Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: I can't decide which one to get...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P View Post
    I just went from a Hk 45c LEM to a g19. I just updated a thread that I started about going to a 9 from a 45. I had been debating on going from a 45 to 9 for a couple of reasons. I found out that I shoot the g19 better then I shoot the Hk.
    I respect your decision, and I'm glad to know that you are seeing better shooting results.

At the same time, I humbly wonder whether the 9mm caliber may be a better solution for you versus the 45c of the HK. In other words, are you certain that the Glock configuration alone, and not the caliber itself, has led to your greater shooting success over that of the HK45?

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    I respect your decision, and I'm glad to know that you are seeing better shooting results.

At the same time, I humbly wonder whether the 9mm caliber may be a better solution for you versus the 45c of the HK. In other words, are you certain that the Glock configuration alone, and not the caliber itself, has led to your greater shooting success over that of the HK45?
    I just went from a USPc .40 to an M&P9 and my shooting has improved markedly in a short time. That said, the move was precipitated partially by the fact that I shoot 9mm better regardless of model whether it's an M&P or a Glock or a SIG P226 or a Beretta or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by commandar View Post
    I just went from a USPc .40 to an M&P9 and my shooting has improved markedly in a short time. That said, the move was precipitated partially by the fact that I shoot 9mm better regardless of model whether it's an M&P or a Glock or a SIG P226 or a Beretta or whatever.
    Same here. I have always shot better with 9mm, than 40.

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post

I think it is the whole combination of everything (shooter and hardwear) coming together instead of just a specific variable as in caliber. Also my reason for switching was not because I shot the g19 better, it was due to a number of different factors that are not related to shootability.

You've gotten some excellent advice on this thread. If you need a gun now, either prior to or in conjunction with the training as suggested by others, I'd also suggest a Glock G17 or G19 (which ever you feel best and shoot best with). They're excellent guns to start out with-and you may well decide to stick with them.

Out of the other guns you're considering, after acquiring training/experience, if you decide to purchase another, I'd suggest the HK P30-but the devil in the details is deciding between 1) P30 or P30L, and 2) Which varient action (DA/SA or LEM) and which sub-varient...

As ToddG suggested, at this point you simply don't know what you don't know-and I'm not trying to be condescending or harsh. Better you wait, or minimize you're expenditures initially before spending around $1,000+ (because you're need to look at your total hardware system-gun, holster, magazines, magazine pouches, and suitable belt{s}) on something that might not be you're best choice for you...

Best, Jon

I would choose the M&P in a heartbeat

I found an HK P30 LEM V2 used, guys asking for $750 with he said 200 rounds through it. Said he's missing the medium sidestraps but everything else is there.

What would you guys offer him?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JRas View Post
    I found an HK P30 LEM V2 used, guys asking for $750 with he said 200 rounds through it. Said he's missing the medium sidestraps but everything else is there.

What would you guys offer him?

Thanks
    I would offer $700.

Quote Originally Posted by aboveandbeyond View Post
    I would choose the M&P in a heartbeat
    +1 to the M&P I love the M&P platform, but we are not all created equal unlike what your mom told you. So the P30 or Glock might be more ergonomic to you.

I would also suggest a training course before making a decision. Shoot the instructor an email and see if you could use one of his guns. I know you don't live anywhere near me, but I have a buddy who runs beginner courses, and he always offers to use his own handguns. His assortment is insanly large, and has everything except the p30. Sign up for a beginner course, and email the instructor to see if he can lend the firearms you have narrowed down. Also keep in mind that firearms tend to keep a good amount of value after being sold. Especially if you buy a used one from an online forum or a FTF (if thats legal in your state). If you do buy that HK and you decide its not for you, then you could probably sell it and buy a glock 17. Rinse and Repeat. So don't get too hung up on whats the best gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Comedian View Post
    I would offer $700.
    I missed out on it, he ended up selling it to another person :-(

I'm thinking about buying new, I just don't want to get ripped off at a gunstore. SGC has them for $950...

User Tag List