Page 298 of 678 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348398 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 6771

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Definitely.

I don't like the look of any of those patterns after 10-yards.

GearFondler, what choke were using for those patterning pics? I've never patterned FC but I've read they spread more worser as you progress away from cylinder.

If it has been previously discussed in this thread, I can't find it. Has anyone actually run an MRO on their 1301T? I like the MRO for its larger field of view, available green dot, and lower cost. I am not seeing any low profile mounts, so I guess I would be just using the Trijicon low mount on the Beretta factory rail.

Has anyone tried it? Does the MRO hold up to the recoil? Can you get a reasonable cheek-weld with the Magpul stock?
    Last edited by Gray Ghost; 10-13-2019 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Definitely.

I don't like the look of any of those patterns after 10-yards.

Bear in mind that IPSC/USPSA targets are very generous with respect to actual target zones. Your 10-yard patterns are what I would like to see at 12-15 yards.

Attachment 43610
    I really like the idea of checking pattern on that target. Any recommendations on a good source for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I really like the idea of checking pattern on that target. Any recommendations on a good source for them?
    That's Viking Tactics' target - http://www.vikingtactics.com/category-s/1842.htm

A 100 of them for 60 bucks, not super cheap, but not terribly expensive either, in the scheme of things. They are double sided too, so some extra utility if you have a paster.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MattF. View Post
    If it has been previously discussed in this thread, I can't find it. Has anyone actually run an MRO on their 1301T? I like the MRO for its larger field of view, available green dot, and lower cost. I am not seeing any low profile mounts, so I guess I would be just using the Trijicon low mount on the Beretta factory rail.

Has anyone tried it? Does the MRO hold up to the recoil? Can you get a reasonable cheek-weld with the Magpul stock?
    I use an RMO on my 1301T with the Magpul stock. The low mounts for Aimpoints are just too low for me- have me craning my neck down and forward to look through.
    I’ve been very pleased with the MRO, but probably don’t have much more than 100 rds with it on. Attachment 43627
    Last edited by GyroF-16; 10-13-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I use an RMO on my 1301T with the Magpul stock. The low mounts for Aimpoints are just too low for me- have me craning my neck down and forward to look through.
    I’ve been very pleased with the MRO, but probably don’t have much more than 100 rds with it on. Attachment 43627
    Thanks much. Is that the standard comb that comes with the stock, or did you add a higher one? Can you see the sights through the optic? Lower 1/3 co-witness maybe?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MattF. View Post
    Thanks much. Is that the standard comb that comes with the stock, or did you add a higher one? Can you see the sights through the optic? Lower 1/3 co-witness maybe?
    That is a higher comb... One step above the standard one, if I remember correctly.
    I have an aftermarket chevron front sight
    Found here: https://www.blitzkriegcomponents.com...uctCode=BNCFSW

It sits a bit higher than the stock white dot.

Yes, my front sight is visible in the MRO FOV. The MRO dot is considerably above the chevron, but I can see the chevron. The dot is maybe 3 “chevron heights” above the peak of the chevron. (Working from memory here... I’ll check tomorrow and post if that’s significantly off).

Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    GearFondler, what choke were using for those patterning pics? I've never patterned FC but I've read they spread more worser as you progress away from cylinder.
    It's the cylinder bore choke that Beretta installs in the Gen2 1301.
    With FC I don't see how a tighter choke could do any good at all since the shot should still be in the wad as it leaves the barrel, at least as I understand things.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    With FC I don't see how a tighter choke could do any good at all since the shot should still be in the wad as it leaves the barrel, at least as I understand things.
    Agreed. I've read that the a tighter choke actually makes the pattern worse because it strips the shot cup off as the load goes through it.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    You never know. Usually it turns out that more constriction causes problems, but it may turn out to do something different with your barrel and FC1.

It could be worth taking a chance on a Skeet or IC choke and seeing if it helps or hurts. This is one of those things where experimentation plays a role. And one reason why I strongly prefer defensive shotguns to have screw-in chokes. Though we usually do not see improvement with Flight Control and more choke, shotgun barrels are f'ing weird and sometimes that's precisely what we need.

Bearing in mind almost all of our experience with flight control wads + more choke causing issues is with 00. It could make a difference with smaller #1 pellets. Or it could make it worse.

If'n it were me, I'd get some 8-pellet 00 FC and some 9-pellet 00 FC, and a skeet and IC choke and see what I could get.

User Tag List