Page 378 of 385 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 3848

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    What barrel clamp is that? Is it possible to use longer bolts to secure the magpul mount to the clamp using the same holes in the clamp. Drill the magpul mount to match?
    It is a Nordic clamp. The screw holes on the Magpul are super close but not exact. Its about a 1/4 width of a screw head off. You could drill a new hole in the center but I am not sure how much that would weaken it. There are a few ways you could prob make it work though. Pity b/c the one thing I believe the Nordic clamp requires is a cantilever mount. The Scout interface on the Magpul is a bonus. I dunno if a 3d print guy could make something up that would hold up to the strain but so far this approach looks good.

Ideally a similar mount but with correct screw spacing (either using the 2 nordic clamp screws or a combination of one mount screw and the center accessory screw hole) would work. If you used the 2 mounting holes on the Nordic you would have to shorten one Nordic screw so you could mount the cantilever rail from the other side using the same hole. I am not sure you are gaining much from the 870 type mount but I'll hopefully know for sure later today. Ideally I had hoped to use the Scout interface vs a Picatinny rail clamp.

Ok, minor update. Taking into account GearFondler's comment I tried to twist the mount by hand. It will rotate with some force. It likely wouldn't hold up to recoil. I decided to shave the recoil lugs down so the bottom was flat and I would have more surface area contacting the clamp. This caused the mount to interfere in the bottom rear corner with the forearm slightly. A quick shave with the dremel to take that corner down a bit and it all fits together nice and tight. It is very low profile and would be even more so with a Scout mounted light. The light is aimed well and not too far outboard of the barrel even with a clamp mount. This particular light isn't hitting my new front sight so it won't charge the glow in the dark chevron. I little wider throw or perhaps a Scout mounted light will help recharge the front sight. My IWC mount on my M4 does that and its nice b/c its just enough light to charge the sight but the majority is on target.

Shaving down the lugs allowed for a lot more solid contact with the clamp surface and it isn't budging now when I try to torque on it. I am sure that others can come up with a more solid way to mount this. I suppose you could even build up some epoxy or glue a block where it overhangs the clamp and that would prohibit twist even more. Ideally a guy with a drill press could drill out a secondary screw hole or even fix the two existing ones but that would bring the mount further forward. The forearm interference would no longer be an issue then but the light might be too far forward to use anything short. I will be testing it out this weekend so we shall see how it holds up with my cheapo S&W light. My intention is to use a Scout light with a remote so light placement isn't as critical as long as its not past the muzzle.

FYI I just got this email notification
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by sigfla View Post
    FYI I just got this email notification
    Already out of stock

That was fast. Hit my inbox at 9:45 am.

Thatís exactly what happened to me until one time I saw the e-mail notification almost immediately after it was sent. You have to move fast!
    The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.* Thucydides 471BC

"Hey! Let's be careful out there." Sgt Phil Esterhaus played by Michael Conrad

Taking a defensive shotgun class tomorrow. I am using my M4 and my 1301. Iíll have a chance to test the light mount as it sits. I did however come up with a cleaner and more solid solution. If you could screw the Magpul mount to a flat bar that would extend its length a bit and also act as a short spacer to lift the mount off of the clamp slightly. You could use several of the Nordic screws to attach it to the clamp. This would then allow you to control where (how far back) the rail section sits on the forearm. Using a Surefire pro model light you could then adjust its placement hugging as close or as far from the barrel as you wanted mounting it to the rail section. I am going to see if I can fab something up later.

Vladís angle iron mount inspired me but I am just no good at working with metal.

Hi everyone, new to the forum. Really glad i found this thread. Great info and feedback 🍻

I'm in the market for a semi auto and the 1301 tac is at the top of the list right now. Want to ask a quick question, might be stupid, but I rather be sure.

I don't like the bulk of the factory rear sight and would like to replace it with an Aridus CROM. Likely won't mount a RDS, but rather use the ghost ring (Rob Haught Mod). From pictures it looks like the CROM is lower than the factory rear sight. Is there enough adjustment in the rear ghost ring sight on the CROM to still use with factory front sight? Such that you can still zero the ghost ring sights?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sigfla View Post
    Taking a defensive shotgun class tomorrow. I am using my M4 and my 1301. Iíll have a chance to test the light mount as it sits. I did however come up with a cleaner and more solid solution. If you could screw the Magpul mount to a flat bar that would extend its length a bit and also act as a short spacer to lift the mount off of the clamp slightly. You could use several of the Nordic screws to attach it to the clamp. This would then allow you to control where (how far back) the rail section sits on the forearm. Using a Surefire pro model light you could then adjust its placement hugging as close or as far from the barrel as you wanted mounting it to the rail section. I am going to see if I can fab something up later.

Vladís angle iron mount inspired me but I am just no good at working with metal.
    Have fun at the class, let us know how the light/mount works. In fact if you want, we have an After Action Report sub forum here where you could post your experiences and thoughts of the class.

User Tag List