Page 261 of 675 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Is there any compelling reason to use the Nordic clamp? It seems like overkill for the short +2 mag extension unless I will mount something on it.

This thing is going to be a PIA to disassemble for cleaning, and that will make even more of a pain.
    Also, does anyone know if there is a good reason to use the heavy duty magazine spring instead of the standard?
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Is there any compelling reason to use the Nordic clamp? It seems like overkill for the short +2 mag extension unless I will mount something on it.

This thing is going to be a PIA to disassemble for cleaning, and that will make even more of a pain.
    I chose not to use it on mine.

Site Supporter

Put mine on to try it as a sling mount point & it marred the barrel.... Don't use it now.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    As someone who couldn't get on this deal back when they were $650, would the Viper camo-print versions be functionally identical to the Tactical models?
    The 1301 Viper is a gen 1 1301 Tac. Fixed choke tube, poly rail up top, old style bolt release.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Thanks for the info. I've put off getting one of these back when they were on sale, and I've sort of wanted one continually since then. Gonna have to budget for one and pick one up I guess since it's 6-9 months later and the more I read about it on PF the more I want one.

I ran some high brass heavy field shot, and full power slugs through the 1301 today. Everything works well. Recoil was stout because the gun is so light and also because I may be a pussy.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

With out the clamp, is there an easy way to mount a light without resorting to tape or replacing the forend?

Well this thread just claimed another victim...

I have been looking for a new HD shotty and was almost set on the M4. However, after extensive reading on this forum and the net, decided to go with the Beretta. I have ordered some nice accoutrements from Aridus Industries and just happen to have an Aimpoint H1 with no home to mount up. I am looking forward to having some fun the 1301 very soon. Thanks to all who contributed to this thread and especailly to the Beretta rep.

I will post some pictures when everything is up and running.
    Last edited by ECVMatt; 09-22-2018 at 09:40 PM.

I gotta say that has been a LONG thread experience. I too have been interested in a good semiauto 12g, but had never found the ideal platform for me. With all the help/advice in this thread, I just might have to give the 1301 a try.
    A man with an experience, is not a slave to a man with an opinion.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    With out the clamp, is there an easy way to mount a light without resorting to tape or replacing the forend?
    Several folks, including myself, are making good use of the Streamlight mount.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/75...-remington-870

It's perfectly adequate for a home defense gun IMHO, or could serve as an interim solution while you work something else out.

User Tag List