Page 268 of 675 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 6746

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post

** Sidenote: I wish PF had better tools for reading through threads... when you get to multiple hundred pages it is VERY TIME CONSUMING! Other forums allow download to PDF or view with a responses in one mega long thread... are there any tools to help make this valuable information more accessible?

JDP
    @Tom_Jones
    Last edited by UNK; 10-20-2018 at 01:15 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Not that I'm currently aware of.
    Thank you for taking the time to respond Tom. I am going to do some research to see what I can find. Don't mean to derail 1301 discussion. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    Best deal I found came from Arms Unlimited. It's not as cheap as the $750 deals going on at the first of the year but it's hundreds of dollars less than a Gen 2. If you don't need the ability to change chokes it's a good deal. Note that their webpages for the Tactical and LE versions have the SKUs and URLs switched. If you order the cheaper model you are not getting a mag extension or pistol-grip stock (Use your common sense). I emailed them to advise them of the errors but they haven't been corrected as of today. No connection to the company,

Turns out my gun is kind of a hybrid. Bolt release is the Gen 2 type. I can still puke shells out of the tube by pulling the front of the release out but it's a very deliberate act to do it. It's got a Gen 1 barrel without choke threads. Ghost ring sights.

I added a Nordic +2 extension and Mesa Tactical pistol-grip stock (bad wrist) so I basically converted mine into an LE version. It was easier wife-wise to get the cheaper gun and buy the upgrade parts later.
    I bought the pistol grip stock LE only version from a dealer about a month ago. Has all the Gen 2 features minus the barrel with interchangeable chokes. When I asked Beretta customer service why their website listed the barrel had a choke of OCHP, they said the LE version only comes in cylinder bore. They said their website had OCHP listed as a choke because that's the diameter bore they make the barrel as opposed to the Mobilchoke diameter. I didn't quite understand the point seeing as the LE version has Gen 2 everything except the barrel and it's listed on their site with a choke.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dfeder530 View Post
    I bought the pistol grip stock LE only version from a dealer about a month ago. Has all the Gen 2 features minus the barrel with interchangeable chokes. When I asked Beretta customer service why their website listed the barrel had a choke of OCHP, they said the LE version only comes in cylinder bore. They said their website had OCHP listed as a choke because that's the diameter bore they make the barrel as opposed to the Mobilchoke diameter. I didn't quite understand the point seeing as the LE version has Gen 2 everything except the barrel and it's listed on their site with a choke.
    The LE SKU DOES have a choke, but it is a fixed C. BDT chose to eliminate removable choke tubes from the LE SKU as agencies will generally not go with removable chokes and the LE SKU is intended only for LEA/LEOs. OCHP refers to the Optima Choke HP barrel geometry, which is Backbored as with removable OBHP guns, but is otherwise a fixed IC choke.

I'll have the website updated to make that more clear.

Commercial SKUs all have removable choke tubes in the Optima High Performance pattern.

For reference:
    J131T18C
    J131T18G
    J131T18M
    J131T18F

All of the above are Commercial SKUs and all have all Gen 2 features, including removable choke tubes.
    Last edited by e_stern; 10-22-2018 at 09:39 PM.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    ... the LE SKU is intended only for LEA/LEOs.
    Hey, I'm betting you would know this. Was discussed a long time ago in this thread, but I'm not sure it was resolved with any certainty. My understanding is that the LE SKU, because it includes the mag extension kit, would violate 922(r) if it was sold to a non-LE user without the mag extension being removed, or something else done (e.g., Briley trigger group installed) to get the "listed features" count sufficiently low prior to transferring it. And that would be in all territories of the US. It's a very different situation than Vista Outdoors just having a business policy about how it wants distribution to work. Is that the official situation, or am I missing something?
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 10-24-2018 at 05:53 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Hey, I'm betting you would know this. Was discussed a long time ago in this thread, but I'm not sure it was resolved with any certainty. My understanding is that the LE SKU, because it includes the mag extension kit, would violate 922(r) if it was sold to a non-LE user without the mag extension being removed, or something else done (e.g., Briley trigger group installed) to get the "listed features" count sufficiently low prior to transferring it. And that would be in all territories of the US. It's a very different situation than Vista Outdoors just having a business policy about how it wants distribution to work. Is that the official situation, or am I missing something?
    I know you are quite concerned with the 922(r) as it pertains to the magazine extensions and what not, I remember your posts from a few months back - I doubt Eric is going to give you legal advice regarding it -

That being said, when they are in stock, you can buy factory equipped as shown here:
    https://www.armsunlimited.com/Berett...-p/j131p18.htm

And unlike Benelli's absolutely asinine "policy" of "Law Enforcement Only" on most pistol grip and/or magazine extension models, I don't see any disclaimer on a normal citizen purchasing the 1301T as linked.

Btw, aren't Benelli and Beretta owned together or in the same company? Feel like I read that somewhere, and I'm thankful for having a Beretta rep on this board and on this thread, so with that being said, please pass my regards to management that as a consumer and potential buyer, it really burns my rear to see on an M2/M4 Tac "LE SALES ONLY" from many online Benelli vendors. I read somewhere and someone can confirm if I'm wrong, that basically Benelli adopted the policy from the '94 AWB and kept it in place, which double burns my rear.

Took my PD's shotgun user class this week, it was a 2 day class. I was the only semi-auto of the 6 of us that actually took it and just about everyone drooled and fondled my 1301 (with all the Aridus pieces). The instructors were worried when they realized they only had low brass #8 Estate shells for manipulation training but the 1301 ran them like a champ. Over the two days we ran about 210 shells total with about 70 of that being slugs on day 2. Part of those slugs were Winchester Ranger Slugs, which were some of the dirtiest rounds I've ever fired. Due to where the spring is and the mlok slots on the Aridus forend my left hand turned black (literally) from them. Was extremely pleased with how my 1301 ran though as thats the most I've put through it in a short period and it was rather dirty after the Rangers and it kept on chugging along.

How hard are these on optics? Also, whats different between the Tactical and the Comp, besides iron sights and barrel?
    Last edited by Super77; 10-28-2018 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    How hard are these on optics? Also, whats different between the Tactical and the Comp, besides iron sights and barrel?
    A mere sample of one but closing in on 2K thru my 1301T that’s been rocking an AP T1 since day one w/ zero issues.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    To the best of my knowledge LE SKU's are supposed to be sold only to LE agencies or officers with the appropriate clearance.

Wholesalers and retailers have been known to ignore that from time to time.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List