Page 274 of 680 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284324374 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by ydennekb View Post
    Sorry to get off topic but this is about the only place I trust for a good answer. I owned one of these years ago and it really seemed to kick the crap out of me, worse than an 870P I owned. So I’ve decided to give it another shot, picked one up today. My question is, do any of you tinker with the cast or drop? I’ve heard it suggested that adjusting these could alleviate the rough recoil I was experiencing before.
    Not to sound like a jerk but this is probably the softest shooting shotgun I've felt which I've heard echo'd here many times. Are you sure its not just more of a form issue than a cast/drop issue?

It’s ok, I was basically called a wuss last time I asked.

I guess it very well could be. Like I said, I have no problem with the recoil from an 870P, nor and 1895G in 45-70, or pretty much any other gun I’ve ever fired other than 375 H&H I shot once.

Quote Originally Posted by cmbarny2 View Post
    Not to sound like a jerk but this is probably the softest shooting shotgun I've felt which I've heard echo'd here many times. Are you sure its not just more of a form issue than a cast/drop issue?

It’s ok, I was basically called a wuss last time I asked.

I guess it very well could be. Like I said, I have no problem with the recoil from an 870P, nor and 1895G in 45-70, or pretty much any other gun I’ve ever fired other than 375 H&H I shot once.
    Weird. I generally don't like shotguns but the 1301 is a different one for me because its so light recoiling. I supposed it wouldnt hurt to try changing the drop and cast and see.

Site Supporter
    Sorry to get off topic but this is about the only place I trust for a good answer. I owned one of these years ago and it really seemed to kick the crap out of me, worse than an 870P I owned. So I’ve decided to give it another shot, picked one up today. My question is, do any of you tinker with the cast or drop? I’ve heard it suggested that adjusting these could alleviate the rough recoil I was experiencing before.
    ydennekb,
    Was the 'years ago' gun a 1201 (firm kicking inertia drive) or the current 1301 (soft kicking gas piston drive)?

Quote Originally Posted by paulw View Post
    ydennekb,
    Was the 'years ago' gun a 1201 (firm kicking inertia drive) or the current 1301 (soft kicking gas piston drive)?
    It was a 1301 for sure. Looking at the difference between the stock on a 1301 and my 870P, the one thing that jumps out at me is the length of pull. I really liked the short stock and don’t think I ever added a spacer, I think I may get stretch this one out for my first go round with it this weekend.

Where did you feel the recoil? One thing I've noticed about the OEM stock on a 1301 is the comb slopes down towards the butt. This could give the perception of more recoil because the stock is essentially being driven into your face with rearward movement.

Disclaimer: this is all hypothetical, I don't own a 1301, but I want one.

I want to say it was towards the top of my shoulder and I do believe I got some face slap from it too, but it's been a few years.
    I added the spacer to this one to get closer to the 870P length, I'll see how that works out tomorrow.

Site Supporter

Any 12-gauge (even a "mild recoiling" one) that doesn't fit you well could certainly be a problem, IMHO. P.E. Kelly wrote a fantastic article about shotgun fit, that came up in another thread recently. https://www.multigunmedia.com/shotgun-fit.pdf

One other thought, is the "rough recoil" you're experiencing in your shoulder, or on your face? FWIW, I have bony cheekbones, and often find that adding a thin sorbothane pad on the comb of the stock drastically increases my comfort level, especially with slugs, and also allows me to fine tune the comb height to get a faster sight picture. (https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...-prod7404.aspx)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    To e-stern and the Beretta Crew,

Of all the gun makers on this planet, who would I pick to make a reliable Tactical Box magazine Feed Shotgun. How about the company who has been making shotguns for about 5 centuries. So what is taking you so long to fix this need? I have 2 1301s, I love them and have recommended them to all my Brothers In Arms, but we all long for Beretta to step in fix the problem of the box magazine feed shotgun. I can dual load, and quad load but I would love to 5 and 10 load in about the same time. Please pay attention to the new political climate in DC as of next January, meaning I would not wait to long.
    Box magazines on shotguns have major reliability issues with a variety of loads. There is a reason why they aren't more popular.

Not to say we haven't experimented in this vein before, the M3P was the model:

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_M3P (Sorry the only WIKI I've found is in French).

http://guns.wikia.com/wiki/Beretta_M3P

Name:  BerettaM3P.jpg
Views: 1604
Size:  40.9 KB

Name:  berettam3p1.jpg
Views: 1610
Size:  42.9 KB

Don't take this as a no, I would personally LOVE to offer a 1301 with a box mag, but it's not something that is achieved easily and reliably to our standards.
    Last edited by e_stern; 12-06-2018 at 03:44 PM.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

I understand the Box magazine issues

Having done Combat Development while on active duty for my SF GP, I fully understand the issue of the magazine, or more correctly the magazine spring issue having to handle 10 shells with 1 1/4 oz of shot. I know the history from the Combat Shotgun experiments during the Vietnam war (Crane and China Lake had box magazine feed 870's decades before the current ones). How about looking outside the Gun Industry Box and look to say a Swiss Watch maker who deals with precise springs inside a watch, or an Olympic barbell maker who has to make a 20kg barbell that has to snap back to very tight tolerances after 500+ pounds are dropped repeatedly from over head, or offload automotive company who makes coil spring that help Trophy Trucks deal with a 40 inch tire and wheel assembly moving up and down over 600rpm when the truck is moving at over 140mph while racing the Baja. Beretta has the know how they just need a little outside the box thinking. Beretta = Shotguns. Take the Glock approach and look at it from outside the gun industry box.

User Tag List