Page 163 of 680 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263663 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekO View Post
    I'm pretty sure the standard +2 does extend past the barrel, but just barely. That's why they offer the Beretta 1301 Tactical MXT Extension Kit.

Check out a pic of the standard +2 on the tactical in this review: link
    You are correct sir!

Helpful note to those who didn't know it already: the Nordic MXT Modular Magazine Extension (currently on clearance at Midway) is NOT the same part as the magazine extension tube in the https://nordiccomp.com/categories/be...extension-kit/
    mentioned above.
    The one from Midway extends maybe 3/4 of an inch beyond the barrel of a 1301 Tactical. Works fine, though, as noted by many already.

Just odd, as that both share the "MXT" name- you'd think they would be the same item.
    Last edited by GyroF-16; 03-07-2017 at 06:04 PM.

I think it is a feature, not a defect, if the magazine tube extends slightly beyond the muzzle, as it protects the muzzle. Nordic actually put me onto that when I was getting a tube for a Benelli 14 inch.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think it is a feature, not a defect, if the magazine tube extends slightly beyond the muzzle, as it protects the muzzle. Nordic actually put me onto that when I was getting a tube for a Benelli 14 inch.
    First time I saw a shotgun with the mag tubes longer than the barrel is made no sense to me and I thought it looked dumb.

Now whenever I see a shotgun with the barrel longer than the mag tubes the gun looks wrong and unfinished
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Another slight refinement of light/sling. Still liking the Noveske sling mount sandwiched under the picatinny rail. The Surefire RM45 mount with a Scout (or in this case a RM-1 while I wait for the HL-X) brings the light in tighter than anything else I've tried so far. Still a reach if you don't have long arms or don't like a pressure switch. This will do until Aridus Industries turns out something purpose-built and better! There's still a lot of unnecessary bulk here.

Name:  UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1ea4.jpg
Views: 3124
Size:  53.4 KB
    Name:  UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1ea6.jpg
Views: 2867
Size:  73.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    First time I saw a shotgun with the mag tubes longer than the barrel is made no sense to me and I thought it looked dumb.

Now whenever I see a shotgun with the barrel longer than the mag tubes the gun looks wrong and unfinished

SBS with a long mag tubes

Makes me inner Gaymer and Timmy meet in a state of balance and harmony .
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    dont eat em!! or you'll become one of the patients on my board exams presenting with some obscure toxicity from eating plants you shouldn't...

RE longer mag tube then barrel...

In my years (pre dentistry) in the armored truck industry, the mag tube longer than the barrel was useful for a knock around shotgun-shotgun (meaning the primary weapon of the eponymous holder) since it helped keep the crown of the muzzle somewhat protected, almost like a stand off device.

GJM...the SBS with the VR makes my 80's inner action hero happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fricke drop leg for the USP?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    dont eat em!! or you'll become one of the patients on my board exams presenting with some obscure toxicity from eating plants you shouldn't...
    Those are wild Alaskan blueberries. When they become available, we pick and eat them every day. They are half the diet we try to follow, that we call the grizzly bear diet - lots of berries and fresh salmon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    RE longer mag tube then barrel...

In my years (pre dentistry) in the armored truck industry, the mag tube longer than the barrel was useful for a knock around shotgun-shotgun (meaning the primary weapon of the eponymous holder) since it helped keep the crown of the muzzle somewhat protected, almost like a stand off device.

GJM...the SBS with the VR makes my 80's inner action hero happy.

I have worn quite a bit of the finish on the end of the mag tube, from bonking into things. Glad it was the tube and not the crown of the barrel.

That shotgun's purpose in life is to protect against a bear attack. Since a bear has to be able to touch you to hurt you, a fiber optic front sight on the rib works just fine for launching Brenneke slugs inside 25 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    Fricke drop leg for the USP?

It is a Fricke custom Gideon for the HK USP 45, mounted on a Safariland QLS fork, and worn on a Safariland drop holster.

User Tag List