Page 500 of 680 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510550600 ... LastLast
Results 4,991 to 5,000 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Initial thoughts after my first range trip with my new 1301 Marine.

I don't have anything new to add but I feel like after referring to this thread for years and finally having a 1301 in my possession I should make a post.

Thoughts:
    1. The gun doesn't really need any upgrades other than a way to mount a light. I am going to copy this method,

https://www.reddit.com/r/beretta1301...mod_sga_spacer

I hate tape switches so this should do the trick.

I did switch to a Blitzkrieg non-tritium front sight, but would have been fine with the stock front sight post. I'll add a magazine extension and a QD socket in the rear, but again I would be fine without them. I have no plans to switch furniture. I have a SGA on my pump so I know what they are like, but the stock that comes on the 1301 is great. I've looked at the Aridus and Briley handguards and both have aspects I don't like. I also have a sling for the gun if needed.

Note about adding QD cups: My plan was to JB Weld one in the void left from removing the stock sling stud and then add one higher up on the side for primary use. I did not take my time to think things out and ran into a self-made issue.

A QD can be added to the side with ease. No problem there.

I am not an engineer, but it looks like the sling stud also acts as an anchor for the stock insert and should not be permanently removed. I am an oaf and managed to damage my insert by being careless. I'll end up with the two QDs as I originally envisioned, but if I was going to do it over I would only add the QD to the side of the stock.

2. For how light the gun is it doesn't recoil much. I went through about 130 shells of full power buck and 25 slugs in a short amount of time without issue. No hiccups from the gun either.

3. I had a tough time choosing between the tactical and 21" comp guns (this goes back to the early posts from DocGKR). I did not have a chance to hold either one before purchasing, so I had to go by what others recommended. If a 18" comp model existed I would have gone with that. In the end I went with the 18" gun.

4. I know this is not surprising, but compared to my pump the 1301 patterns better. The groups seemed more consistent and a little tighter. This was with case with 3 different loads and one other load was about the same.

An unpleasant surprise.

I tried moving my Romeo5 over to the 1301T on a CROM as a placeholder, and found it will not cowitness.

Can we come up with a definitive list of Micro format RDS that will cowitness on a CROM?

* T-1/2
    * H-1/2

What else?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    An unpleasant surprise.

I tried moving my Romeo5 over to the 1301T on a CROM as a placeholder, and found it will not cowitness.

Can we come up with a definitive list of Micro format RDS that will cowitness on a CROM?

* T-1/2
    * H-1/2

What else?
    I'm curious, is it too tall?

The height is the issue I had trying to get a 1/3 cowitness on my AR. I put a Romeo5 on a DD aimpoint mount that comes with a spacer to make an aimpoint 1/3 with standard iron sights. I discovered that the Romeo 5 will 1/3ish cowitness with a full witness height mount.

I have the Romeo5 on my factory rail right now and thought about getting a CROM later. Thanks for this info.
    "Follow me!"

https://www.syringeshotgunspeedloade...-round-syringe

I thought this looked pretty cool. I might pick one up just to see how it works in the 1301 with the comp-pro lifter.
    "Follow me!"

Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    I'm curious, is it too tall?

The height is the issue I had trying to get a 1/3 cowitness on my AR. I put a Romeo5 on a DD aimpoint mount that comes with a spacer to make an aimpoint 1/3 with standard iron sights. I discovered that the Romeo 5 will 1/3ish cowitness with a full witness height mount.

I have the Romeo5 on my factory rail right now and thought about getting a CROM later. Thanks for this info.
    Yes, too tall - the irons are below the tube.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    An unpleasant surprise.

* T-1/2
    * H-1/2

What else?
    Someone did say 503g cowitness but you have to either cut an allen wrench or dremel the 503g. I'll go and add it anyway.

* T-1/2
    * H-1/2
    * 503g

BTW, both versions of the Aimpoint Micro CROM are in stock currently.

Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkbite View Post
    BTW, both versions of the Aimpoint Micro CROM are in stock currently.

Merry Christmas!
    Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    Where?
    Aridus industries.

https://www.aridusindustries.com/pro...nt-micro-crom/

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacca10 View Post
    @TCinVA

If you install the extension, you have to replace other parts as well to stay compliant with 922r, correct? Apologies if you have answered this elsewhere.
    I'm not TC, but yes. The problem is, Beretta isn't talking when asked what the other parts are.

We need somebody to detail strip old and new side by side and attempt to identify the parts that are different.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List