Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor Freelance HK P30 mag extensions

Taylor Freelance HK P30 mag extensions

http://shop.taylorfreelance.com/shop...products_id=61

Figured there might be some interest, as I know how popular the P30 is around here. Apparently, these were designed for the Border Patrol, so they should be build for hard use. You now know what I know, anyone have more information?

Man, I did not need to see this right now...
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

Quote Originally Posted by klewis View Post
    http://shop.taylorfreelance.com/shop...products_id=61

Figured there might be some interest, as I know how popular the P30 is around here. Apparently, these were designed for the Border Patrol, so they should be build for hard use. You now know what I know, anyone have more information?
    I pre-ordered one a couple of weeks ago. They sent an email recently that the release was being delayed, by a couple of weeks so far, due to some surface finish logistic issues.
    They also solicited a feedback whether there would be any interest in a magwell for a P30.

Wish it was black...

Definitely interested, hope they have some actual product soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinh View Post
    Definitely interested, hope they have some actual product soon.
    Cool. I'd love to see these. Although at this time I'd take some mags as well.

Attachment 1884Good timing for a thread, this update from TF came in today

. Just a quick note to bring you up to speed on our HKP30 basepad project.

Since you last heard from me, we've created a hollow ground locking plate (making the magazine drop free more easily), and wrestled with some unexpected problems finding a reasonable facsimile of "Coyote tan".

Surface color is our last barrier, and once we have that solved, we'll be delivering to you. (See sample parts in attached photo.)

I would agree that black anodize would be way less hassle to produce. Probably sell a few more too.

Attachment 1893Attachment 1894

Came in today, prelim observations:

It is black. Thank you, TF!
    I only got +4, not +5. I don't really care.The accompanying instruction says that filing the follower is sometimes needed and some folks can only get +2 without filing.
    Same instruction fails to mention that one needs an Allen wrench to remove locking plate and reinstall it after sliding the extension on.
    Said locking plate extends between the mag tube and magwell. One might need a slight bevel on the back of magwell to allow for this. My P30L didnt need it as is, and I already had this area beveled on my P30. Incidentally, this minimal mod makes your gun ineligible for SSP or Production at least in the letter, for those who care.
    All 19 rounds cycled normally manually and locked back on empty.
    Live fire function report will follow, one day.

Is the +4 on a 9 mm or a 40?

User Tag List