Page 396 of 675 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398406446496 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 6745

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    If the Benelli/1301 were the only weapon one had, besides maybe a revolver, I would agree. But it’s precisely that extra step of having to push some special button or another to release a shell onto the carrier before attempting to chamber a round that is so potentially confusing (and annoying to me), because virtually no other repeating firearm has such a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The flip side, is that feature allows you to quickly and efficiently clear the chamber, while keeping the magazine tube loaded. It also allows you to select shot/buck/slug as desired without having to leave a space in the tube. It allows you to make the ready process harder for someone unfamiliar, which I consider an advantage. It allows you to walk around with a shell released, or even quasi chambered where the base of the shell is in but part of the load is out the chamber.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    If the Benelli/1301 were the only weapon one had, besides maybe a revolver, I would agree. But it’s precisely that extra step of having to push some special button or another to release a shell onto the carrier before attempting to chamber a round that is so potentially confusing (and annoying to me), because virtually no other repeating firearm has such a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    But here’s the thing - you don’t have to do that under time pressure. Load the gun, and then release a shell onto the carrier (or ghost-load one, it you’re feeling froggy). That leaves you with a “cruiser ready” gun - so when the moment comes, you pick it up, run the bolt to chamber a round, and go to work.

I choose to keep the mag full and the carrier empty, so I have TWO “switch actions” to get to a hot gun. But I also spent many nights, as I dropped off to sleep, mentally rehearsing those actions, so there was no doubt in my mind what I needed to do to bring the 1301T into action if required. I’m completely comfortable that I will not be confused if I need to do it under pressure.

ETA- It seems I paraphrased @GJM before I refreshed and read his post.
    I keep the carrier empty for the same reason- to make it that much more difficult for someone unfamiliar to chamber a round.
    Last edited by GyroF-16; 05-17-2021 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboytim View Post
    Yes Balisong, I beg your pardon. You certainly can skip that step and just load one on top of the lifter, and rack the bolt to chamber it when needed. That would give you 8 in the gun with the 2 round extension. 🤓👍
    Thank you sir, that's very good to know as I'm quite interested in having a lifter that stays up out of the way once the gun is being shot to make reloads easier on the hands/fingers.

@rob_s very good points about the initial cost difference of pumps vs semi. I guess it didn't cross my mind due to the current ammo prices making the actual gun cost virtually negligible if one is going to do any amount of shooting of it lol.

@TCinVA thanks as always for your informative input. Now get to Phoenix so I can take your damn class!

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Thank you sir, that's very good to know as I'm quite interested in having a lifter that stays up out of the way once the gun is being shot to make reloads easier on the hands/fingers.

@rob_s very good points about the initial cost difference of pumps vs semi. I guess it didn't cross my mind due to the current ammo prices making the actual gun cost virtually negligible if one is going to do any amount of shooting of it lol.

@TCinVA thanks as always for your informative input. Now get to Phoenix so I can take your damn class!
    Phoenix is where Matt Haught roams, not me. Farthest west we're going is Oklahoma next month, if you can make that.

Matt's ok. He's nowhere near as pretty as me, though, so if you are in class with him it won't be quite the religious experience that accompanies the pleasures of my visage in person.
    3/15/2016

Quick question, in case anyone knows....

Is the “manual of arms” (Aka, buttons, levers, switches and the operation and function thereof) the same on the 1301 as it is on our a390s? Maybe with the sizes and shapes slightly different but otherwise the same? Such that if I wanted to experiment with all this “ghost loading” business I could do so with our 390s, see how I feel about it, show it to the wife and see what her thoughts are, and then decide about buying a 1301 to replace the 870 based on which she thinks is easier to manipulate and get into action?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Quick question, in case anyone knows....

Is the “manual of arms” (Aka, buttons, levers, switches and the operation and function thereof) the same on the 1301 as it is on our a390s? Maybe with the sizes and shapes slightly different but otherwise the same? Such that if I wanted to experiment with all this “ghost loading” business I could do so with our 390s, see how I feel about it, show it to the wife and see what her thoughts are, and then decide about buying a 1301 to replace the 870 based on which she thinks is easier to manipulate and get into action?
    You should be able to. The way to check is to put a shell or a dummy in the magazine tube, then press the carrier stop push button at the back of the lifter and see if that shell pops on to the lifter. Then see if it will pick up that shell when you just run the bolt.

If it does both of those things...and it should...that's exactly how it would work with the 1301.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Phoenix is where Matt Haught roams, not me. Farthest west we're going is Oklahoma next month, if you can make that.

Matt's ok. He's nowhere near as pretty as me, though, so if you are in class with him it won't be quite the religious experience that accompanies the pleasures of my visage in person.
    Sadly, my receding hairline simply cannot compete with the epic mane of TC.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Not that I recommend it, but if the “wife” can’t find the shell release button to charge the shotgun, pulling the trigger releases the shell from the magazine tube.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    He's nowhere near as pretty as me, though, so if you are in class with him it won't be quite the religious experience that accompanies the pleasures of my visage in person.
    I bet you say that to all the girls…. 😜

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Sadly, my receding hairline simply cannot compete with the epic mane of TC.
    I guess I'll just have to settle.

User Tag List