Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I can't decide which one to get...

I just went from a Hk 45c LEM to a g19. I just updated a thread that I started about going to a 9 from a 45. I had been debating on going from a 45 to 9 for a couple of reasons. I found out that I shoot the g19 better then I shoot the Hk.

I would urge for you to consider a used pre2010 3rd g19 or g17. Back in the day I used to hate on glocks for no apparent reason besides the fact that people who did not even really shoot, owned glocks. As time progressed who knew that glocks would end up working for me. If you are interested in the m&p, shoot it next to a g19 and make your decision based on the fact that you shoot one better then the other and do what the people who have been down this road before recommend and stick with it.

For me I am done with switching guns because I have found the one that works best for me and has the things I want in a defensive handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P View Post
    I just went from a Hk 45c LEM to a g19. I just updated a thread that I started about going to a 9 from a 45. I had been debating on going from a 45 to 9 for a couple of reasons. I found out that I shoot the g19 better then I shoot the Hk.

I would urge for you to consider a used pre2010 3rd g19 or g17. Back in the day I used to hate on glocks for no apparent reason besides the fact that people who did not even really shoot, owned glocks. As time progressed who knew that glocks would end up working for me. If you are interested in the m&p, shoot it next to a g19 and make your decision based on the fact that you shoot one better then the other and do what the people who have been down this road before recommend and stick with it.

For me I am done with switching guns because I have found the one that works best for me and has the things I want in a defensive handgun.
    I honestly like the simiplicity of the glock, just works

I just would prefer a hammer fired setup for ccw

I kept doing research ;-), What do you guys think of the Sig P220 Carry, either SRT or DAK?

Quote Originally Posted by JRas View Post
    I honestly like the simiplicity of the glock, just works

I just would prefer a hammer fired setup for ccw

I kept doing research ;-), What do you guys think of the Sig P220 Carry, either SRT or DAK?
    I thought you had decided on the P30? What changed?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

What do you guys think of the Sig P220 Carry, either SRT or DAK?
    Good gun, a bit large for CCW in my opinion, and .45ACP meh.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    A 9mm P30 V3 would be an excellent choice to take to your training class/course.
    Help Protect Our 2nd Amendment Rights -- Join The NRA

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less". General Robert E. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    I get bored, look at more options.

you guys said a 1911 would require much more maintaince to be reliable.

I looked for another option.

I had the same Idea as you; buy once-cry once. That was about a dozen or so guns ago. Honestly, the best advice comes from Todd. Find a police dealer near you and see if they sell trade ins to civilians. You should be able to find a good deal on a high holster time low round count G17 or G19. Take a few classes and shoot the crap out of the gun. Re-asses what are must haves and would be nices for your situation. Then trade the Glock on the gun that meets your new information based criteria. Trading in a $300 used Glock for a $100 credit on a new gun in a few months won't hurt as much as trading in a $1000 HK for a $400 credit. Sadly there is a VERY good chance that once you get some training and rounds down range you'll change your mind on what you like and dont like.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Find a police dealer near you and see if they sell trade ins to civilians.
    Right in the Phoenix area, Mesa. http://www.glockmeister.com/GLOCK-19...info/G19USEDB/

I get bored, look at more options.

YIKES!!! Building SICK skill levels won't be boring. "Rambling boy why don't you settle down!!!!"
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P View Post
    I just went from a Hk 45c LEM to a g19.....Back in the day I used to hate on glocks for no apparent reason besides the fact that people who did not even really shoot, owned glocks. As time progressed who knew that glocks would end up working for me. If you are interested in the m&p, shoot it next to a g19 and make your decision based on the fact that you shoot one better then the other and do what the people who have been down this road before recommend and stick with it.
    Interesting, i recently had the same experience! Switched from an M&Pc to Glock 19 for same reasons. fit like a glove in my hand and shot just as well if not better than my m&pc. more so, i too used to "hate on Glocks" for the same exact reason, but got to run one recently and the end result was a Gen 4 Glock 19(no issues so far ) To the OP, good luck, seems like you 've got a lot of options to mull over.

User Tag List