Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NoVA KSTG 2013-10-29

Thank you to everyone who showed up. Everyone was safe and involved and that makes the match more fun for everyone. Christmas apocalypse for the next match?
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Thanks guys for a fun first match.

Quote Originally Posted by JConn View Post
    Christmas apocalypse for the next match?
    Rabid reindeer and chucky dolls in gift wrap? I like it!
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

"protect a gift" in one hand, while retreating from a rabid reindeer while engaging it with your sidearm strong-hand-only? Well...we've done that before. Maybe not a herd of zombie reindeer, though. Moving/Active targets might be cool if we can wing it: some other shooting events at the NRA HQ Range have incorporated moving targets on motorized pulleys and gravity-powered "zip-wire"-type targets (and of course there's the motorized electronic carriers that can be used).

I enjoyed the return of the low-light stage(s) this time (first time in nearly two years, as I recall - the first KSTG in December, 2011 was the only other match to feature a low light stage that required a flash light, as I recall), and I'm pleased that my 'gun' (handcannon) was sufficiently powerful to make good hits on the targets =)
    "WHAT?!? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW RIDICULOUS YOUR GUN IS!" - TLG

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kle View Post
    I enjoyed the return of the low-light stage(s) this time (first time in nearly two years, as I recall - the first KSTG in December, 2011
    We've had a low(er) light stage since then. I don't recall when, but I can picture the stage in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    We've had a low(er) light stage since then. I don't recall when, but I can picture the stage in my head.
    I think you're right. I don't recall any that actually required the use of a flashlight except that first match; it was simply darker.
    "WHAT?!? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW RIDICULOUS YOUR GUN IS!" - TLG

Site Supporter
    Agreed.

It's difficult to setup a stage in there that blocks out all of the light and doesn't take forever to setup.

Results Posted?

Will results be posted?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Keys1970 View Post
    Will results be posted?
    They'll be posted tonight or tomorrow.

Thank you for putting on a fun match. Best one this year in mu humble opinion.

User Tag List