Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama now wants "girly" hats for the Marines

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Yup. You're looking at the Alaska map for '88.
    Yup.....
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    For what?
    How counties around the Big Blue Cities flipped between the 1980s and today.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was a female Marine officer.
    Me either.

And as much as I think you guys will look just fabulous in your new hats, if you guys do it they will probably make us do it in the near future. We just got rid of the stupid beret, I can't take any more stupid hats.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

The funny thing about hats, and other inanimate adornments, is that when a certain kind of person wears them, they loose their negative connotations and take on those of the wearer.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by oldtexan View Post
    The new proposed cap bears a striking resemblance to the 1912 Pattern USMC Enlisted Dress Service cap. Here's a link to a photo of one. http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...-service-cap-w
    It certainly does, and "Yuck!".
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    It's my understanding he did start it (on this forum). This is the first instance I could find of its use in this context:
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...l=1#post132490
    (Notice who edited the post)
    I'm just saying that I'm blaming her..........that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice, what can adequately be explained by stupidity.

My NCO sword and the cover from my dress blues were the only things I kept when I got out. I kept them because they were symbols that I worked very hard to obtain.

Buying new covers will cost 8 million dollars the Corps does not have. And we are not allowing wounded Marines with combat decorations for bravery to reenlist. And if they are killed in combat, we won't pay their SGLI.

Sean M, if you wish to move your family southward, I know a great realtor. Serious offer. In the meantime, stay safe.
    I kept my dress blue coat and my bloodstriped pants. I don't know why. I haven't seen them in nearly 20 years. I think they are in a bag in my mother's attic.

This is another prime example of the "Good Idea Fairy" having diarrhea in some pouge's BHG. The CINC may not be the "Good Idea Fairy" with dysentary, but he does have the power to simply say "Stop wasting tax payer money on items that are for appearance only, we are a nation at war".

But, to keep the record straight..........dead Marines' families are paid their SGLI.........just not the death gratuity payment which is to cover travel costs, funeral expenses......trivial things that most any widow of a LCPL can swing on her own until the politicians un-ass themselves from their bickering.

SGLI is underwritten by a private life insurance company that has nothing to do with the government shutdown or the BS politics that go along with the budget shenanigans.

And in all seriousness.............Texas is on the short list. Things continue much more like they are, and it may be sooner than I had anticipated.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    How counties around the Big Blue Cities flipped between the 1980s and today.
    Yeah, and...? Look at what happened in IA, WV, OK, AR, etc. over the same time period...

'88 wasn't such a good election for comparison, anyway; Dukakis was the Democrats'... comparisons are tough... McCain, maybe? If you think the base had a hard time getting fired up about Romney, you should have heard Dems talking about Mike back then.

'88 and '08 would probably be a more interesting comparison. Or '96 and '12.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

While I agree about the urbanization of America, Tam is correct that we can't ignore the elephant in the room that is the candidates. GWB1 was a rock by way of comparison, and Dukakis was lukewarm leftovers from the party 3 nights ago.

The reverse was true for the parties last time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post

But, to keep the record straight..........dead Marines' families are paid their SGLI.........just not the death gratuity payment which is to cover travel costs, funeral expenses......trivial things that most any widow of a LCPL can swing on her own until the politicians un-ass themselves from their bickering.

SGLI is underwritten by a private life insurance company that has nothing to do with the government shutdown or the BS politics that go along with the budget shenanigans.

And in all seriousness.............Texas is on the short list. Things continue much more like they are, and it may be sooner than I had anticipated.
    Thank you for the correction, I hate passing bad scoop. I had not read the news stories closely enough.

And I agree, the wife of every PFC in my squad had piles of cash for stuff like that as well. For the very few that were married.

It would be interesting to see the list of political contributions for the Board of Directors of the apparel compary contracted for the new covers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

User Tag List