Page 330 of 675 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340380430 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 6748

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Hi, I'm new here and ready to pull the trigger on a 1301 tactical. I've owned a few Benellis in the past but I'm returning to the fold after 15 years of spending my hobby money elsewhere

I'm kind of torn between the black and the marine finish. I really like the idea of the increased durability and ease of maintenance. Any marine finish owners want to give their opinions? If it was a true Cerakote or NP3 finish it would not even be a question, but I am amazed at how little info there is on the "Aqua-Tech" coating.

My second question concerns the Nordic extension. I'm surprised no one has made a full length tube to replace the factory one. This would eliminate a few extra parts plus make 922r easier to manage. Is there some technical issue I'm missing?

Apologies for thread drift. Does anyone know if the regular 1301 Comp Gen 2 has the updated bolt release or is that only on the Comp Pro?
    Thanks!

It cost me a little but in case anyone else was wondering about the Gen 2 Comp bolt release.

Name:  1301 Comp 24.jpg
Views: 1585
Size:  90.6 KB

I've got a Nordic kit somewhere from my previous 1301. I'll put it on whenever I find it.

| 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

So, I recently bought an Aimpoint H-2 and an Aridus CROM for my Gen 2 1301T. I have two issues with this setup, and I am hoping someone here can assist me.

First, I zeroed the gun at 50 yards with slugs using the Aimpoint. It is good to go as far as that goes. When I got home, I pulled it out and went to adjust the irons to match the Aimpoint dot. That does not seem to be possible. If I look through the ghost ring aperture and center the front sight, the dot is hanging way up in the air above the front sight. I have tried to lower the rear aperture to make it work, but I am out of adjustment. The front sight does not appear adjustable for elevation. Based on my experience with AR's and similar, I expect a cowitness setup to mean that I can look through the irons, and the dot is sitting right on top of or in the middle of the the front sight. So, one of two things is going on here. Either, 1) my expectations are wrong, or 2) I installed the sight and mount wrong. Any help? Do others have the same issue?

Second, and I guess this is minor, but the sight would not fit on the mount with the included flip-up caps installed. So, I removed them. I ordered a T-1/H-1 style bikini cover. That doesn't really work either. There just isn't enough clearance around the mount and rear ghost ring for it to work. What do others use for a cover for the Aimpoint to prevent damage in storage and transport?

Thanks. Photos below.
    Name:  Crom1.jpg
Views: 1386
Size:  78.3 KB
    Name:  Crom2.jpg
Views: 1314
Size:  51.3 KB
    Name:  Crom3.jpg
Views: 1304
Size:  31.3 KB

For cowitness, I got it close and called it good. I think my point of impact is also quite high. I might need to revist but honestly, I never found myself looking through the rear peep. It required me to put my head too far down on the stock. EDIT: Note that one of the screws adjusts the rear for elevation. In case you didn't figure that out; see https://www.aridusindustries.com/wp-...structions.png

I do not cover my H-1. For this gun, it's on all the time and ready to use.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    For cowitness, I got it close and called it good. I think my point of impact is also quite high. I might need to revist but honestly, I never found myself looking through the rear peep. It required me to put my head too far down on the stock. EDIT: Note that one of the screws adjusts the rear for elevation. In case you didn't figure that out; see https://www.aridusindustries.com/wp-...structions.png

I do not cover my H-1. For this gun, it's on all the time and ready to use.
    Thanks. I have the rear sight turned down as far as it will go. This may be a non issue at practical ranges anyway. I am pretty much just going to load the gun with federal flight control buckshot anyway. But I want to make sure I have it set up optimally.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattF. View Post
    So, I recently bought an Aimpoint H-2 and an Aridus CROM for my Gen 2 1301T. I have two issues with this setup, and I am hoping someone here can assist me.

First, I zeroed the gun at 50 yards with slugs using the Aimpoint. It is good to go as far as that goes. When I got home, I pulled it out and went to adjust the irons to match the Aimpoint dot. That does not seem to be possible. If I look through the ghost ring aperture and center the front sight, the dot is hanging way up in the air above the front sight. I have tried to lower the rear aperture to make it work, but I am out of adjustment. The front sight does not appear adjustable for elevation. Based on my experience with AR's and similar, I expect a cowitness setup to mean that I can look through the irons, and the dot is sitting right on top of or in the middle of the the front sight. So, one of two things is going on here. Either, 1) my expectations are wrong, or 2) I installed the sight and mount wrong. Any help? Do others have the same issue?
    From the Aridus website:

" Covers must be removed to work with the H2/T2. Note: The zero of a shotgun is very dependent on the specific barrel and ammunition used. While the XS rear sight allows for a wide range of adjustment, we cannot necessarily guarantee a perfect co-witness. However, all testing has shown excellent usability with a variety of loads and guns."

Given the variations that are present in shotguns (even Berettas) and the ammo we feed into them, sooner or later you're going to run into a specimen where the variation in all those things causes some issues.

The important thing is whether or not you can get your irons zeroed on their own. If you don't have a perfect lower 1/3 cowitness but you do have a useful zero for your irons and your dot, it should be good enough to see you through.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by MattF. View Post

Second, and I guess this is minor, but the sight would not fit on the mount with the included flip-up caps installed. So, I removed them. I ordered a T-1/H-1 style bikini cover. That doesn't really work either. There just isn't enough clearance around the mount and rear ghost ring for it to work. What do others use for a cover for the Aimpoint to prevent damage in storage and transport?

Name:  Crom2.jpg
Views: 1314
Size:  51.3 KB
    Name:  Crom3.jpg
Views: 1304
Size:  31.3 KB
    If you really want to use the bikini cover, notch or excise the rubber at 6 o'clock until it fits in place.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    If you really want to use the bikini cover, notch or excise the rubber at 6 o'clock until it fits in place.
    Chuck nailed it, my solution quite sometime back.

User Tag List