Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NoVA KSTG 2013-10-29

NoVA KSTG 2013-10-29

A friend has asked if this is to be a "Halloween-Themed" match, and if it would be germane to dress in-costume for the match.

FWIW, I won't be dressing up. Unless "code monkey at the end of the day and strapping on a [wheel]gun" counts as a costume.
    "WHAT?!? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW RIDICULOUS YOUR GUN IS!" - TLG

We are diminished
    Anyone shooting a revolver will be required to wear either a cowboy outfit or a security truck guard uniform.

I have a fake cowboy hat (not a Stetson, but a cheap wool doohicky in the shape of one) and I think I can scrounge up a plow-handle wheelgun and a holster to go along with it...

I was maybe thinking something more like...

Quote Originally Posted by kle View Post
    I have a fake cowboy hat (not a Stetson, but a cheap wool doohicky in the shape of one) and I think I can scrounge up a plow-handle wheelgun and a holster to go along with it...
    Now that I think of it, no common single-action wheelgun would be appropriate: the shortest common 4-5/8" barrel length (used to match the length of the ejector rod housing, which itself is of a certain length in order to provide full/near-full ejection of a spent casing from the cylinder) is longer than the maximum revolver barrel length of 4" in the KSTG rulebook.

And speaking of the revolver rules...PM on the way.

Site Supporter
    The match will have a Halloween theme. Costumes are certainly welcome, and, as Todd pointed out, required for revolver shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    The match will have a Halloween theme. Costumes are certainly welcome, and, as Todd pointed out, required for revolver shooters.
    So just me, then. Got it. "Disheveled Code Monkey" it is, then =)

Folks - Thanks again for an excellent match. Sorry the early squads were so empty, but it was good to have a chance to enjoy the holiday theme. The designers are to be commended on superb creativity to create problems befitting the season.

And as always, the night shoots are a great reminder of why one's match ammo should probably be the same as one's carry ammo for flash suppressing properties if nothing else. While so many of us have been running cheap fodder in the face of the shortage, given the relatively moderate round count required for matches there is a great argument to be made that it is worth the investment.

Thanks for the match, guys!

Thanks again for an entertaining match. I must say that the 9pm squad had the most diverse selection of sidearms I've yet to encounter at a KSTG match.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Fun match, great crew and thanks to the participants for hustling with the taping it really helped things go smooth. And thanks to FredM for the loaner gear!
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

User Tag List