Page 670 of 680 FirstFirst ... 170570620660668669670671672 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,700 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Aimpoint makes the Acro S2 that comes out of the box ready to mount on a vent rib. It has a 9 MOA dot supposedly because it's better for wing/clay shooting.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    I think an S1 would be simpler and sit lower.
    Fer sure, apparently they are on sale now, but were $800 MSRP.

Name:  S-1.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  27.7 KB

A Mossberg 500 out of the used rack, with a shortened VR barrel and the Warne mount under a Romeo5, perhaps with the SGA for a little extra cheek riser, might be a nice rig.

I didn't have my S1 handy, but I just compared a T1 and an Acro, and have a slight preference for the Acro, as it doesn't have the top elevation turret and side intensity knob to block down range view. Not sure about 9 moa, but would have to shoot it to know. I assume both are equally reliable, or the Acro more so, since designed for a reciprocating slide. Also assume both would sit equally low on the rib?

Name:  IMG_7197.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  55.0 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Fer sure, apparently they are on sale now, but were $800 MSRP.

Name:  S-1.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  27.7 KB

A Mossberg 500 out of the used rack, with a shortened VR barrel and the Warne mount under a Romeo5, perhaps with the SGA for a little extra cheek riser, might be a nice rig.
    How much is a adapter+stock+rib mount+dot? (Versus an S1) Unless one doesn’t like factory stock.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It seems like the three gun guys are mostly using vent ribs with some rudimentary sights sunk into the rib. Since they are all about speed/accuracy (a miss that causes a reload with the shotgun is a time killer), they believe it is the best sighting system or they would do something else.
    Some of this might depend on the rules package, I could be wrong but Tactical Optics under some sanctioning bodies might mean an optic on only the rifle. I have received mixed signals on this, but when I went to a pistol optic it was my understanding that it boosted me into Open, so I went ahead and put an MRO on my 1301C. I decided if I was not going to win TacOps I might as well not win in Open, and take advantage of the optics (as a old guy beginner I want to make things more easy, I do not need additional challenges...).

I am glad it worked out this way, because I have enjoyed the optic on the shotgun, and it has changed my way of thinking a bit, enough so that I am in the process of setting up a new 590 with an optic. I will still probably still get another 1301T or A300 at some point, but I am going to spend this supper doing more pump gun work. I bought the 590 and a companion 500, doing the SGA on both of them. The 500 is a two barrel set, going to attempt skeet with the 26in VR, and will have the simple 18in barrel I will probably just put a XS bead on. OTOH I am throwing all kinds of accessories onto the 590.

This thread has drifted in a productive manner, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    How much is a adapter+stock+rib mount+dot? (Versus an S1) Unless one doesn’t like factory stock.
    Looks like about half, at the sale price:

Name:  Half.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  13.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Remember my use case is different, walking around in AK with the shotgun in my hands. Seems like it rains more than not there.

That means a sealed emitter, and I have T1/T2 micros on various shotguns, but I would be open to a 509T.
    509T is a great choice

No it won't really cowitness with rear if you care about that but you'll have a working front sight to go off of if the solar panel dies and the battery dies in conjunction

I think it sits a bit more proud because of the RMR plate adapter as well, so maybe a small riser may be needed (which doesn't seem to be the case with 507/508 series)

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    509T is a great choice

No it won't really cowitness with rear if you care about that but you'll have a working front sight to go off of if the solar panel dies and the battery dies in conjunction

I think it sits a bit more proud because of the RMR plate adapter as well, so maybe a small riser may be needed (which doesn't seem to be the case with 507/508 series)
    I'm running a 509T, with this plate, on my 1301T. It's lower 1/3 cowitness with the factory rear sight.

https://farrow.tech/beretta-1301-a30...ounting-plate/

That is actually really nice! I have been debating blacking out the circles on the factory rear and keeping it (and that plate is a great option for the 509T)

Or the RMR CROM - but from what I've seen the cowitness does not work as well with the CROM and 509T unless someone tells me otherwise - again, not the biggest deal with a 509T with the sealed housing, solar backup, etc -

Are you using a riser with the 509T and that plate on your stock (I assume using SGA)

Anyone have the inside scoop on when the NEW Aridus handguards will be available? I’ve been checking daily on their site with no luck, but I did score one of their stock adapters a few weeks ago.

User Tag List