Page 317 of 678 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327367417 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 6778

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    That one, or this one: https://shop.carriercomp.com/product.sc?productId=14

Or the Domed version from Nordic but nobody knows how to purchase that version.
    I certainly think that $20 (before shipping) is much more reasonable than $30 for a domed, anodized follower.

Anyone have experience with using the Carrier Comp item?

Updated to add: Carrier Comp is $25 shipped, and Freedom Fighter is $42. That’s a pretty significant difference.

I threw down and ordered the Carrier Comp follower.
    Last edited by GyroF-16; 02-08-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I certainly think that $20 (before shipping) is much more reasonable than $30 for a domed, anodized follower.

Anyone have experience with using the Carrier Comp item?

Updated to add: Carrier Comp is $25 shipped, and Freedom Fighter is $42. That’s a pretty significant difference.
    The CarrierComp version is what I went with and it seems to work great but I still have less than 50 rounds on it so far, but I really can't imagine how it could go wrong.
    The only issue with CarrierComp is their weird ordering process... They call you back to get your payment on the phone. But I've ordered twice from them so far with no issue and quick shipping despite the minor aggravation of waiting for them to call for payment.

The CarrierComp version is what I went with and it seems to work great but I still have less than 50 rounds on it so far, but I really can't imagine how it could go wrong.
    The only issue with CarrierComp is their weird ordering process... They call you back to get your payment on the phone. But I've ordered twice from them so far with no issue and quick shipping despite the minor aggravation of waiting for them to call for payment.
    I just ordered mine from them yesterday. I received a confirmation email saying they would call me back within a couple of days for payment. Nice to hear from a previous customer that they had no issues. It’s nice working with small business folks. I’m a patient man... 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboytim View Post
    I just ordered mine from them yesterday. I received a confirmation email saying they would call me back within a couple of days for payment. Nice to hear from a previous customer that they had no issues. It’s nice working with small business folks. I’m a patient man... [emoji106]
    Just a heads-up, my last order was placed on a Saturday and I received the call-back from a very friendly lady on Sunday evening... My point being that the call won't necessarily come during traditional business hours/days.

Just a heads-up, my last order was placed on a Saturday and I received the call-back from a very friendly lady on Sunday evening... My point being that the call won't necessarily come during traditional business hours/days.
    Thanks GF, that works for me... 😎👍

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I think I’ve finally decided to go with the Aridus stock adapter and handguard for my 1301. I don’t remember if there were any good guy codes - if there are, can someone PM me?
    From the Airdus FAQ page:

Do you offer military/law enforcement discounts?

Yes. We offer 12% off MSRP of all available items for military and law enforcement. Email us at info@aridusindustries.com from a .mil or .gov email address to request a one time use coupon code. If emailing us from a non .mil/.gov email, you must include a copy of your ID to receive the one time use coupon code. You can still place orders in the future and receive a discount, but you will need to email us again to receive a new code.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    From the Airdus FAQ page:

Counts me out for it, then - I turned in my old .gov email when I took early medical retirement a few years ago, and I was only semi sworn anyways. I’ll get things ordered when I’m back home next week.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    So yeah, I would say you probably have the flat top Nordic follower that can cause that type of jam on the last round.
    If you haven't yet, go up to post #3413 and start reading (it goes on for a while)... I describe the issue and have now resolved it. Basically you need some type of Domed Follower to push the shell past the lip of the chamber... My guess is that any of them will fix the issue if it's domed or has a reduced diameter at the head the way the factory follower does.
    I looked at my gun, and the machined edges are fairly crisp in that area. It's on my list to get in there and break the edge that's catching the end of the shell so it will slide smoothly, no matter what. Haven't gotten around to it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Is this the recommended replacement follower?

https://freedomfightertactical.com/p...m4-shotgun-red
    Read starting at post #3413 again. I linked to several additional options.

That one, or this one: https://shop.carriercomp.com/product.sc?productId=14

Or the Domed version from Nordic but nobody knows how to purchase that version.
    Again, I'm pretty sure it was all discussed earlier. Nordic makes both, sells both. LTT got a domed one and said they'd test it and decide what to use going forward. If you have a flat Nordic follower and are having the jam issue, it's worth a call to either Nordic or LTT (if you have the LTT package gun) to see if they can help you get squared away.

I got my follower direct from Nordic several years ago, and it happens to be the domed version.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Again, I'm pretty sure it was all discussed earlier. Nordic makes both, sells both. LTT got a domed one and said they'd test it and decide what to use going forward. If you have a flat Nordic follower and are having the jam issue, it's worth a call to either Nordic or LTT (if you have the LTT package gun) to see if they can help you get squared away.

I got my follower direct from Nordic several years ago, and it happens to be the domed version.
    I don't doubt that you bought yours directly from Nordic but things seemed to have changed in the meantime. If you go to their website you will see that despite listing prices for everything there is not any option set up to actually purchase said items.
    However, there is a very clear statement that shows up on the Full Site version (but not the mobile version) that says they do not sell direct to anyone and everything must be purchased through retailers.
    Additionally, the Domed Follower is not listed on their site... Yes, apparently they still offer it as Mr Langdon received one, but that doesn't help the rest of us to procure one.
    So once again, I'm sure it's a great solution but until someone on here can tell me how they actually acquired one recently I'm calling it a dead end.

Freedom follower slightly more protrusion (pic not great, due to the Nordic follower being tilted up in the pic). Maybe that will help. But when I press the shell release the new round shoots all the way back and seems retained at the rear of the lifter, so the follower shouldn't matter?

I did clean and lube the gun for the first time...

Name:  IMG_5499.jpg
Views: 1464
Size:  51.8 KB

User Tag List