Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BUG or not to BUG - who carries a BUG?

On duty - primary (P2000) on right hip, BUG (PM9) on left ankle. Off duty, PM9 is on the ankle (wearing pants) or in the pocket (when in shorts) - P2000 in usual place when outside the house...

I have to admit, the 642 in the pocket is an idea that I love, but have never been able to pull off effectively with jeans or casual slacks. Now that it's getting colder, maybe in a pocket holster in the fleece vest I use as a cover garment most of the time?

Regards,

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Guess I need to read the latest "version" to see what changes were made.

Hit the link I posted above and read the FOP doc. It will give you the essentials.

Many times, you will find me with a 642 in my cargo pocket (along with my RMR'd Glock 17 AIWB). You will always find me with 2 spare mags for my G17, folding knife in my right pocket, and a small (3.5") fixed blade on my left hip. Sometimes, a knife beats a gun for an extremely close contact weapon.

I wish when they fixed that stupid NJ ammo issue with the latest update of the LEOSA/aka HR218 that they had also did something about the retarded magazine capacity thing.

More often then not. Agency only authorizes Glock 22/23/27...... 27 specifically authorized as secondary weapon.
    I rarely use ankle carry, as I alternate between shorts/jeans when the weather allows.
    Usual mode in street clothes is G23 IWB @ 3:30ish, G27 IWB @ 8:30ish. This is more consistent for me.
    I have used a shoulder rig for the BUG under a shirt or jacket, but since hurting my right shoulder a while back, I seem to need to adjust it a lot more.
    On duty it is in a vest holster on the left side. Primary plan is for cavalry style draw with off hand.

As one of the only cops in my area that I know to carry regularly, ONE of my reasons is to show the others, "If I can carry two, you can carry one and make it work."

On duty: compact M&P40 and 642, off duty usually just the 642. Primary on and off is a full size M&P.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotex View Post

As one of the only cops in my area that I know to carry regularly, ONE of my reasons is to show the others, "If I can carry two, you can carry one and make it work."
    Good luck with that. I've been beating my head against that wall for 21 years now!

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Good luck with that. I've been beating my head against that wall for 21 years now!
    Almost 27 for me.

I have done some good though. When I started on my job I was the first guy to ever officially carry a BUG. Now on the street it's probably 25%, even some of our detectives carry a BUG. About the same for off duty carry.

I carry a G26 on the ankle as a backup to my AIWB G34.

It's no real burden to me so I carry it.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Sometimes...
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

User Tag List