View Poll Results: What Flashlight features are important?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • >100 Lumens

17 23.61%
  • >200 Lumens

33 45.83%
  • >300 Lumens

3 4.17%
  • >500 Lumens

11 15.28%
  • >750 Lumens

0 0%
  • >999 Lumens

2 2.78%
  • Clickable ON/OFF Cap Switch

45 62.50%
  • Momentary Cap Switch

47 65.28%
  • Clickable side ON/OFF button switch

0 0%
  • >=2 levels of intensity

26 36.11%
  • Strobing Available

14 19.44%
  • >=2 types of Strobing

0 0%
  • SOS, Slow Flash, Long Duration Blinking

1 1.39%
  • CR-123 Batteries

39 54.17%
  • AA/AAA Batteries

10 13.89%
  • Rechargeable

4 5.56%
  • Combat Rings, Tube Rings (i.e. Combatllight)

14 19.44%
  • Tethers, Tether Clips

6 8.33%
  • Pocket Clips

31 43.06%
  • Strike Bezel

5 6.94%
  • Shockproof

37 51.39%
  • Water Resistant

18 25.00%
  • Waterproof <2m

22 30.56%
  • Waterproof >2m

20 27.78%
  • Runtime/Battery Life

36 50.00%
  • Tight-Med Beam

11 15.28%
  • Med-Wide Beam

15 20.83%
  • Adjustable Beam Coverage

2 2.78%
  • Infrared/Green/Ultraviolent capability

0 0%
  • Size/Fit for gripping a pistol

22 30.56%
  • Lightweight

24 33.33%
  • Heavyweight/striking weight

2 2.78%
  • Coating/Scratch/Environmental Resistance

18 25.00%
  • Lifetime Warranty

19 26.39%
  • Reliability

56 77.78%
  • Durability

57 79.17%
  • Brand,Customer Service

16 22.22%
  • Aesthetics/Looks/Color/Coolness

2 2.78%
  • Heat Control/Dissipation

4 5.56%
  • 90 degree head

0 0%
  • Adjustable head Angle

0 0%
  • Quick Access Carry Holster

6 8.33%
  • Flexible mounting/helmet/holster/gun

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Another Poll on Flashlights:: What features are important?

FWIW
    After someone mentioned it earlier in this thread I bought a couple Klarus XT2C lights for Christmas, one for me and one for my pops. While I know that it probably wouldn't hold up like a surefire to long term hard use/abuse, it's quite a good performer as a nightstand light. It puts out 580 lumens on HI and 7 days runtime on LO in a package a touch smaller than a G2. Solid construction, an easy UI that allows either HI or strobe from off, and a very clean & even beam that leans towards floody, which I like for in and around the house. If anyone's looking for a light to stash in a car or around the house, it's a solid light and a deal for $55.
    Last edited by Chefdog; 01-25-2014 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chefdog View Post
    FWIW
    After someone mentioned it earlier in this thread I bought a couple Klarus XT2C lights for Christmas, one for me and one for my pops. While I know that it probably wouldn't hold up like a surefire to long term hard use/abuse, it's quite a good performer as a nightstand light. It puts out 580 lumens on HI and 7 days runtime on LO in a package a touch smaller than a G2. Solid construction, an easy UI that allows either HI or strobe from off, and a very clean & even beam that leans towards floody, which I like for in and around the house. If anyone's looking for a light to stash in a car or around the house, it's a solid light and a deal for $55.
    I believe it was Soutnarc who first mentioned Klarus in another thread. I picked up a couple also on his recommendation. I'm no operator, but they work fine for my needs.

I carry 2 types of flashlights

For SD I prefer the 1stage lights like the cheap surefire P2X Defender 500 lumen .

I also carry a Back Up flashlight . A 2stage surefire E2 LED Defender. I had car problems and had to walk home at night and it was over 10Miles. That 2nd low lumen stage got me home.

And with all the new KYDEX Light Holsters and compact lights like the TLR-3 and APL I think one should mount a light to there pistol as well.

I like lights from Surefire and Elzetta

Elzetta maybe the best single stage SD light!

Also can come 1 stage strobe for those who like strobe.

I don't care for Fenix lights or lights like them for SD use

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Sotex, I have a 6P body/KL3 head/Z49 clickie tail cap hybrid that I use around the house. It sucks every last bit of juice out of a pair of 123As, then just dies. No worries, of course, because another light isn't far from hand. I have an old tupperware bowl I toss used 123As out of my E1B into when changing them out every couple of months.

The Inova X5 is another light that will drain a 123A battery completely before puking. The KL3 beam has more flood than throw, which is best for indoor general purpose use.

I carry a Surefire P2X defender and a Gen 2 E2 Defender Led 5lumen /120lumen

When the batts are dead I put them in my INOVA 5X !

I want it to be durable and reliable, have a lanyard - that can break away, and be able to fit it in my pocket. I do like more lumens since I use my flashlight a lot to look at things pretty far away but that is not a necessity

Don't forget to vote in the other flashlight poll at: http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ht=flashlights
    Thanks for voting
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

User Tag List