Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor Freelance HK P30 mag extensions

As I said, they included an explanation why in some mags the advertised 5 rounds may not happen without filing. After reading it twice, I still didn't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    As I said, they included an explanation why in some mags the advertised 5 rounds may not happen without filing. After reading it twice, I still didn't understand it.
    I don't have one of my mags in front of me but, could it possible be the bottom of the follower needs to be filed a little to get more downward travel for the extra round? I would hate to think there is that much discrepancy in all the followers since I would imagine the are a injection molded product.

YVK here is a video just posted last night about the extensions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4rowdWzpzQ

Thanks, I saw it off of hkpro.
    I wouldve thought that making a video why some cant get a +5 wouldve been more relevant than showing how his mag takes all 5, but what do I know...

That said, if it takes that much effort to squeeze all 5 in, I'd stick with 4. I dont often reload with slide in battery but when I do, I dont want to fight it.

I think most folks are going to run into the +2 problem. I talked with Robin a little bit and he sent me the M&P video

It shows exactly where he modifies the follower, and the same holds true for the P30. It took me about 5 minutes with a hand file and both of mine load easily to 20. I can get 21 in one of them, but that's definitely a tight tight fit and not reloadable.

Put 10 of the TF +5 HK P30 9mm together last night. All 10 took20 rounds with no modification. In 2 cases I had to lightly tap the mag extension to get it to slide all the way on.
    I did this by placing the back of the mag with +5 installed, but with the plate and screws removed, on a flat surface and lightly tapping the front of the extension with a rubber hammer until it was fully seated.

Dr. No, what you posted explains well what TF meant in an enclosed instruction that came with a P30 extension.

Shot them today with 115gr FMJ no issues. Loaded chamber from another mag and inserted fully loaded 20 round mags.

Anyone got an update on these? Been thinking about getting two or three of 'em.

Ordered one today to try out on a P2000 9mm magazine.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List