Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Glock Knuckle' fixes or remedies?

Don't find it a problem with normal shooting, but when doing extended shooting sessions I slip on a baseball batters glove. Gives just enough protection for me.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Ben at Boresight Solutions probably does one of the most aggressive and attractive mods on the Glock trigger guard.

Name:  boresight4.jpg
Views: 2432
Size:  50.0 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Ben at Boresight Solutions probably does one of the most aggressive and attractive mods on the Glock trigger guard.
    That does look nice, but I wonder how it would impact the "click" type holsters and their retention. I'm specifically thinking about Blade-Tech's newer designs that have the pimples in the trigger guard area that provide the "click".

The click is on the inside of the trigger guard, should be fine.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Give it the dremal treatment makes a big difference all my Glocks get it now.

Man boresight sure does nice work.

Thanks gentlemen, I think I'm now convinced that the dremel is indeed the best solution to this problem. I'll be doing my first official Glock frame mod on my next day off.

I've actually always liked the look of Boresight's work, but I'm an honest-to-God 'one gun' guy, and would have to buy and set up a duplicate G17 before I send mine out for work. Though, getting a second G17 is a sound idea in itself, and probably something I should do anyway...

been shooting glocks for a couple years now and never had this problem...how are you all gripping your glocks? The edge of my knuckle is just on the edge of the trigger guard. Is my hand not wrapped around far enough? ---not that I want to have this problem or anything but just curious how do you figure out the proper place for strong hand?

It doesnt take much to cure this issue. Alot of guys doing home mods and undercutting their grips tend to remove too much material and can actually end up making this problem even worse.

I will have to get a close up but radiusing the sides of the trigger guard and enlarging the undercut just a TAD helps tremendously. Simply dremeling the area without understanding where the issue is coming from wont help so before taking a high powered rotational destruction tool, aka dremel to your plastic wonder...seriously sit and think about what you WANT to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    It doesnt take much to cure this issue. Alot of guys doing home mods and undercutting their grips tend to remove too much material and can actually end up making this problem even worse.

I will have to get a close up but radiusing the sides of the trigger guard and enlarging the undercut just a TAD helps tremendously. Simply dremeling the area without understanding where the issue is coming from wont help so before taking a high powered rotational destruction tool, aka dremel to your plastic wonder...seriously sit and think about what you WANT to change.

Well, I did my frame modification a few days ago, and despite having never seen this post, actually ended up doing exactly what you suggest here, and came out with something remarkably similar to the pic you posted.

I never used a dremel. Instead, I opted to do all of the shaping by hand, starting with 100 grit sandpaper. I went SLOW, and checked the 'fit' often. I made the 'hump' (where the trigger guard transitions from flat to undercut) less abrupt, and put a nice smooth radius on both sides of the trigger guard, where it meets the grip. After getting the desired shape, I smoothed the area with 150 grit, then 220, and finally a 320 grit sanding sponge. I then did a final finish with a green Scotch-Brite pad.

The end result involved the removal of very little material. Most probably wouldn't even notice anything had been modified, at a glance. Despite such a small change, the difference it made is amazing. To my middle finger's knuckle, it now feels like a completely different handgun. I'm definitely having one of those 'I should have done this 3 years ago' moments.

I agree that a dremel is 100% unnecessary for getting the desired outcome.

I have this problem with both Glocks and M&Ps. At first it hurt alot, and blistered pretty bad. But pushing through it over time has made it so I don't feel it as much if at all. I do however have a permanent bump on the side of my knuckle that always seems to have dry skin on top(pic below). Thankfully though, it doesn't blister up anymore.

User Tag List