Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: "Be sure of your target..." in competition

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Our agency uses the similar box style 3D targets and we have played with the balloon thing. As noted it's a hassle and pretty time intensive to reset. We've had pretty good luck using poppers of varying sizes inside the same type cardboard target box. It allows for a similar reactive target and can be juggled with different sized steel to prioritize the need for "better hits". Also, while it perhaps has limited application in a match style environment (because of various calibers and being "fair"), you can set the poppers so that a single hit by itself won't knock it over thus requiring a more rapid string of fire.

FWIW.

t
    I was looking into a way to make these work but lost interest. I like that these could be shot at close range and with rifles without a safety problem.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/124...polymer-orange

I almost bought one of those the other day at Cabellas with visions of OrigamiAK's swinging reactive targets in my head.

Re the carbine up close thing, I own a couple Ceiner .22 conversion kits (which incidentally run like proverbial apes) that are a good stand in for real carbines in close proximity. We've used them at the Office (an S.O.) a bit allowing folks to still use their own issued carbine (set up the way they run it) for training runs. We've also run a couple local IDPA 2 and 3 gun matches with steels where we staged a basic .22 converted AR that everyone shot. They've worked out pretty well, FWIW.

t

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    It's against IDPA rules to intentionally position a no-shoot behind a threat target so that it would get hit with shoot through.
    Could you reference the rule? I'm not seeing it in the new book. I recall there was a rule prohibiting forcing a shooter to engage a threat by shooting through a non threat. But not seeing what you're referencing.

Sent via Tapatalk and still using real words.

It might not be in the new rule book.

4.12. Shoot Through
    On a shoot through of a non-threat target that also strikes a threat target, the shooter will get the penalty for the non-threat target hit and will get credit for the scored hit on the threat target. The reverse also applies when a round on a threat target penetrates a non-threat or threat behind it. All target shoot throughs count.

There is no rule that I can find that would restrict a COF from putting a threat target in front of, or behind a non-threat as long as at least one hand of the non-threat can be seen.

CC
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Just saw this new product. It's not as expensive as a lot of other options on the market. A club with some money could actually afford a half dozen of these.

http://www.motoshot.com/?utm_source=...t-dropper/cz2f

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Just saw this new product. It's not as expensive as a lot of other options on the market. A club with some money could actually afford a half dozen of these.

http://www.motoshot.com/?utm_source=...t-dropper/cz2f
    Very cool thanks for sharing that.

Sent via Tapatalk and still using real words.

User Tag List