Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: BUG or not to BUG - who carries a BUG?

I lost both of my waved trainers, Endura and Delica one each, to my daughters who are carrying the fer realz versions and wanted to play with deploying the blades without getting cut up.

Had no idea they quit making them, or that they were going for those prices now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly21 View Post
    Glock 26 in Ankle Glove on and off duty(when attire allows for same)
    642 in right front pocket off duty
    Third gun in OWB depending on where I'm going off duty
    And that's a true story!

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Pocket migration, especially if the pocket clip gets sprung once or twice and loses some of its grip.
    Yeah, a few instances occurred to me after posting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotex View Post
    Phrasing.

I've been carrying non-waved blades tip-up for a while. I have a hard time visualizing how this happens with the spine of the blade wedged against the rear pocket seam. Or does the knife migrate around on the pocket due to daily movement?
    My Delica moves in the pocket, especially as the clip loosens. The Endura moves so much it gets pushed out and lost, which is why I don't carry them anymore. My long legs just push them around when I'm active.

Ken

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I've been happy with the security of the waved Delica thus far, but it's only been about six months or so and, barring bicycle riding, mine is a pretty sedentary existence these days.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I've removed and re-tensioned the clip on my Native a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotex View Post
    I've removed and re-tensioned the clip on my Native a few times.
    That works right up until you get a *snap*.
    I've broken a lot of Spyderco clips with just minor tweaks.
    Now I just keep two or three clips in my spare parts box and replace them when they get sprung.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I've been carrying a 442 Smith since 2000 as my daily on duty BUG. Prior to that I ran a COLT Officers ACP .45 as my BUG.

When off duty the 442 still gets used as a 2nd gun, but often I just run my G19 with extra mags.

I tend to carry multiple guns, with the "back-up" not always clearly defined. I virtually always carry one at or near 0300, but it may not be the larger one, especially now that I am tending to carry a G17 lefty for orthopedic reasons, as my right hand/wrist/shoulder are not aging so well. (I am thankful I was born more-or-less ambidextrous! I shoot Glocks notably better lefty.)

At work, the P229R in the duty rig is, by definition, primary. The snubby in the pocket or ankle rig is the back-up. The G17 is kept cased, as an emergency spare, but in unusual circumstances, may be uncased and in-hand while the SIG stays holstered, because, quite simply, I have more trigger time recently with the G17, as cumulative .40 recoil is too much for my bad wrist. (Some of us are trying to persuade our chief to allow us to use 9mm duty pistols, as an alternative to the present .40 and .45 options. I would rather be toting my G17 and G19 at work, than two different platforms.)

When an SP101 is the largest gun on my person, the second gun may well be an SP101, too, and I have carried as many as three at one time. It is not really so difficult; 0300, AIWB, and either 0900 or left pocket, quite comfortable, actually. As with my .40 P229R, however, recoil's effect on my aging joints is pushing me to 9mm Austrian polymer alternatives.

My only clear BUG is my Seecamp LWS-32. With no sights, it is a close-range tool. I rarely leave the house with it, even as a back-up, but that is subject to change, as my whole carry battery is being re-examined in the biggest shake-up in nearly a decade.
    Last edited by Rex G; 01-20-2014 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Clarifications

User Tag List