Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smile.Amazon.Com - Donate to NRA or Your Favorite Charity

Site Supporter

Smile.Amazon.Com - Donate to NRA or Your Favorite Charity

In case you have not yet heard...

Amazon Launches AmazonSmile – A Simple, Automatic Way For Customers To Support Their Favorite Charitable Organizations

Customers who visit AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com) will find the exact same Amazon they know and love. They’ll enjoy the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience – with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to their favorite charitable organization. There is no cap on the total donation amount and customers can choose from nearly one million organizations around the country.
    http://smile.amazon.com/

We signed up for.....
    NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund
    The NRA Board of Directors established the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund in 1978 to become involved in court cases establishing legal precedents in favor of gun owners. To accomplish this, the Fund provides legal and financial assistance to selected individuals and organizations defending the right to keep and bear arms.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Bump for this - glad I searched before posting fresh.

I discovered this recently as well. As Roy notes, there are a couple NRA options, as well as the SAF. Perhaps others that I just haven't searched for yet.

Wonder if we can get Rampage for the Cure added?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I feel like I should apologize to the world: I am so jaded that I didn't even think to look for 2A groups.

Thanks for posting this.

Site Supporter
    I've been meaning to bump this thread and thank the OP myself. I started using smile, with the NRA as a beneficiary as a result of reading it some time back.

Site Supporter
    Excellent.!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Operation 300 is my Amazon Smile recipient.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I feel like I should apologize to the world: I am so jaded that I didn't even think to look for 2A groups.

Thanks for posting this.
    No harm in that - there are plenty of valid .orgs worthy of donation that have nothing to do with 2A.
    --Josh

Wow, awesome. We use Amazon two or three or more times a month. There are multiple charities I would donate to, so I will have to remember to set a list and try to spread the love evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Wonder if we can get Rampage for the Cure added?
    I signed up earlier this year and at that time, if your charity of choice was not there, you could make a request to see if the organization would accept donations from Amazon smile.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    I signed up earlier this year and at that time, if your charity of choice was not there, you could make a request to see if the organization would accept donations from Amazon smile.
    Johns Hopkins is there; I search for "Sidney Kimmel", cancer research part, and the only search result was, Johns Hopkins. So you could at least part way to the same result. One could probably try to get the Sidney Kimmel center directly listed?
    --Josh

User Tag List