Page 367 of 679 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377417467 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 6790

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have been thinking about this for a while, and discussed it with Darryl Bolke multiple times. We have the Rattler in a pack and the 1301 in a case. My wife is the Rattler person and me the 1301. Darryl points out that carbines are good, but Brenneke slugs are definitive. I keep buckshot in my shotgun when inside in the lower 48, but slugs outside everywhere and even inside in Alaska.
    Buckshot inside to minimize interior wall penetration? And slugs otherwise for maximizing immediate incapacitation? (Since I know Darryl is a fan of slugs for social engagements in most cases).
    Or other considerations?

I think I get the choice of the gauge over .300 BO if you are choosing...

But would you care to expand on the rationale for both choices?

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Buckshot inside to minimize interior wall penetration? And slugs otherwise for maximizing immediate incapacitation? (Since I know Darryl is a fan of slugs for social engagements in most cases).
    Or other considerations?

I think I get the choice of the gauge over .300 BO if you are choosing...

But would you care to expand on the rationale for both choices?
    I would go Brennekes inside, but my wife would be pissed what it would do to the house! If a bear got in, she would take the damage, though.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would go Brennekes inside, but my wife would be pissed what it would do to the house! If a bear got in, she would take the damage, though.
    Ah, got it.

My defensive shotgun envelope has always included both buckshot and slugs. For a while, around here FFC 8 pellet buckshot was unobtainable, while slugs were and are still widely available. This got me to wondering why even use buckshot? Slugs do everything buckshot does with more precision and more distance. If I am traveling anywhere in my truck, it is always with a slug loadout anyway. I understand the overpenetration thing in homes. Is there any other reason to use buckshot over slugs? I have slid into the "slug only" mindset, and want to make sure I am not missing something.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GNiner View Post
    My defensive shotgun envelope has always included both buckshot and slugs. For a while, around here FFC 8 pellet buckshot was unobtainable, while slugs were and are still widely available. This got me to wondering why even use buckshot? Slugs do everything buckshot does with more precision and more distance. If I am traveling anywhere in my truck, it is always with a slug loadout anyway. I understand the overpenetration thing in homes. Is there any other reason to use buckshot over slugs? I have slid into the "slug only" mindset, and want to make sure I am not missing something.
    My road deputies have the choice of 00 buck or slugs for their 870Ps and nearly all use slugs as the initial load.
    One projectile to be responsible for versus nine per trigger pull.

I’m not sure if this is the proper place but......my 1301T has the limited edition blue Airidus stock and hand guard adapters, came that way from the gentleman I purchased it from. Being that I’m not LE I’d be willing to do a trade for the standard black.

No problem if there’s no interest but I figured the blue may mean a bit more to someone else.

Are the 1301 Tactical mag tube threads the same as Benelli?

Scratch that last thread-a bunch of the Nordic kits hit the internet today.

After posting this in a different thread I want to add it here for future reference.

My son has an M4 so I can do a quick comparison to the 1301T...

These are both set up in a very similar configuration: 7rd tubes, 6rd side saddles, RMR mounts, WML's.

My 1301 as shown, 7 +1 loaded = 9lbs 2oz.

The M4 as shown, 7 +1 loaded = 10lbs 3oz.

AOL is as follows:

1301T is 37.25 inches w/ 12.125" LOP

M4 fully collapsed is 35 inches w/ 9.25" LOP

Mid-position is 38 inches w/ 12.25" LOP

Fully extended is 40 inches w/ 14.25" LOP

Camera pics tend to distort perspective but here's the M4 stock positions against the 1301T for what it's worth.

In my opinion the mid-position on the M4 stock makes any size difference a wash. Where the issues arise is with the weight and ergonomic differences... The Magpul SGA stock feels much better to me than the slightly awkward pistol grip of the M4 and the extra pound of weight is very noticeable. Plus building the 1301T will most certainly cost you less than blinging-out the M4.

So I was talking with a friend of mine recently, who also owns a 1301, regarding cleaning. I typically have Hoppes and G96 synthetic products around. He uses mainly Slip 2000 and Ballistol.
    I’m just curious what some others might be using for the barrel and the insides? Given the barrel is Steelium and contain nickel, I try not to use anything heavy duty on it.

Anyone have any experience with a certain product that works best, or a cleaning guideline they adhere to?

User Tag List