Page 288 of 678 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 6771

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I just read on a local gun forum that someone's 1301 had developed quite a bit of rust simply from a heavy rain shower. What is everyone's experience - do these guns tend to rust more easily than other shotguns?
    Anything is possible, but that would be very unlikely.

The barrel is coated in aquatech below the surface finish. It can develop basic surface corrosion, but it will not be significant and will usually wipe off with nothing more than oil and a rag.

Fire control components are mostly aquatech coated, same deal.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    How would the Comp Pro be banned? It has a 2+1 capacity in the United States.
    My apologies. I forgot the 1301 Pro Comp is neutered and doesn't include the mag extension it's often pictured with in marketing materials.

A 1301 without a magazine extension or the pistol grip stock should be AWB proof, at least initially. Trying to ban the kind of auto loading shotguns that people use to hunt ducks is a bridge to far on the initial attempt at getting an AWB reinstated. If an initial AWB passes, I have no doubt that a more restrictive one won’t be far behind, likely within the next couple of years.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I would suggest an Extra Full turkey choke. See here: https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/ber...2-12ga/c622hp/
    In regards to the forcing cone in 1301 Tactical Gen 2 Steelium Optima bore HP - is it similar to the Comp Pro of 80mm forcing cone or more like other Beretta Steelium barrels (692 for instance) with a 65mm forcing cone?

Love to see it with a Steelium Plus 360mm forcing cone like the A400's but hey I'm just thrilled to have more than the 3/4" forcing cone that many other shotguns come with.

Many thanks for your time and expertise!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M1KL83 View Post
    In regards to the forcing cone in 1301 Tactical Gen 2 Steelium Optima bore HP - is it similar to the Comp Pro of 80mm forcing cone or more like other Beretta Steelium barrels (692 for instance) with a 65mm forcing cone?

Love to see it with a Steelium Plus 360mm forcing cone like the A400's but hey I'm just thrilled to have more than the 3/4" forcing cone that many other shotguns come with.

Many thanks for your time and expertise!
    Just to clarify, the standard Optima HP w/Steelium Forcing Cone length is 65mm. The 692 has Optima HP w/Steelium Plus which is 360MM. This is echoed in the A400 Xtreme Plus and yields a super consistent pattern and hugely reduced recoil over a traditional 3/4" forcing cone and even our standard Steelium Forcing Cone.

The top grade of our backboring (forcing cone length) is the Steelium Pro which is 480MM. This is used in our Olympic grade DT11 series.

https://imgur.com/a/Rfnb432

All current 1301 shotguns feature 65MM Steelium barrels utilizing the Optima HP pattern of choke (unless fixed choke, in which case they just have the Steelium forcing cone and no removable choke).
    Last edited by e_stern; 08-21-2019 at 08:55 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    My apologies. I forgot the 1301 Pro Comp is neutered and doesn't include the mag extension it's often pictured with in marketing materials.
    Unfortunately we cannot import it non-compliant with Federal Migratory Bird law.

Just to clarify, the standard Optima HP w/Steelium Forcing Cone length is 65mm. The 692 has Optima HP w/Steelium Plus which is 360MM. This is echoed in the A400 Xtreme Plus and yields a super consistent pattern and hugely reduced recoil over a traditional 3/4" forcing cone and even our standard Steelium Forcing Cone.

The top grade of our backboring (forcing cone length) is the Steelium Pro which is 480MM. This is used in our Olympic grade DT11 series.

https://imgur.com/a/Rfnb432

All current 1301 shotguns feature 65MM Steelium barrels utilizing the Optima HP pattern of choke (unless fixed choke, in which case they just have the Steelium forcing cone and no removable choke).
    My sincerest apologies for spreading misinformation; I misquoted the website last night in regards to the 692. I meant to and should have written 686/687 as those are the models I see listed for the 65mm forcing cone Steelium barrel.

That's great to know the length of 1301 focing cone; thank you kind Sir!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M1KL83 View Post
    My sincerest apologies for spreading misinformation; I misquoted the website last night in regards to the 692. I meant to and should have written 686/687 as those are the models I see listed for the 65mm forcing cone Steelium barrel.

That's great to know the length of 1301 focing cone; thank you kind Sir!
    No worries. I just don't have a graphic calling out the Semis.

A400 series (Outside of Xtreme Plus) and 1301 Series all are the same geometry as the 686/687.

1301 Gladius

Beretta,

When are you coming out with the 1301 Gladius (Beretta's version of the V3 Tac 13)?

Go Youtube what people are doing with the birds head pistol gripped short barreled shotguns, hunting deer and hogs, clay shooting, rapid fire, slugs out to 80 yds, 6 inch spread at 50 yards with Federal Flight Control 00 buckshot, s Gun competitions, home defense and backwoods defense.

I have my 1301 Comp and Tactical, the 1301 Gladius would round out the gang.

Yes it would be a devestating personal defense Short Sword that would keep Pax Romana with any barbarians in the neighborhood.

1301 Gladius

So will Beretta get a short barreled pistol gripped version of the 1301, like the Tac 13, out before any type of bans?

User Tag List