty Nuts Aimpoint mount if one can get the optic low enough to co-witness with rib-mounted irons?
    I have one on order for an MRO, stay tuned...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I am trying to convince myself that I don't want a 21" Comp Pro instead of a 1301T.
    More on this, I briefly owned both a Tactical and a 21" Comp.
    I decided that since I was shooting the Comp every month my defensive shotgun needs were met, and a friend wanted a Tactical, so I sold it, perhaps to replace it again someday.
    But.... I got a pistol with an SRO now and will probably start shooting in Open class, so I am going to try a MRO (Rustynuts mount on order) on the shotgun, and I will have a longer tube, so maybe I will get a 24" Comp and restore the 21" to a more practical/handy configuration.

I like the kick-off system in the Comp Pro.
    it's readily cast and drop adjustable and my proper LOP is closer to 15" anyways.
    @bruceride has a Comp Pro and it will not go quite as short as mine, but it goes pretty short.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    The loading port on the comp is also larger with the use of the 3 1/2” size receiver.
    I know we disagree on the need for rifle sights on a defensive gun, but the raised rib on the comp is well done if you don’t want to immediately put a dot on it.
    I def like raised vent ribs overall as well. Is the Comp receiver considerably larger than a 1301T?
    And it is a very nice, high rib.
    The receiver is not that big, just based on the 3.5" guns (but still only 3" chamber).

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    To me it’s not overly large, but it does loose the surprisingly compact feeling I got when I first handled a regular 1301.
    IMO some of this impression is because the Tactical just appears to be so darn short.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    If they had a RMR/SRO option for the Comp I might try a 5MOA SRO, but I have MORs on my three ARs so I am going that direction (them being more like $400, I admit, is part of that decision matrix...).

GG&G Magpul SGA Adapters - Remington VS Mossberg

I switched from the Remington GG&G Magpul SGA stock & adapter to their Mossberg version. IMHO the Mossberg version is much better.

For anyone asking which one to buy, get the Mossberg.
    "Follow me!"

For those ordering the RUSTY NUTS mount, I’ve had one on my 1301T for several hundred rounds and it’s worked great! No zero shift yet and it does co-witness with the factory irons.

One thing to be cautious of… I received one of their first batch of mounts and the included mounting screws were too long. They extended too far into the receiver and blocked the bolt. I’m sure they resolved the issue by now.

Moved posts about the Aridus SMRT follower to a new thread.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Pro-Lifter Differences

Does the Pro-Lifter alteration cause any issues when port loading?

https://youtu.be/KfjBaVre8FA

Any feedback on the Lancer carbon fiber +2 magazine tubes? I tried searching but couldn’t find anything referring to user feedback on them. I just ordered one from Primary Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Rusty Nuts mount (for the Comp) came in the mail, and it is different from the pictures, in a good way (IMO).
    It will mount pretty much centered over the receiver, where I would rather have it (less weight forward is good IMO).
    Brownells has the MRO in stock for only $390 and since I cave for the Edge membership I can get two day shipping, have it to test this weekend and use it for three gun next weekend, so I just ordered another MRO. I have three of them and when I hatched this plan I intended to borrow one from one of the ARs (I have three), but for $390 I decided to not screw with all that.

Stay Tuned...

Let’s see some pics of the RN mount for the COMP! When I was setting up the RN for my Tactical, I was trying to figure out why optic was mounted in the forward position. I realized the MRO footprint wouldn’t allow it to sit any further back while maintaining access to the receiver mounting holes.

I figure that since the comps receiver is longer, it allows access to the mounting holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Let’s see some pics of the RN mount for the COMP!
    I was in a hurry this morning:
    Name:  Tiny Thing.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  19.6 KB
    Name:  Weight.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  24.7 KB
    Name:  Outermost Holes.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  28.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    When I was setting up the RN for my Tactical, I was trying to figure out why optic was mounted in the forward position. I realized the MRO footprint wouldn’t allow it to sit any further back while maintaining access to the receiver mounting holes.

I figure that since the comps receiver is longer, it allows access to the mounting holes.
    I think you are also competing with the rear peep sight. This puts it right on top of the receiver, and you can even flip it forward or backward:
    Name:  Forward.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  25.7 KB
    Name:  Rear.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  27.9 KB

As I mentioned, the optic is on order, I decided to not pull one off of something that is sighted in, I can wait a couple days for a new one.

User Tag List