Page 509 of 678 FirstFirst ... 9409459499507508509510511519559609 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,090 of 6772

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Scalarworks is coming out with their SYNC RDS mounts for the 1301T for RMRs and ACROs, guess they changed their mind about supporting it: https://www.facebook.com/scalarworks...9196086967250/

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Scalarworks is coming out with their SYNC RDS mounts for the 1301T for RMRs and ACROs, guess they changed their mind about supporting it: https://www.facebook.com/scalarworks...9196086967250/
    I’m actually a fan of the original rear sight - I’ll be watching for this.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Me too, I don't care for the CROM very much.

Where are you folks going for 1301 spare parts?

I need one, preferably two, 1301 front sight shields (aka protective wing assembly). Midwest carries the part, but they are OOS. All calls/voicemails at BUSA go unanswered/unreturned, as do all emails.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    Where are you folks going for 1301 spare parts?

I need one, preferably two, 1301 front sight shields (aka protective wing assembly). Midwest carries the part, but they are OOS. All calls/voicemails at BUSA go unanswered/unreturned, as do all emails.
    The Benelli M4 front sight guard is the same...but it's out of stock everywhere I normally buy parts.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    Me too, I don't care for the CROM very much.
    This looks like an optics mount for people who don’t really understand optics.

If you’re going to do a true co-witness and take up most of the optic window with the iron why bother with an optic ?
    Last edited by HCM; 01-22-2022 at 08:40 PM.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    This looks like an optics mount for people who don’t really understand optics.

If you’re going to do a Truco witness and take up most of the optic window with the iron why bother with an optic ?
    Indeed.

The rear sight as it comes on the gun is lovely. But it would be pretty obnoxious if it's sitting right behind the optic. The beauty of the Aridus Haught Mod setup is that it leaves your field of view through the optic remarkably uncluttered. Dealing with grub screws is kind of a pain in the ass, but once you get it zeroed it's nice.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Indeed.

The rear sight as it comes on the gun is lovely. But it would be pretty obnoxious if it's sitting right behind the optic. The beauty of the Aridus Haught Mod setup is that it leaves your field of view through the optic remarkably uncluttered. Dealing with grub screws is kind of a pain in the ass, but once you get it zeroed it's nice.
    That's my main complaint, the CROM sight is a pretty crude design (aperture not withstanding). I've actually considered just going back to the pic rail and leaving the sights off all together. Milling off half of the factory aperture wouldn't be hard either, they put two dots on it to tell you where the middle is.

Different strokes, people.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Different strokes, people.
    No. Some things are just inefficient.

Been down the “true co-witness” road with carbines with large numbers of shooters. At best it’s a distraction that hampers performance. At worst you have people trying to use the red dot and the irons at the same time.

If you are running an optic, the optic is your primary sighting system.

The iron sights on the 1301 are a great choice if you want to use irons as your primary sights

But the LPA rear does not play well with micro-sized red dots. It blocks too much of the optic.

User Tag List