Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Belt carry options for a WML?

Breaking your longarm's weaponlight doesn't seem an eventuality worth preparing for to this degree, or sacrificing beltspace for.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Actually, my main interest in this belt carrier is so I can more readily use an X300 for night-time evidentiary photography, if I add a small bracket, and attach a section of rail. I tend to juggle an LX2 at present.
    If hte intended purpose is not to mount/dismount to your pistol, then rock on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    To update, I ended up with the Blade-Tech.

They offer lots of options so you can order it however you want; I have the 1.5" lens-up vertical, and it works great.
    I wish Bladetech would offer a IWB-L for the P30

BTW is this for duty use?

I found out that its pretty easy to carry a pistol with a mounted weapons light using a IWB-L holster!

I also carry 2 surefire handhelds.

There are all kinds of custom kydex holster being made , seems everyone is making them.
    Last edited by Rich; 01-09-2014 at 02:08 PM.

The lens-up Blade-Tech carrier protects the switch from inadvertant activation; tonight I packed a bag (with the x300 in it) and, for the first time ever, I did not have to wonder whether there would be a fire.

Thanks Blade-Tech!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    ^This^

Especially since one might be installing the light on a loaded pistol in the dark under stress. Not a good idea.
    Back before getting a dedicated holster this is what I did and I know a lot of cops who still do. Never been an issue just come up under the gun and slide it on don't put your hand in front of the muzzle. The reason I went to a dedicated holster was due to a felony stop I had where I had a suspect at gun point and he walked up on me (no back up on scene yet) and I could not re-holster. I ended up spraying him and pulling him to the ground with my left arm and having to set my pistol down on the ground while I got him cuffed. Never again. For that reason I use a holster designed for the light to be attached.
    Pat

User Tag List